Options

Books

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited September 2018 in All Encompassing Trip

Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• Options
    If it hadn't been for another caring individual getting involved and investing his spare time in it, the Zodiac killer would never had been caught and may have killed again. truly amazing.

The Zodiac Killer never was caught. Arthur Leigh Allen was the guy they suspected of being Zodiac, but they never had any hard evidence on him. In recent years they did some DNA testing and came to the conclusion it was not him.

On another note the film is excellent.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I saw this at the movies.....LOVED IT!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    good movie, but i wouldn't watch it again

i did catch the Gacy film last weekend. holy fucked up dude
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

Was that the B-rated Gacy film? Yeah, creepy shit.

This Zodiac film, is it the one with Mark Ruffalo?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Was that the B-rated Gacy film? Yeah, creepy shit.

it looked b rated. i'm not sure of the origins tho. that dude was fucked up.

i know they tore down his house, but it might be interesting to drive by and check out the area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited August 2015
    I just lent this movie to my co-worker. Director's cut. I watched it 3 days in a row.

If you like mystery/suspense(edit: and obviously crime) movies and haven't seen it, then check it out. Same director as the movie 'Seven.' (David Fincher.

Super-long - about 2.5 hours, but so worth it.
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Yeah, it's a pretty good movie. I am a big fan of Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo, so that helped.
    That Gacy movie... are we talking about "Dear Mr. Gacy"? That one was a Canadian film. I thought it was made for TV (because that what it seems like), but I'm not sure. It's not good. Or is there another Gacy movie that I don't know about?

I love movies about serial killers, but most of them suck for some reason. Which is weird, since every single real life serial killer story lends itself to a potentially great screenplay. Perhaps the best writers/directors/producers just don't want to go there out of sensitivity to the victims? I have to assume that's it, because I can't think of another reason why there are relatively so few crime/thriller non-made-for-TV movies about the most infamous cases.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, it's a pretty good movie. I am a big fan of Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo, so that helped.
    That Gacy movie... are we talking about "Dear Mr. Gacy"? That one was a Canadian film. I thought it was made for TV (because that what it seems like), but I'm not sure. It's not good. Or is there another Gacy movie that I don't know about?

I love movies about serial killers, but most of them suck for some reason. Which is weird, since every single real life serial killer story lends itself to a potentially great screenplay. Perhaps the best writers/directors/producers just don't want to go there out of sensitivity to the victims? I have to assume that's it, because I can't think of another reason why there are relatively so few crime/thriller non-made-for-TV movies about the most infamous cases.

Yeah, I don't think there's ever been 1 good movie about Jack the Ripper, although there have been several attempts.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

• Options

wow...was very suprised to see this thread on here from 2009. I remember Zodiac. It would have been so much nicer if, after all this time, the real guy was found and the mystery was solved. I just watched Changeling for the first time about a week ago--with Angelina Jolie--great movie--based on a true story....I think I cried throughout the whole thing.

If they solved Zodiac then there's no more mystery and then it loses something. Then again, it would be interesting to learn about the real killer. Plus the survivors and grieving families would at least have some closure.

Changeling was a pretty good film. I remember liking it at the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited August 2015

PJ_Soul said:

What is Dear Mr. Gacy about? I'll prob never see it just curious. I can only handle so many movies based on real psycho evil killers--its too disturbing--too disturbing to know that such evil exists in the world.

It's about a student who decides to starts communicating with Gacy in prison for a school project, and Gacy starts fucking with his head through mail and on the phone from prison. I can't recall if it's in any way based on real life.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    I enjoyed it, not as much as my friends. I should rewatch this again soon I suppose.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Took me a few repeated viewings on The Movie Channel after it came out for Gyllenhaal's performance to grow on me. Thought he was miscast at first when I saw it in theaters.
  • Options
    edited June 2018