Options

Recurring dream

mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
I don't dream too often, but I do have one recurring dream. I have tickets to a Pearl Jam concert, I'm all excited for it, but something happens leading up to it and I miss the show. It's usually something stupid that I do, like mix up the date or sleep in or something. Last night I was at the venue, for some reason there were two stages, one indoor and one outdoor. The opening band played on the indoor stage and I got myself a great spot up front with a perfect view. It came time for the show and nobody seems to be there, I yell out "what's going on? where's the band?" and people look at me like I'm crazy. I realize that they were already playing on the other stage and I missed it. Nooo!! Then I wake up. What a nightmare. What do you think it means? Anyone have any dreams like this?

I actually had a second Pearl Jam dream last night, this one was really different. They were playing Wrigley, again, and there was a secret trap door in center field that nobody had ever been into and Eddie invited me down to see what was inside. There was all these pieces of baseball history, it was pretty cool, but they never actually played, oh well.

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,644
    I have reoccurring Pearl Jam dreams about once every month or two that have the same theme. It's usually a smaller outdoor venue that had a short notice prior to the show, like a day of surprise show. The crowd is small and sparse in most of them 80-100. A couple have been 1-2000. The stage is always pretty small and only elevated a foot or two, and I'm right up front. Almost all the time I wake up before they start playing, except for two. Once I woke up while they were into the first song. Another time Ed went into this horrible spoken-word poetry slam thing. That was the bands worst performance that no one else saw.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    You both have premature Evacuation.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    LOL, oftenreading!

Though not recurring, I've had a few dreams about hanging out with Vedder and jamming. One time it was Ed and Stone and me jamming and they were digging what I was coming up with. Damn, why can't I play that way when awake?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2017
    Recurring dreams usually signify a stressor that is present in the back of your brain. My guess is you are stressing internally over not having shows to attend. PJ is obviously a huge piece of your mental process, and so that stressor continues to appear in your subconscious need to process this lack of shows.

Just a generic interpretation?
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2017
    mattcoz said:

I don't dream too often, but I do have one recurring dream. I have tickets to a Pearl Jam concert, I'm all excited for it, but something happens leading up to it and I miss the show. It's usually something stupid that I do, like mix up the date or sleep in or something. Last night I was at the venue, for some reason there were two stages, one indoor and one outdoor. The opening band played on the indoor stage and I got myself a great spot up front with a perfect view. It came time for the show and nobody seems to be there, I yell out "what's going on? where's the band?" and people look at me like I'm crazy. I realize that they were already playing on the other stage and I missed it. Nooo!! Then I wake up. What a nightmare. What do you think it means? Anyone have any dreams like this?

I had the exact same dream a few months back. Two stages, opening band indoor, front row. Realized too late that PJ was outside. I was running through the building asking the few people I saw how to get to the PJ show and they all looked at me like I was talking in tongues. Missed the PJ show.
    I shit you not! That's kinda eerie.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on