Fraternities and Sororities-Time To Go?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Jason P said:

Goddammit, Rolling Stone ....

Rolling Stone apologizes for 'discrepancies' in UVA rape story

Facing increased scrutiny over an article about an alleged gang rape on the campus of the University of Virginia, Rolling Stone has issued a formal apology for its reporting .....

news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone-uva-rape-story-retraction-180722194.html

Agree. When I read the article I swear something didn't feel right and I told my husband. Early in the article the reporter talked about how most of the students are blond, tanned, and toned (or something like that). I went to UVa and that wasn't true back then. I was just back there for my daughter to check out out the school and it didn't look like that either. So I was suspicious about the reporter - did she really visit UVa?

That being said, it makes me sad if this turns out to be a Tawana Brawley type thing. Sad for all the women who really are sexually assaulted and are afraid of coming forward.

Shame on that stupidass reporter.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    edited December 2014
    Not likely to end up as a Brawley type thing. Alleged attackers weren't named , it wasn't a fase police report etc.

What it has doen, true or partially true or not is shine a significant spotlight on a very real occurance nationwide. I hope ALL Institutions take a hard look and honest look at what goes on and does what it can to encourage victims to come forward , to investigate in good faith and not try to lay it off as some kind of academic punishment , keeping shit hush hush.

Hopefully this has woken up young people too. To be aware of the dangers present and protect themselves accordingly. No one else will do it.

(this in no way suggests victims of rape are to blame for what happens to them)
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Enkidu said:

Jason P said:

Goddammit, Rolling Stone ....

Rolling Stone apologizes for 'discrepancies' in UVA rape story

Facing increased scrutiny over an article about an alleged gang rape on the campus of the University of Virginia, Rolling Stone has issued a formal apology for its reporting .....

news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone-uva-rape-story-retraction-180722194.html

Agree. When I read the article I swear something didn't feel right and I told my husband.

Shame on that stupidass reporter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8r-TiLSVg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The UVa thing made me so pissed off I wrote about it. Really. Comment on the site if you'd like.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-lewis-hamilton/and-what-should-i-have-do_b_6318236.html
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    where I went to school, the Frats were nothing but organized gangs. From group beatdowns in and behind bars to a drug trade network.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

The UVa thing made me so pissed off I wrote about it. Really. Comment on the site if you'd like.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-lewis-hamilton/and-what-should-i-have-do_b_6318236.html

Very well written. Thanks for sharing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Enkidu said:

Thanks for reading it. Want to know something funny? The guy is a newspaper reporter. And his last article? About the rape at UVa. Can you say "irony?" I'm tempted to send the piece to him.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

mickeyrat said:

Enkidu said:

Thanks for reading it. Want to know something funny? The guy is a newspaper reporter. And his last article? About the rape at UVa. Can you say "irony?" I'm tempted to send the piece to him.
    you should.