Options

Tonight's (6/19) London show POSTPONED -Ed lost voice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    pdalowsky said:
    I cant help but think this is being over dramatised. 

From being up close and personal at the show, it looked like a rough virus has set in. He was under the weather, and seemed to have that horrible onset of a nasty cold/flu. We've all been there where our bodies are sore, the throat is killing, and our head feels heavy. He actually performed night 1 amazingly, and in all honesty I dont think i would have noticed anything from his singing - it was more noticeable watching him away from the mic or when talking. 

But talk of long term vocal chord damage and his voice being shot - seems extremely over the top at this stage

I agree, he was blowing his nose, he just looked a bit ill. I thought he put on a great show for AMS 1. He's bound to seek advice from the docs, on how best to recover his voice.  
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    vant0037 said:
    Might be worth finding out if anyone who got to drink out of the wine bottle he was sharing also got sick.
    Nice one!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    rummy said:
    vant0037 said:
    Might be worth finding out if anyone who got to drink out of the wine bottle he was sharing also got sick.
    Nice one!
    They might want to get checked for herpes and hepatitis while they're at it, lol. You never know what's going on with those other fans you're sharing that bottle with. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    I thought the show was amazing. Yea his voice wasn't at its best but we all new that.. Gutted that the second show was cancelled but I feel it's for the best I just hope i can make the new date 
    I met a bloke from Toronto who had just got there and gave him some beers and another from Brazil and it's them I feel sorry for..
    My son and friends travelled up and ended up watching the tribute band and said they were amazing ....
    Let's hope he's better soon and that all this talk about his voice being fucked for good is all rubbish. Peace. 
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,010
    pdalowsky said:
    I just want to say that to be upset and disappointed is a completely normal, human reaction among the fans who travelled to London. I also think that this might be very hard for Eddie himself as he always tries to do his best and give 100 %. If there will be a new show in London, I’m sure this will be a great one. I travelled here from Sweden and I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it next time. I hope Eddie will revover quickly. Most of us get sick sometimes and it sucks even more for singers. This is a sad situation for both band and London travellers, but I am sure it will be alright in the end. It got me thinking about when Eddie had food poisoning and sang until he passed out and had to go to the hospital. This is how dedicated he is. Much love to everyone affected by this unfortunate situation. 
    Thanks so much. I travelled all the way from South Africa only for the London shows. I will not be able to come back and don’t have a visa to travel anywhere else in Europe now. I am devastated but understand there is nothing the band could have done. 
    I was sad for you Mags, it is the people like yourself who got hit the hardest in this. The cost to come from SA isnt insignificant, but this is life mate. The band wouldnt have made this call lightly and I hope we will get that chat next time
    Thanks Paul. It was really a thrill listening to Eddie acknowledge and play your request. Monday night was special in its own right. 

Sure the costs of plans and travels are not insignificant but not seeing the band two nights in a row as planned is immensely significant for diehards...

All the best to Eddie and I hope the rest of the tour is unaffected. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,010

I just want to say that to be upset and disappointed is a completely normal, human reaction among the fans who travelled to London. I also think that this might be very hard for Eddie himself as he always tries to do his best and give 100 %. If there will be a new show in London, I’m sure this will be a great one. I travelled here from Sweden and I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it next time. I hope Eddie will revover quickly. Most of us get sick sometimes and it sucks even more for singers. This is a sad situation for both band and London travellers, but I am sure it will be alright in the end. It got me thinking about when Eddie had food poisoning and sang until he passed out and had to go to the hospital. This is how dedicated he is. Much love to everyone affected by this unfortunate situation. 
    Thanks so much. I travelled all the way from South Africa only for the London shows. I will not be able to come back and don’t have a visa to travel anywhere else in Europe now. I am devastated but understand there is nothing the band could have done. 
    I’m very sorry to hear that! I feel the same. Very sad but I understand the situation. At least we all have this great music and maybe there are pleasant surprises in the future, who knows. Have a good journey back home!
    I’m very sorry to hear that! I feel the same. Very sad but I understand the situation. At least we all have this great music and maybe there are pleasant surprises in the future, who knows. Have a good journey back home!
    Thanks Wishlisa! Much appreciated. 
    rustedsigns