Options

Any chance Ed plays Jazz fest?

pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 323
My wife has a business trip in New Orleans at the end of April. She asked me if I wanted to come into town on Thursday and stay till Sunday. I said yes. Then i started to think maybe Eddie plays the Jazz festival Saturday night... Anyone know when they announce the lineup for this one. Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Already been announced
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 323
    Any chance Ed gets added?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    He was booked for Thursday night in 2011.  Had to cancel.  
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Ed's cancelled show was the 2nd Saturday in 2012, a headlining spot. He was replaced by Jimmy Buffett. I'm still a little disappointed but I got to see some acts I would've skipped during or waiting for Ed's set. (like Florence and the Machine)

Go go if you have the opportunity. There are tons of great bands outside of the headliners and incredible food. Tickets were cheap (like $40 per day I think) when I went (2010 and 2012) and you can get single day tickets. The fest ends early too so you have plenty of time to get out in the city. I had a great time both years I went.
  • Options
    I freaking wish
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    Needs to happen
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    My late sister used to go every year with my brother in law and the 2 girls (even when they were tots). I've never been, but I know that one of my nieces wanted to see Florence and the Machine one year and my sister made sure they got to that stage or area or whatever. 

They have something where you get filmed for a brief period of time and then it's online. It used to be cool to get their 'code' and check them out down in New Orleans. 2012 was the last year they went as my sister unexpectedly passed in 2013. I guess it's unexpected most of the time.

Anyway, they may still go, I'm not sure. But they loved the whole experience of Jazz Fest and being in New Orleans. I always got a can of Chicory coffee when they returned. 

Thanks for reminding me of that nice memory @Banjo & of course OP. :smile::heart: