Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Came in this morning to a pile of keys and a note from Rudy, the sup that makes me want to scream....saying he didn't have time to hang the keys...it took me 10 minutes to separate and hang ALL the keys, that was his pile and my own pile from drivers getting back this morning...it was like seriously, in the time it took you to write the note you could have hung your keys....he's just a lazy ass!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    when it's my day off, that means I don't want to talk to you...I don't want to talk about work, or your life, or my life...I want my day off to be about me.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I'm charging you time for this call since you are talking about work and you said "this will be really quick" and it's been half an hour.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RKCNDY said:

I'm charging you time for this call since you are talking about work and you said "this will be really quick" and it's been half an hour.

do what I used to do when I worked shift and would sometimes be called in........don't answer the phone.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Back when we still had a landline at home, a chick I used to work with (she had no idea that leap year existed, so that'll give you some semblance of her mindset/capabilities) called me four times after hours over some silly shit that could've waited. First time, OK. I get it. Fourth time, I bordered on rudeness. It's 6:30pm, for fuck's sake! Figure it out yourself or wait till tomorrow.

Ironic how we're now in a time when people are tethered to their phones, and it's so much easier to "miss" calls or blow them off altogether.

Phone was charging, was in the other room, no connection, etc.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

do what I used to do when I worked shift and would sometimes be called in........don't answer the phone.

I tried that, she called like 6 times in one day "will you please call me back? I'm worried about you, I haven't heard from you since Friday..." It was Monday.

I've already told her I cannot stand talking on the phone, text is better. She texts, then I reply (at least half an hour later) then she calls. :anguished:

See? She just called in the middle of me posting...I can't even pee in peace.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I tried that, she called like 6 times in one day "will you please call me back? I'm worried about you, I haven't heard from you since Friday..." It was Monday.

I've already told her I cannot stand talking on the phone, text is better. She texts, then I reply (at least half an hour later) then she calls. :anguished:

:anguished: is right.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

And we now know that RKCNDY posts on the boards while peeing. :lol::tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There's that asshole who drums along to 10 Club Radio on his desk. What an annoying d--

Oh, wait. That's me.

:blush:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

And we now know that RKCNDY posts on the boards while peeing. :lol::tongue:
    i generally assume everyone on here is sitting on a toilet while they are posting. It would explain a lot of things.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    what about having escaping gas while in one's cubical? can we hear some good passing of the gas stories?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ...at least I don't talk on the phone whilst peeing.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

So is this your boss, a coworker, a client, or what? I can't fathom why she feels she has the right to call you on your day off and natter about minor things, while also saying she's "worried" if she doesn't hear from you.

If you're not in some way obligated to answer her calls (for instance, you're contracted to provide some on-call hours, or some such), then just don't answer and don't respond to texts. No reply, ever. That's it. She'll eventually stop calling if you never respond, but if you respond even once after 20 calls she just learns she needs to call 20 times to get you to answer.

I've nipped all of these similar situations in the bud right away. Then again, I'm not generally considered a very nice person :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^this is my boss...she's...uh, ummmmm....'eccentric' to put it nicely.

Quick phone calls I can deal with, but it's like when she calls, she has no idea what she wants to say and fills up time with mindless yapping while trying to figure out what she wants to say...all while eating...with her mouth open.

Everything she calls about can be said in a text. I need to really make sure she understands this.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    RKCNDY said:

^^^this is my boss...she's...uh, ummmmm....'eccentric' to put it nicely.

Quick phone calls I can deal with, but it's like when she calls, she has no idea what she wants to say and fills up time with mindless yapping while trying to figure out what she wants to say...all while eating...with her mouth open.

Everything she calls about can be said in a text. I need to really make sure she understands this.

Okay, boss makes it a little more dicey. I'm guessing you want to stay employed. Maybe only respond to any issue by text. If she phones, let it go to message and then text back your answer, if it deserves an answer. When she tries to phone back, don't answer.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    a girl in our alberta office....constantly calls me to apparently ask me a question.....she is NEVER prepared with what she wants to ask. it's like she looks at a piece of paper, decides "oh HFD will know what this is!", she calls me, mumbles the entire time like she's talking to herself trying to figure out what the effing problem even is, all the while saying "hold on just a sec, I've got it here somewhere". Today, like many times, it's "oh nevermind, I figured it out! sorry". other times I sit and wait for her to mumble her way through the problem until she finally asks me. jesus. be prepared before you call someone! doesn't she know I'm in the middle of posting in AMT????
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Your end comment made me =)

Lately I've had a couple people dropping the ball and expecting me to fix it.

NO. I'm not boarding that train, lest they get complacent and think, "oh, she'll take care of it".

If I can catch errors, so can they. Dammit.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    dankind said:

There's that asshole who drums along to 10 Club Radio on his desk. What an annoying d--

Oh, wait. That's me.

I caught myself do that today :lol:

2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The laziness extruded by damn near everyone in my office on a daily basis just blows my fucking mind.
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

dankind said:

Oh, wait. That's me.

I caught myself do that today :lol:

if only 10 club radio wasn't x-ed out on my screen. I'd love to be able to tune in every day.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I know what my co-worker is eating for dinner everyday by 10am. Her cell is on and loudly rings...she talks to her husband about 6 times a day....more if she wants to change whats for dinner (I mean talk at fucking HOME). She is constantly on personal calls..talking about nothing! She's been there for 28 years and me 11 so I feel funny saying anything to her, I did tell her the ring is really loud and I swear she made it louder the next day. I also told her I can hear all her personal shit but evidently she doesn't care.. Fucking annoying....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Same person also puts vacation time in the calendar then takes partial time off...or comes to work and says she didn't have anything to do, or the weather was crappy so she decided to come to work. Then the phone calls start and she complains she's at work instead of taking her time off. Happens 3 out of her 4 vacation weeks I swear. I complained to my boss after I wanted to take time off but couldn't b/c she already had vaca time in the book, then she came in the two days I wanted off. I missed a wedding b/c of it and I was pissed. My boss sent her home last time, saying everyone needs to take their vaca...she was livid...lol...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    RKCNDY said:

when it's my day off, that means I don't want to talk to you...I don't want to talk about work, or your life, or my life...I want my day off to be about me.

tell the truth.....you want everyday to be about you.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    Not hitting reply all and losing cc's!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    edited October 2015
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

tell the truth.....you want everyday to be about you.
    :no_mouth:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Conversely, when someone hits reply-all then EEEEEEEEVERYONE hits fuckin reply-all afterwards. And I don't mean important messages where all parties involved need to know. I'm talking about shit like "what do you want to order for lunch?" emails.
  • Options

Conversely, when someone hits reply-all then EEEEEEEEVERYONE hits fuckin reply-all afterwards. And I don't mean important messages where all parties involved need to know. I'm talking about shit like "what do you want to order for lunch?" emails.
    My dad told a story about the company he used to work at.........someone sent a personal email to a colleague, but accidentally sent it to the entire organization (thousands of people over a few nations) then person after person after person after person REPLIED ALL telling them not to reply all. it went on half the day, until management sent a cease and desist email telling people to stop replying to the email.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512

My dad told a story about the company he used to work at.........someone sent a personal email to a colleague, but accidentally sent it to the entire organization (thousands of people over a few nations) then person after person after person after person REPLIED ALL telling them not to reply all. it went on half the day, until management sent a cease and desist email telling people to stop replying to the email.

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That happens more often than you think...it happened a few times when I worked at a corporate office. I swear they hired more on looks than on brains, one girl kept clicking 'reply all' and had an arguement with another guy about why she was clicking reply all.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

That happens more often than you think...it happened a few times when I worked at a corporate office. I swear they hired more on looks than on brains, one girl kept clicking 'reply all' and had an arguement with another guy about why she was clicking reply all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8r-TiLSVg
    chinese-happy.jpg