Options

What radio stations do you listen too?

BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,472
i have the Sonos speakers in my house and enjoy listening to radio stations still. So I'm curious to see what you all listen too as I'm looking for some new stations to listen too as well.
like listening to alternative rock and classic rock mostly, don't mind new rock stuff or soemthing with an edge to it anyways. Great morning shows or drive home shows  are always great. I get the stations thru Tune In, 
so what stations do you recommend I give a listen too?
2005 - London
2009 - Toronto
2010 - Buffalo
2011 - Toronto 1&2
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
2018 - Fenway 1&2
2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
2023 - Chicago 1&2

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Interesting, I just two minutes ago wrote this on another forum:

"For me great radio ended a long time ago, around the time in the early 70's when KSAN-FM went from being a fantastic community, independent, and very hip "underground" station to becoming a commercial country station. I used to stay up late and listen to the Abe "Voco" Kesh show that started at midnight and always opened with Harvey Mandel's "Light's Out". So cool!

I could go on but somewhere in the back of my head I will hear my wife saying, "Brian, you're sounding like an old man again." OH? OH NO!"

So yeah, sadly I no longer listen to radio. In all honestly, part of the problem is where I live.  Decades ago the big powerful station would reach the foothills where I now live.  No longer and I don't/can't/won't stream.   I hope some of you are finding good stuff on the airwaves out there.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I rarely listen to regular radio anymore since I have Sirius, but when I do it's always 93.1 WXRT in Chicago.  Classic rock and new stuff....they play all sorts of stuff.  Awesome radio station.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Radio Nova (in Ireland but also available online of course)
  • Options
    Cool thanks guys, I still like radio. If I don't listen to radio I'll never hear new stuff lol. I don't have Sirius 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    I listen to The Zone and The Q whilst driving.  Both are rock, first is modern/alternative, the second is classic.  Usually not overwhelmed with ads.

www.thezone.fm and www.theq.fm

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    I rarely listen to regular radio anymore since I have Sirius, but when I do it's always 93.1 WXRT in Chicago.  Classic rock and new stuff....they play all sorts of stuff.  Awesome radio station.
    ^^^^This
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I use Sirius, usually Lithium channel, when I'm in my truck. When I'm driving my wife's car, I listen to 99.7 out of Columbia for music and 107.5 for local sports talk radio. 99.7 is a pretty decent rock radio station and plays a good mix of old and new music.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    i listen to the same old rock station I grew up with.. KLOS (Los Angeles)  It is 955klos.com.  The morning show makes me laugh and they have some good segments on it..  Also.  Jonesy's Jukebox is AWESOME .. comes on at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    and Mikey supposed to be on Jonesy TODAY.. so tune in
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    I use Sirius, usually Lithium channel, when I'm in my truck. When I'm driving my wife's car, I listen to 99.7 out of Columbia for music and 107.5 for local sports talk radio. 99.7 is a pretty decent rock radio station and plays a good mix of old and new music.
    I just found 99.7 about a month ago. In general I like it but they need a bigger playlist. I hear the same songs over and over and I'm not even in my car all that much. I'd like 99.3 a lot better if the signal was stronger and if they'd stop playing artists like John Mayer and Adele.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited July 2017
    I like news/talk radio sometimes. Good way to get deeper insights into local issues - Vancouver's best news/talk station is CKNW. I don't listen to music on the radio anymore. I just use Spotify. There is a small part of me that feels like I ought to listen to local radio stations just to help keep the industry afloat... but fuck that, because they don't bother to make radio good anymore as far as the music goes. It's just the same songs played over and over, and no real substance. The main rock station in my area is CFOX, and for a rock station they are okay, but they still play repeats way too much and almost never play any deep cuts or anything, and mostly just pump out mass consumer stuff, so screw them. They deserve to fail if they aren't willing to be creative and to actually contribute to the overall music scene by introducing more artists and informing the public about all the music that isn't mass marketed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I love radio. I listen to DC stations 

98.7 FM in morning with Bobby Bones Show and country music
    570 AM to hear Baltimore Orioles games
    94.7 FM pop music was my go to until 2015 when I started to listen more to country music
    90.9 is classical music if I need sound, but music with lyrics are distracting
    101.1 Alternative rock that I listen to sometimes 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Thanks again for some more stations. I guess I'm one of those people that is just getting old and radio is on the way out. Starting to sound like my parents lol. I still enjoy radio as, but as someone stated above, besides the repeats during the day, radio is still ok in my books.

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2