Options

Do you think Pearl Jam is aware...

bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
...that they have played at least one show every year they've been a band, and if so, will they try and sneak in at least one show to keep the streak alive?  =)

Comments

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Technically it looks like the RRHOF is being counted as a show. Not to mention the rumor of PJ to headline Lollapalooza.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    I think they are aware but also think they look at the RRHOF as a show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ^^^I don't consider RRHOF a show, but I guess maybe some do.  PJ to headline Lolla? In 2017? It's like a week away...
  • Options
    Oh sorry, rumor is for 2018.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^^^I don't consider RRHOF a show, but I guess maybe some do.  PJ to headline Lolla? In 2017? It's like a week away...

I don't either really. But they might.

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,645

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    Oh sorry, rumor is for 2018.
    Gotcha. Something to look forward to.  It would be cool if something popped up in 2017 to keep the streak going. We know 2018 is shaping up to be big, but a one off show or two in 2017 would be welcomed by many in sure. 
  • Options

Looks like the band is counting it.
  • Options
    Well there you have it. I don't see that as a show but my vote doesn't count. 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited July 2017
    Ray J. T. said:

I kind of look at the RRHOF Induction Ceremony as a festival appearance...
    With all of the speeches and the performance,
    PJ was onstage for around an hour and they closed out the night!
    The whole show was over 6 hours long and had some big name performers too.

Not a real PJ show...but still a "show" :rock_on:

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    If it wasn't going to happen this year, it would have been soon anyway. They definitely feel like a band that is winding down a bit.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Raise your hand if you've seen the original Pearl Jam lineup perform ljve? Probably not too many hands raised right now.   But if you were at the RRHOF show you did.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Raise your hand if you've seen the original Pearl Jam lineup perform ljve? Probably not too many hands raised right now.   But if you were at the RRHOF show you did.  =)
    Well technically, Pearl Jam starts with the momma-son trilogy, as it's the first known recording of the band, of which Matt Cameron drummed on.  So yes if you were at the RROH you saw that, but most of us have seen that too :)

I still think it's cool how that came full circle :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Well technically, Pearl Jam starts with the momma-son trilogy, as it's the first known recording of the band, of which Matt Cameron drummed on.  So yes if you were at the RROH you saw that, but most of us have seen that too :)

I'd be willing to buy that if you could point me to any credible source that lists anyone but Dave Krusen as the first drummer.  I get that Matt was the drummer on the demo but he was not a member of the band until 98.  No need to hate just because people in Brooklyn that night got a nice treat... there's plenty of PJ greatness to go around for all of us.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Because of this I have always considered Matt Cameron to be the original drummer of the band. But isn't this technically demos done before the band was completely put together? I think this topic makes for an interesting conversation and debate.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Because of this I have always considered Matt Cameron to be the original drummer of the band. But isn't this technically demos done before the band was completely put together? I think this topic makes for an interesting conversation and debate.
    The whole reason Dave Krusen is in the HOF is because he was the original drummer.  If history considered him the second drummer he would have been home on the couch next to Dave A.  

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

The whole reason Dave Krusen is in the HOF is because he was the original drummer.  If history considered him the second drummer he would have been home on the couch next to Dave A.  
    Lol... I don't think any of us can take the RRoH decisions seriously.  They're generally inconsistent.    Dave K. got in because he drummed on the first album that made Pearl Jam big.  

I like the full circle aspect of Matt being technically the first and current drummer of the band.   Even if he wasn't in the room with Ed when it was recorded.  He did record it with the rest of the band, and Eddie did put his lyrics on it, so it is Matt drumming on the original Pearl Jam demo.   I can still see the argument that it doesn't count, but I like to lean the other way :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Lol... I don't think any of us can take the RRoH decisions seriously.  They're generally inconsistent.    Dave K. got in because he drummed on the first album that made Pearl Jam big.  

I like the full circle aspect of Matt being technically the first and current drummer of the band.   Even if he wasn't in the room with Ed when it was recorded.  He did record it with the rest of the band, and Eddie did put his lyrics on it, so it is Matt drumming on the original Pearl Jam demo.   I can still see the argument that it doesn't count, but I like to lean the other way :)
    Not sure that your theory is factually correct since Chris Friel from Shadow also drummed on those demos. 

Also... someone here might have a better recollection, but at the time when Matt joined the band in 1998 he wasn't even made a full "legal" member of the band.  I believe they were paying him separate from the band's deal for touring purposes - sort of like what they do with Boom.  I remember there was a lot of online push from the fans to make him a full time member.  
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Slow news day on the Porch guys?! :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Are you hoping for a pssst? :lol
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Are you hoping for a pssst? :lol
    That noise has been absent for years now. Or wait, no, that was a 'tweet' from the little forum birdie back in the day. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I do like that 10c has been posting more about what the dudes are up to lately - its the stuff in-between that would be great to hear about. I don't want poor Demitrios to have to keep posting rips of internet radio - having to scan to the part where someone mentions something of substance. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I would love a psssst right now!

• Options
    "Psst...see you on the East Coast in the spring, you in Europe in the summer, and you on the West Coast in the fall."

A guy can dream. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Someone psssst on my leg.
    I went to the RRHOF specifically because I suspected it might be their only show this year.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    Not sure Matt is up to doin any shows this year...
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Not sure that your theory is factually correct since Chris Friel from Shadow also drummed on those demos. 

Also... someone here might have a better recollection, but at the time when Matt joined the band in 1998 he wasn't even made a full "legal" member of the band.  I believe they were paying him separate from the band's deal for touring purposes - sort of like what they do with Boom.  I remember there was a lot of online push from the fans to make him a full time member.  
    I didn't actually know that, so i would say it made me factually incomplete :)   Chris Friel obviously doesn't get the credit he deserves :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    derbydave said:
    Ray J. T. said:

I didn't actually know that, so i would say it made me factually incomplete :)   Chris Friel obviously doesn't get the credit he deserves :(
    Well... it's definitely a better story if Matt was the only guy who did the drumming.  Not as romantic a tale when you factor Friel into the mix.