Options

Backspacer, Xmas singles, live bootlegs...

Hi, I can't find if there's any policy post about sharing MP3s?
I have requests for some - some of which were available free and have long gone, others to purchase but now gone.
Others were free but now purchasable.
Are we allowed to trade MP3s?

I have some I can offer in return - the Xmas singles so far from a torrent at 320kbps (up-scaled in most, if not all cases)
The Hartford Backspacer download
Drop In the Pond.

I am hoping to get the other 10 Backspacer gig bootlegs at original quality - I have found 128, but Hartford is 256kbps.
The original files since TC started giving xmas mp3s.
Toronto 9.11.2011 had been free on Googleplay, but I missed that. Again I found 128, but assume it was higher?
Lollapalooza 2007, which was on iTunes, but when I got round to buying it - too late, it had gone down.

Can anyone help out?

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited October 2018
    I believe anything is "legal" for trading except:
    Eddie Vedder solo shows/festivals.
    Roskilde 6/30/2000
    Anything currently for sale. Audience recordings of these shows are fine.
    I feel like there's one or two others on the "Not For Trade" list but I can't remember them.

I'm not saying you won't find that stuff, I'm saying the band/management strongly discourages it.

One of the most complete sites seems to be www.pearljambootlegs.org but I don't know about sound quality.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah found that site, seems they're all gonna be 128kbps. But if nobody is able to offer higher quality, I'll go with that site.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Thanks. Yeah found that site, seems they're all gonna be 128kbps. But if nobody is able to offer higher quality, I'll go with that site.
    What shows exactly are you looking for? The free download shows with Backspacer not only are lossy, but are also incomplete (missing all covers), so you may want the original complete lossless version if you'd like the best quality.
  • Options
    What shows exactly are you looking for? The free download shows with Backspacer not only are lossy, but are also incomplete (missing all covers), so you may want the original complete lossless version if you'd like the best quality.
    Ah, ok, thanks for the info. Now you mention that about the quality and edits, I guess the official bootlegs would be the better option.

The shows are:
    09/22/05 Halifax
    10/03/05 Philly
    11/22/05 Santiago
    05/17/06 Chicago
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids
    05/28/06 Camden
    06/03/06 East Rutherford
    07/16/06 Frisco
    06/25/08 MSG
    06/28/08 Mansfield
    06/27/08 Hartford - This one I have

Also looking for
    Lollapalooza 2007,
    Toronto 9.11.2011

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Ah, ok, thanks for the info. Now you mention that about the quality and edits, I guess the official bootlegs would be the better option.

The shows are:
    09/22/05 Halifax
    10/03/05 Philly
    11/22/05 Santiago
    05/17/06 Chicago
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids
    05/28/06 Camden
    06/03/06 East Rutherford
    07/16/06 Frisco
    06/25/08 MSG
    06/28/08 Mansfield
    06/27/08 Hartford - This one I have