Options

Any Roger Clyne & The Peacemaker fans here?

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited May 2008 in Other Music
(formally known as The Refreshments)

I really really enjoy their music. Wondering if any other existed on here?
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Have heard some stuff and liked. It just haven't went out and bought anything, but I'm planning on it. I totally dug The Refreshments.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have a buddy who is borderline obsessed. He just got back last week from his Mexico show. I guess he plays some joint south of Phoenix twice a year (where he owns a house..Rocky Point or something?). His music is decent enough just not something I flip over. He appears to have one hell of a fan base. IIRC he played 49 songs in his set. over 4 hours worth of music. I don't care who you are, you have to appreciate that.
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I am a fan of the Refreshments. I listen to Roger Clyne here-and-there, but not as much as the Refreshments. Probably just out of habit because I'd like to get up to date. Can you reccommend anything to me Roger Clyne-wise?

I really enjoy them a LOT. Fun songwriting. They were big in Phoenix when I loved down there in the early 90's. I saw a show with The Refreshments in around that time, and had a blast. I assume it would be pretty much the same now. Even moreso considering they've been making music that much longer.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I watched the Here's To Life documentary the other night, so it reminded me to remind all of you to check them out if you haven't.

Alice Cooper: "They are probably the best band nobody's ever heard of." 

Also, a small Midwest tour is coming in March. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Been a fan for over 20 years.  Try to catch them whenever they come to town.  Been to Mexico a few times for the shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.