Options

The Cubs, Theo Epstein and PJ

2014: Moline, IL
2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
2019: EV Tempe, AZ
2020: PPD
2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2

Comments

• Options
    The guy has a passion for what he does. That's what everyone should have. Very hard to attain.
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Awesome article
  • Options
    I hope the Cubs win it all this season. And I'm a diehard St. Louis fan. Just rip it off like a band aid. It's gonna happen, let's just get it over with. Then Cubs fans can get it out of their system, see it's no big deal in the grand scheme of the universe to win a World Series (or 11) and maybe...just maybe we won't ever have to hear All The Way again.
  • Options

to win a World Series (or 11)

Gosh, you Cards fans are the worst.
  • Options
    Oh no one despises Cardinals fans as much as I. The whole Best Fans in Baseball garbage makes me puke.
    The reason I put "or 11" is because I'm always told, "you can say that winning a WS isn't a big deal, you've won recently" by Cubs fan friends. It wasn't a brag. I could give a shit, honestly.
    I'd trade every fucking WS for one Stanley Cup.
  • Options
    camel1206camel1206 Chicago Posts: 65
    It really is a great article and if a song has to be retired, let's get rid of Go Cubs Go.
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

I hope the Cubs win it all this season. And I'm a diehard St. Louis fan. Just rip it off like a band aid. It's gonna happen, let's just get it over with. Then Cubs fans can get it out of their system, see it's no big deal in the grand scheme of the universe to win a World Series (or 11) and maybe...just maybe we won't ever have to hear All The Way again.

All I want is one. No need for two or three, no need for back-to-back, no need for a dynasty. This t-shirt sums it up best:
  • Options
    I'm pulling for the Cubs, big time! Born a Red Sox fan, I want Cubs fans to finally get one.

Anyone know if there is evidence of EV's influence over Theo to move to the Cubs? The article linked above references how he needed to get out of Boston, but I am wondering if the voice of EV was there, quietly but consistently suggesting that he consider the Cubs?

I'll probably never know but I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Great article.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,847
    There's a good article on Theo Epstein, "The Rainmaker", in the 12/19 issue of Sports Illustrated. The writer bookends the feature by talking about his friendship w/ Ed. Take the time to read it; not only does it have informative PJ references it explores what a solid person Theo is.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/12/14/theo-epstein-chicago-cubs-world-series-rainmaker
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,970
    Nice piece. Really happy he's in Chicago.

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Nice article. Thanks for posting