Options

Wrigley Permitted / Prohibited Items at concerts?

Wrigley Field has some boilerplate rules for baseball games. How zealous is security here for concerts? How many factory-sealed water bottles? Camera equipment? Poster tubes? I haven't seen anything specific to this or other concerts posted.
PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST FOR CUBS GAMES
The following items are prohibited at Wrigley Field during Cubs games: Alcohol, bags larger than 16 x 16 x 8 inches, brooms, containers (cans, glass, hard-sided coolers, thermoses or flasks), illegal drugs, inflatables, laser pointers, luggage or car seats, nets, noise makers, non-factory sealed plastic bottles, unmanned aerial vehicles, weapons of any kind and any other item deemed inappropriate by ballpark operations personnel. Please note the list of prohibited items may be different for other Wrigley Field events including concerts. Please contact Cubs Fan Services at 773-388-8270 with questions regarding other Wrigley Field events. Please note whether certain items such as umbrellas are permitted into Wrigley Field during a concert is at the discretion of the artist.

PERMITTED ITEMS LIST FOR CUBS GAMES
The following items are permitted at Wrigley Field during Cubs games: Bags, purses, fanny packs and backpacks smaller than 16 x 16 x 8 inches, soft-sided coolers, wheelchairs and small umbrella strollers. Fans with bags and containers will be directed to designated lanes where security personnel will search these items, as in previous years. "Express" lanes will be available for guests not carrying a bag or container. Please note the list of permitted items may be different for other Wrigley Field events including concerts. Please contact Cubs Fan Services at 773-388-8270 with questions regarding other Wrigley Field events. Please note whether certain items such as umbrellas are permitted into Wrigley Field during a concert is at the discretion of the artist.

Comments

• Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    I was about to make a thread about this!!

I plan on bringing one big unopen plastic bottle of water and just refilling it.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    Tubes probably okay since they'll be for sale inside the stadium. Point and shoot cameras tend to be safe - no GoPros or detachable lens cameras.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    So as long as the camera has a fixed lens it's ok, right?
  • Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    I like to bring in a small mirrorless camera that has a detachable lens. How zealous is security here? Some shows they are sticklers, others they barely care. I think all baseball stadiums are now using the metal detectors as mandated by MLB.

Anyone have recent experience at Wrigley?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I'm planning on bringing a small backpack with some supplies: rain gear, bottled water, phone charger.

That's permitted, yes?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I called the folks at Wrigley Field yesterday. They recommended calling about bags on Friday as they didn't have a final say yet. The person I spoke with said it will probably only be small purses and such allowed; NOT the small backpacks that are typically allowed for Cubs games. Wouldn't hurt to confirm with the venue tomorrow. They said point and shoot cameras are good; nothing with detachable lenses. And no umbrellas.

They do have metal detectors in place these days so it will be much harder to get things in that might have gone overlooked in the past (like SLRs and such).
  • Options
    In know the NFL stadiums are requiring new "clear bag" policy compliant bags. We usually carry a small backpack that will at minimum have a couple raincoats, waterbottles etc. Do they allow food? I don't know how they can keep out small backpacks if people need them to hold all this merchandise that everyone is buying. Maybe the only bag permitted will be the new pj duffel bag?

It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask for information regarding requirements to enter the actual concert. Judging by this bulletin board at least, a lot more thought has been put into providing beta on lining up for and purchasing merchandise.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    I normally only bring a jacket, glasses, phone charger. I've been using one of those portable nylon grocery bags. Then if bags are prohibited, you can just fold up the bag and jam it in your pocket and then refill it w/ your belongings beyond security.
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Maybe small dry bag for Saturday???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I heard lightning is prohibited.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

I heard lightning is prohibitive

Corrected. But hopefully not... :prayer:

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    When I went to see Foo Fighters last year, they wouldn't let me bring in my sealed water bottle. Just a heads up.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 188
    are you sure about no GoPro camera's?
  • Options
    No umbrellas? After '13? Really?
  • Options
    DM153486DM153486 Milwaukee Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Just called Wrigley - Small backpacks are allowed. Rain jackets are allowed. No umbrellas or bottled water allowed.
    Post edited by DM153486 on
  • Options
    Emerald772Emerald772 Chicago, IL Posts: 62
    edited August 2016
    That's a little annoying about no sealed water bottles
    Please contact Cubs Fan Services at 773-388-8270 with questions regarding other Wrigley Field events.
    http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=security
    Post edited by Emerald772 on
    08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field, 08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field, 10-20-14 Bradley Center, 07-22-13 Wrigley Field, 09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley PJ20, 06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo, 08-23/24-09 United Center, 08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater EV solo, 08-04-07 Grant Park, 08-02-07 The Vic, 05-16/17-06 UC, 09-19-05 Air Canada Centre, 10-05-04 Fox Theatre VfC, 06-18-03 UC, 04-23-03 Assembly Hall, 09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion, 06-26-98 Alpine Valley, 07-11-95 Soldier Field
  • Options

No umbrellas? After '13? Really?

Yes, I can see how they would block everyone's view. It's a good policy. Wear a rain jacket if you are concerned.
  • Options
    Most outdoor venues I've been to don't allow umbrellas. Bring a poncho!
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

Most outdoor venues I've been to don't allow umbrellas. Bring a poncho!

Fuck that. It's not gonna rain. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up about the water bottles. I'll bring a couple of collapsible ones to fill inside.
  • Options
    on_board said:

Thanks for the heads up about the water bottles. I'll bring a couple of collapsible ones to fill inside.

They have those?! How far we've come...
  • Options
    They didn't allow point and shoot cameras last night. Not bulky pro DSLRs with detachable lenses, but the small handheld ones. Never been a problem before. Did the policy change??
    I might be able to get to an E-bow.
  • Options
    slagers7slagers7 Posts: 13
    Can a backpack be checked in at the GA entrance? Anybody know?
    Portland 98
    Seattle 00
    Seattle 02
    Vancouver 05
    Gorge 06
    EV Vancouver 08
    Seattle 09
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 65

They didn't allow point and shoot cameras last night. Not bulky pro DSLRs with detachable lenses, but the small handheld ones. Never been a problem before. Did the policy change??

I was able to get my camera in just fine, i put it in the next to the metal detectors and they had no problem with it. I'd suggest if security gives you a hard time about it walk away and try and enter in another spot.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    slagers7 said:

Can a backpack be checked in at the GA entrance? Anybody know?

Yes, I got mine checked on saturday