Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No. Why would we be giving up more to move back? Trade our next year's 1st and a few 2nd's for the 4th.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    We disagree on Winslow. I think he will be a very good player. Carried Duke at times. Not sure he was the 3rd option on that team. Not sure where you draft him though. I don't know the foreign guys or Mudiay. They should get a good player at least.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    JK_Livin said:

No. Why would we be giving up more to move back? Trade our next year's 1st and a few 2nd's for the 4th.

I meant trade 3 of next yrs 1st rd picks and change to get 4. We'd then have 3 and 4. They say if Okafor is gone then NYK are trading the pick. And us and Boston have the most to offer in terms f picks.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302

JK_Livin said:

I meant trade 3 of next yrs 1st rd picks and change to get 4. We'd then have 3 and 4. They say if Okafor is gone then NYK are trading the pick. And us and Boston have the most to offer in terms f picks.
    I'm all for using some of next year's picks to move back into the top 10. Hearing next year's class is not nearly as good as the last two...

I know the Magic like Porzingas. Maybe they trade down and take Mudiay then hop back in top 10 and get Winslow or somebody else.

Great thing about this is they have so much flexibility thanks to all their recent moves. It will definitely be an interesting night. Me and a few other guys are meeting up for it--gonna feel like an NFL Draft type of atmosphere. We're all hyped up about it Can't wait
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz--what do you want them to do on thursday....what do you think they will do?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    not sure what the sixers will do. I'm not familiar with Kristaps Porzingis at all, but doesn't seem like Russell wants to play here so who knows. :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437
    edited June 2015

cutz said:
    cutz--what do you want them to do on thursday....what do you think they will do?
    A friend and I were talking about this tonight. If both Towns & Okafor go 1 & 2 i want them to take Russell. But, what if the Lakers take Russell? or Porzingas?(i think Towns is a lock to go #1), do the Sixers take Okafor(especially if the Embiid situation is true with his foot problem). Can they work a trade with the Knicks who i would think WANT Okafor. Flip picks and get a future #1(though i think the Knicks do not have a #1 pick next year), and still get Russell or Porzingas? or whoever the hell they like.

What will they do? GREAT question. The Sixers could wind up doing ANYTHING. Take Russell? Okafor? Porzingas? Winslow? Trade the pick? Should be interesting what the Sixers will do, along with the rest of the draft?

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    i could see the Knicks swapping picks with the Sixers but even the Knicks aren't dumb enough to trade the 4th pick to the Sixers without getting the 3rd. that ain't happening. you couldn't possibly let a team in your own division get 2 of the top 5 picks in the same draft. they aren't that crazy

If Hinkie takes Porzingas over Russell and the Knicks end up with Russell it will be the dumbest draft day move the Sixers would make since they traded Brad Daugherty. it would haunt them for at least a decade.

If Russell is taken by the Lakers you probably have to take Okafor. Seems like Mudiay is falling a bit.
  • Options
    The Knicks have nothing to offer to move in this draft. They are depleted of picks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'd love to see them somehow come away with Russell and Winslow.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    pretty sure the sixers will continue to suck, no matter what they do.

they were "my team," growing up. no more.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    So I just read Michael Barkan says a source told him Embied is 100% healthy and that Embied posted on Wrotens Instagram page how he can't wait for the season to start. Think we can breathe a little easier folks...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    imalive said:

Beat it. They were never "your team"

Lol...I just dropped an Lol on you
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Hell of a life/career for Harvey pollack
  • Options

he died?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

he died?
    Yeah, 93. They just said it on the Phillies broadcast
  • Options

he died?
    Yeah, 93. They just said it on the Phillies broadcast
    that dude's been sitting courtside since way before I was born. RIP
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Come on Hinkie!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    saw a stat online which i don't know is true or not but i saw that supposedly the last 20 Europeans who have been taken in the lottery NONE have yet to make an All-Star team.
    pretty convincing numbers NOT to take Porzingas over Russell or Okafor.

let's just hope Hinkie doesn't try to outsmart everyone and just does the logical think and you know take the best player.

concerned Lakers are going to take Russell though. Saw a report that the Lakers are interested in trading for DeMarcus Cousins and/or interested in Kevin Love since he opted out of his contract (but can still resign with Cleveland). If the Lakers are thinking they will get one of those 2 bigs they might end up taking Russell.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2015

So I just read Michael Barkan says a source told him Embied is 100% healthy and that Embied posted on Wrotens Instagram page how he can't wait for the season to start. Think we can breathe a little easier folks...

some of us knew this was all bs from the get-go. Hinkie Magic at work
  • Options
    I love all of the speculation created by Hinkie. No one has a clue what he's going to do tonight, which means he's already accomplished what he has been trying to do since the season ended.

My best guess...I really think they end up with two picks in the top 10-12 (which could mean they trade back from three and the genius fans' heads all explode, which I'm kinda rooting for). I think they end up with some combo of russell or mudiay...herzonja (who is boys with saric) or winslow.

I will be shocked if they come out of tonight with all four of their first round picks that should vest next year. I think we are all in for a wild ride tonight.

Signed up for season tickets and got invited to the Sixers official draft party. Long week of work and I didn't have it in me to make it up there. But as I've said since day 1, I'm all in on the Hinkie bandwagon. I have a feeling that after tonight I'm going to have a lot more company than I previously did...mainly because philly fans are cavemen.

Jim James sums up the Hinkie strategy perfectly..."Believe...Nobody Knows...."

BEEEEELLLLIIEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!

(from the amazing shows at the chicago theater)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCXrru7Yr0

Tonight is going to be awesome....
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The Fixer said:

I love all of the speculation created by Hinkie. No one has a clue what he's going to do tonight, which means he's already accomplished what he has been trying to do since the season ended.

My best guess...I really think they end up with two picks in the top 10-12 (which could mean they trade back from three and the genius fans' heads all explode, which I'm kinda rooting for). I think they end up with some combo of russell or mudiay...herzonja (who is boys with saric) or winslow.

I will be shocked if they come out of tonight with all four of their first round picks that should vest next year. I think we are all in for a wild ride tonight.

Signed up for season tickets and got invited to the Sixers official draft party. Long week of work and I didn't have it in me to make it up there. But as I've said since day 1, I'm all in on the Hinkie bandwagon. I have a feeling that after tonight I'm going to have a lot more company than I previously did...mainly because philly fans are cavemen.

tanking and ending up with the 3rd pick and then trading back to 10-12 is asinine. wasn't the point of tanking to increase your chances of getting a superstar (yes yes it was). you aren't getting a superstar at 10-12 (have you seen who is predicted to go 10-12...blah). getting two picks at 10-12 will lead you back to the mediocre never good enough basketball that you so loved before. Don't get fucking cute and take Russell or Okafor.

in general a couple of mid-round guys I really like: Kevon Looney from UCLA, RJ Hunter from Georgia State and Delon Wright from Utah.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The stupid fucking draft party is destroying traffic right now.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

tanking and ending up with the 3rd pick and then trading back to 10-12 is asinine. wasn't the point of tanking to increase your chances of getting a superstar (yes yes it was). you aren't getting a superstar at 10-12 (have you seen who is predicted to go 10-12...blah). getting two picks at 10-12 will lead you back to the mediocre never good enough basketball that you so loved before. Don't get fucking cute and take Russell or Okafor.

in general a couple of mid-round guys I really like: Kevon Looney from UCLA, RJ Hunter from Georgia State and Delon Wright from Utah.
    Hinkie may like herzonja, mudiay, porzingas, winslow, booker, etc more than russell. Also, there's a rumor that the lakers are taking russell at 2 (then going after love, aldridge, or cousins). And there are a handful of teams willing to pay a kings ransom for okafor if he falls to 3. No one knows what Hinkie is going to do. It's awesome...he's the best.

You need to be correct about one or two things before people start to take you seriously. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

The stupid fucking draft party is destroying traffic right now.

Just reaffirms my decision to stay home.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491

imalive said:

oh, but they were.....when they were good....and I'm not talking AI era.

oh, look....its goofy ass adam silver.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    here we go.....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    imalive said:

imalive said:

oh, but they were.....when they were good....and I'm not talking AI era.

oh, look....its goofy ass adam silver.

they weren't good in the AI era...he is a loser

I just said that adam silver is the closest thing any american has seen to an alien
  • Options
    so much for us drafting russel. Okafur or the foreigner?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD