A Pearl Jam Love Story-Throw Your Arms Around Me

I hope the band gets this!  :)

Comments

• Options
    BUMP
  • Options

“A Pearl Jam Love Story” - Throw Your Arms Around Me

Dear Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt and Boom…and Jack,

I have been waiting to write our story for years…and am finally having the opportunity to do so.

As I sit here and listen to Immortality streaming live through Periscope Seattle 2 I have become

nostalgic….

Summer 2003

I met Bobby and we enjoyed our first family dinner together with his closest friends and family.

It was the first time I joined them around the dinner table and the discussion was about family

friends and music…I immediately knew I was home. The discussion came to music art and

Bobby said the one piece of art he didn’t have and didn’t exist was “Harmony, Not A Through

Road”…I immediately knew my mission to win his heart…

I moved to Saratoga Springs NY to pursue a longboard skateboard company and before

pressing our first board I hit the record store and bought Yield…I remember blasting it in my

Jeep Wrangler and wanting to feel what he felt when he listened to your music…

I spent the following days tirelessly working on my project of printing, blowing up, matting and

framing “Harmony Not a Through Road” and gave it to him on the first birthday of his we

shared together…15 years later it still hangs on our wall.

We have spent the course of our relationship continuing to fall in love, traveling near and far to

your shows, collecting show posters and listening to your music.

2007: Birth of our son Dylan Thomas

2010: Signed Throw Your Arms Around Me for my Sign Language Class Final a week before

our wedding!

September 18, 2010: Married the love of my life and danced our first dance to your version of

Throw Your Arms Around Me-our wedding was Peacock Themed….

August 2018

….the next day, my brother in law asked me if I knew who got married yesterday…I very

excitedly said “ME!”…I wasn’t the ONLY one!!!!…EDDIE!!!!!….SERIOUSLY!!!!!?????

Fast-forward 1 YEAR: Canada Anniversary Show:

After living in a basement apartment for years since our son was born we have the opportunity

to buy a home and it comes down to our 1 Year Pearl Jam Anniversary show in Canada or the

house…it was actually a discussion!!!…going to your show for our anniversary or buying the

house!…we obviously had to choose the house and gave away our Ten Club Tickets:(

Fast-forward…CHRISTMAS…

I wake up to a show poster wrapped on my wall from our 1 year Anniversary Show that we had

to miss…it’s a PEACOCK!!!!!!!…..You can’t make this shit up!…I almost died!

It would mean the WORLD to us to have you play “Throw Your Arms Around Me” in Chicago,

we’ll be there both nights!…I’ll be signing it from our seats!… I cried with your shout out to the

teachers Seattle 1…that meant the world to me as a special educator and a mother!…keep

doing what you do!!!

All Our Love and Gratitude,

Brittany and Bobby

• Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    BUMP