Options

Morbid Question

Roswellite14Roswellite14 Roswell, New Mexico Posts: 30
I was lucky enough to get tix through 10 Club for Chicago #1 and my friend got Chicago #2. We plan on going to both shows together. Unfortunately, I recently had a THIRD heart attack and now I'm worried about what happens to my tix if I have another heart attack and die? I certainly don't want my tix to go to waste. I'd like my friend to have them as my Parting Gift IF I end up going. How would I go about making sure this happens? Any ideas? Maybe an admin can answer.

Surviving your third heart attack certainly makes you much more aware of your mortality.

Comments

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    The tickets die with you. Rest easy homie. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited February 2018
    First, I'm glad to hear you survived your third attack.  I have heart problems on both sides of my family so it's most likely inevitable for me at some point.  I actually had a stroke a few months ago myself and thankfully I recovered fullly and had no long-term deficits from it.  I completely understand your concern as these things always put you at a greater risk for having more down the road.

I would send an email to the Ten Club and ask your question.  You may have a better chance at getting a response that way, plus you'll have the details in writing.

But here's to hopefully a healthy year and that you'll be rocking out at Wrigley with your friend & not have to worry about precautions!
  • Options
    Thanx for the advice.
  • Options
    Best Solution: Don't die....please.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Crazy to think that you are facing serious health issues and discussing the possibility of death...and one of your main concerns is what happens with your 10c tickets.   Love the dedication and loyalty!

All joking aside, I hope are well enough and not dead by the time August rolls around so that you are able to enjoy the fuck out of those shows.   
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    My old man just had several heart attacks and ended getting quadruple bypass surgery.  He’s doing well considering the circumstances.  Please consider an operation, modern science and medicine has come a really long way.

wishing you the best!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    +1  

You will be going to the shows and you will enjoy them!
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    +1  

+2
    I'm a believer in putting out the outcome that you want and focusing on it.

But I also understand being a realist and wanting to plan for things that could happen.  So I definitely also echo the advice to write the 10Club, offer to send them medical documentation of your recent health situation, and ask them if it's possible to make a Plan B for your tickets if anything happens.

Once you've got an answer and taken any steps they recommend, put that whole possibility aside and focus on LIVING and the fact that you WILL see those concerts, cuz you will!

Wishing you the best!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Make sure your friend has access to your phone.
    Best wishes on a speedy recovery and that you can sort out the problems.  Scary stuff. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Crazy to think that you are facing serious health issues and discussing the possibility of death...and one of your main concerns is what happens with your 10c tickets.   Love the dedication and loyalty!

All joking aside, I hope are well enough and not dead by the time August rolls around so that you are able to enjoy the fuck out of those shows.   
    Luckily my cardiologist has me on a plan that should keep me alive at least through August and hopefully much longer. Just bought Metallica tix for March 2, 2019.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    +1  

+2
    I'm a believer in putting out the outcome that you want and focusing on it.

But I also understand being a realist and wanting to plan for things that could happen.  So I definitely also echo the advice to write the 10Club, offer to send them medical documentation of your recent health situation, and ask them if it's possible to make a Plan B for your tickets if anything happens.

Once you've got an answer and taken any steps they recommend, put that whole possibility aside and focus on LIVING and the fact that you WILL see those concerts, cuz you will!

Wishing you the best!
    Done. Waiting for an answer.

• Options
    Best wishes on a speedy recovery and that you can sort out the problems.  Scary stuff. 
    I'd hate for her to have to pay my phone bill until August.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    My old man just had several heart attacks and ended getting quadruple bypass surgery.  He’s doing well considering the circumstances.  Please consider an operation, modern science and medicine has come a really long way.

wishing you the best!!
    Agreed - of course the OP should do what's right, but I know several people (friends' dads) who had bypass surgeries after a heart attack or 3, and every last one of them were like brand new men..... Oddly, even though it's one of the leading causes of death for women too, I've never known a woman who had the same kind of surgery.

Anyway, OP, I hope you survive far beyond August!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited March 2018
    I'd hate for her to have to pay my phone bill until August.
    Your tickets will not be tied to your specific phone. Not that this will be an issue since you are going to be there yourself! I thought you should know though they are mobile tickets but they are not tied to your specific phone/phone number. 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    We all hope that you will be doing great through August and beyond to enjoy the shows.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Thanx for all the well wishes. I plan on being here for a long time but, ya never know.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Take care OP....Scary stuff. Stress is something I'm trying harder to deal with. Enjoy the shows.
    Heard Kevin Smith had a massive heart attack this week too
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Leave your cell phone and ticketmaster log in to your friend in your will?

It sounds like they're going to use TM's mobile ticket service to distribute the digital tickets, so theoretically.. you could will him your phone and account login?

Hope you pull through though.    Mind over matter.  You will use those tickets :)