Options

Padova travel tips

Hi
We are coming from the US to the Padova show in June. First time seeing PJ in Europe, so very excited !  We will probably be spending time in Venice and other surrounding cities but we are looking for suggestions for traveling to and from the show.  Do you need to drive to the stadium or is there a train etc ?  Also, is there anywhere decent to stay near the stadium ?
Thanks in advance for the suggestions ! 

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Google "how to get to euganeo stadium"....first result...

http://www.stadiumguide.com/euganeo/
  • Options
    Thanks, we already did that but were looking for advice from anyone that is local !
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Both Venice and Verona are a very short local (slow) train ride from Padova.  Verona is an awesome smaller town to spend a day in.  You’ll love it.  Venice...say no more.   Padova, I’m curious for the replies in this thread as well.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Looks like it's easier to get to by train than Trieste was... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 243
    I am planning to spend couple days in Venice and then have booked hotel in centre of Padova as there are some great places to see in Padova itself. If you are first timer to area I would probably spend it in Venice and maybe give yourself 1 day to see Padova especially Scrovegni Chapel with the Giotto murals - its a must do. Its really easy to get around by train through region. If you stay in Venice I would recommend staying on Lido - its cheaper than the main island and then only 10 mins by water bus to the sights. I am not a local but have travelled a lot in this area over the years - feel free to PM if you would like any further info 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959
    I would second spending time to visit Scrovegni Chapel, its an amazing thing to see. Make sure you book in advance (you can do this online) as tickets usually sell out before the day. 

Basilica of St Anthony is a must see as well. 

There's other areas to wander around but Padova isn't a tourist city like Venice or Verona, I think it's a nice contrast if you are spending time in either of those cities.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. So getting too the stadium by train from Padova should be easy? We are not sure if we need a car? Appreciate the advice !
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Micheyb21 said:
    I am planning to spend couple days in Venice and then have booked hotel in centre of Padova as there are some great places to see in Padova itself. If you are first timer to area I would probably spend it in Venice and maybe give yourself 1 day to see Padova especially Scrovegni Chapel with the Giotto murals - its a must do. Its really easy to get around by train through region. If you stay in Venice I would recommend staying on Lido - its cheaper than the main island and then only 10 mins by water bus to the sights. I am not a local but have travelled a lot in this area over the years - feel free to PM if you would like any further info 
    I'm doing this as well, spend a couple of days in Venice then head to Padova.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    Had a week in Padova in August. It is an amazing city to spend time and the trains to cities like venice, vicenza and verona are frequent, quick and cheap. As others have said the Scrovegni chapel is absolutely stunning. They say you have to book ahead but we just turned up and there was a free space. Transport in the city is good but you can walk most places easily and it is a lot of fun just having out in an Italian city that is not overly touristy. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions !  Looking forward to meeting some of you at the show !