Options

Adam Carolla Talking About Meeting EV at the Ocsars

On today's Adam Carolla podcast he talks about meeting Ed at the Oscars rehearsal.  It starts around the 32:23 mark of part one if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Options
    Quinn427Quinn427 Posts: 60
    Update 33:23
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    1. What was Adam Carolla doing at the Oscars?
    2. Summarize please. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    1. What was Adam Carolla doing at the Oscars?

Probably talking to Jimmy Kimmel about reviving the Man Show.
  • Options
    bb4packersbb4packers Posts: 174
    Thanks for the heads up - used to listen to the show everyday when I had a long commute.   Adam helps write - he and Jimmy are still good friends.  Quick summary is Adam's son is a big PJ fan and Ed and Adam had a brief conversation despite Adam being a little hesitant to approach Ed.  Ed was apparently very nice and he gave Adam some picks for his son.  
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Even at the Oscars, dude has guitar picks with him! The Pick Obsessives (including me) will no doubt want to know if there's a special "Oscars Edition" guitar pick :D 
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    I guess he had the picks because he performed that night, BUT I'd rather believe that he carries around a bunch of guitar picks like grandpa with a pocketful of quarters for the grandkids, or grandma's purse full of ribbon candy. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    I guess he had the picks because he performed that night, BUT I'd rather believe that he carries around a bunch of guitar picks like grandpa with a pocketful of quarters for the grandkids, or grandma's purse full of ribbon candy. 
    I think that is actually true, from everything I've observed. He always seems to have some to give away whenever someone has a chance encounter with him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I think it is kindof sweet that he threw some in the pocket of his suit to take to an event like the Oscars. Just in case someone looked like they needed a guitar pick.

• Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think that is actually true, from everything I've observed. He always seems to have some to give away whenever someone has a chance encounter with him.
    Haha. Well, that's awesome.