Options

Random Thought...

BotgimpBotgimp Posts: 5
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So I got to thinking (and maybe it's the beer) but since I paided $50 for the Albany show, and then $10 for the MP3 bootleg the LEAST Ed could do is sing ALL the songs himself and not hold the mic towards the crowd to do some of the singing. I mean, it's kind of what I paid for, ya kow? Thoughts?

I'm assuming I'll probably get flammed for this.
"I'm so happy with my righteous self."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    Botgimp wrote:
    So I got to thinking (and maybe it's the beer) but since I paided $50 for the Albany show, and then $10 for the MP3 bootleg the LEAST Ed could do is sing ALL the songs himself and not hold the mic towards the crowd to do some of the singing. I mean, it's kind of what I paid for, ya kow? Thoughts?

I think you're kind of missing the spirit of sharing live music with a crowd or band that you really care about.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    I think you're kind of missing the spirit of sharing live music with a crowd or band that you really care about.

Oh I totally understand sharing the music, I was out there singing my lungs out, but I didn't pay $60 to listen to my rendition of their songs.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    Botgimp wrote:

c'mon man, u're not serious are ya??? are u the kind of person that sits behind me and tells me to sit down? cause if you are, i think there's a michael bolton concert you'd be way more into....check ticketmaster.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    no....no....love the energy transferred in a concert.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    as a fan i'm responsible enough to know that, the CD is a concert CD.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Botgimp wrote:

here's some random thoughts for you

hookedonphonics.com - give it a try

you paided $50? what kind of word is paided??

and what is flammed? close but not quite einstein

here's a thought.... stay home next time... or don't take the night off from mc donalds... i'll want some fries when the show gets out

why are you even here?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    I love how right off the bat we have guys preaching the kinda intolerance and closed mindedness that PJ seeks to avoid. If anything you'r the kind of people PJ doesn't want listening to their music.

I'm just saying that passing the mic to the crowd is like the guy who sits next to you and sings the lyics to a song while your driving in the car.....no one wants to hear him.

This thread was meant as an open forum for discussion. For people of liked minded opinions or those who wished to add their own take on the matter. Lets try and act like the mature adults I'm sure we all are and not pick on each other's short comings. Cause arguing online is like running in the special olympics, even if ya win, your still retarded.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I am conflicted about this. When I am at the concert, it is AWESOME for the crowd to sing along, but if I am listening to a cd, I like hearing the singer.

There are exceptions -- I love Black on Benaroya Hall. That is just insane to listen to.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Botgimp wrote:
    I'm just saying that passing the mic to the crowd is like the guy who sits next to you and sings the lyics to a song while your driving in the car.....no one wants to hear him.
    quote]

I can relate to you about the guy who sits next to you in the car and sings! But that is about it! I love hearing the crowd on boots! And I hope Ed lets me sing at my first shows! I don't see what the big deal is.....it is usually a small portion of 1 or 2 songs a concert right?

I mean maybe PJ can offer some sort of cash back deal where you can get 3 dollars back for your lack of satisfaction or something!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    no no no, I too enjoy hearing the crowd AT the concert, and by no way shape or form am I dissastified with the CD or performance, but like I said in the title, it's just a random thought......unfortunatly some people on here had to go make douch bags of themselves and start correcting my spelling and what not. So final thought. I probably WONT be posting here much any longer seeing as how I thought possibly this PJ bunch would be different then the rest of the internet bullies who don't allow free thought or condem it. So to those of you who thought you could stroke your own ego by making sure free thought isn't heard go F yourselves and vote for Jeb Bush in '08. I'm Out.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    nobody's flaming you too much that i can see - they (and I) disagree (politely :) ). my feeling is its a live performance. we pj fans just know some of those songs so well that you can't help but sing. ed probably likes hearing it - he's always doing freestyle singalong parts with the crowd. can you imagine what it must feel like to hear 15-20,000 people singing a song to you that you wrote? in any case, a bootleg is a document of a live performance, so you can either re-live your show, or hear a show that you didn't get to go to; not a CD that was recorded to be as perfect as possible.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    See my biggest issue is that no one (save 1 or 2) is willing to entertain this line of thought. But rather put me down for spelling!?!? Or call me a michael bolton fan?!?! I SINCERELY thought this board was more tolerant then this. It just seems that no matter where on the internet you go you can find a board that is truely open and actually encourages people to speak their minds. Thought this one might be different. Sorry to see it wasn't.
  • Options
    I was only joking WITH you about the cash back thing! No worries! I can understand...in some case on a boot I would rather listen to Ed! Except as mentioned before songs like Black on Benaroya!

Don't mind people! Some of em are the same that bitch about the same stupid shit that other people have already bitched about over and over! The only reason they probably attacked you was cause they thought you were bitching! At least your thread is something I have never seen before!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Dude, when Eddie holds the mic out to the crowd, its like I become the frontman for Pearl Jam . Who the fuck wouldn't want that?