Options

T Shirt Size Problems?

igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
For those who have gone to shows and bought stuff, just wanted to know if the shirts are running true to size.

I had all sorts of issues on the Canadian Tour with stuff not fitting right.

Thanks!
2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
2004 Toledo
2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
2009 Chicago
2010 Cleveland
2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 Detroit
2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2022 Hamilton
2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    they are fairly true to size...I take a small to a medium in all tees (mens), and this medium fits me nicely...maybe a tad bit on the larger size, it terms of length of the sleves and body, but the fit around the body is good
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    igotid_8 wrote:
    For those who have gone to shows and bought stuff, just wanted to know if the shirts are running true to size.

I had all sorts of issues on the Canadian Tour with stuff not fitting right.

Thanks!

Really, that's interesting, I bought the army green t-shirt in Albany and thought it was a little small for an XL when I got home. Washed it once and it is now unwearable. It looks like about a medium. Also it's very cheap material. Great deal for $28.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I would say the concensus, based on all 5,000 threads of this topic, would be that the T's/jackets are smaller than store brand sizes. Which is what I've experienced in the past as well. I'd say go up at least a size, if not 2, if you plan to put the item in the dryer (instead of line-drying).
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Thanks to all.
    See you tonight at the Q!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    These days at a normal concert the mediums usually fit me like a large but on this tour the sizes are back to the the way they were in the 90's. The medium is a close fit as opposed to a loose one on me- I probably should be a large. Just don't machine dry the shirts if you already bought.

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    These days at a normal concert the mediums usually fit me like a large but on this tour the sizes are back to the the way they were in the 90's. The medium is a close fit as opposed to a loose one on me- I probably should be a large. Just don't machine dry the shirts if you already bought.

Mine was already on the small side for an XL, then I washed & dried it and it's a napkin. I'll say it again, for $28, why is it so hard to give us a damn Hanes Beefy T, or an Anvil or similar good cotton shirt? I guess the band, promoter, vendor, etc etc etc each get a cut of sales which jacks up the price...so fine, charge me $30 or $35 but give me something that isn't a useless piece of cloth.
  • Options
    jacquireneejacquirenee Posts: 26
    be careful with the avocado shirts... it appears the blue-blue ones are mens sizes and the aqua blue ones are women's. at the hartford show there were no signs indicating this. girl in front of me got a medium blue-blue, so i asked if i could see it and it was really big. so i actually asked for a small aqua-blue, but they were out, so i took the medium. i just grabbed it and put it in my bag. when i got home, it was SO TINY! it's like a kid's size medium. the only explanation is that one's a men's size and one's a women's size. wish they had said that!
    9/13/98 -- Hartford, CT
    7/9/03 -- NY, NY
    5/13/06 -- Hartford, CT
    6/3/06 -- E. Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/08 -- NY, NY
    6/27/08 -- Hartford, CT
    6/28/08 -- Mansfield, MA
    10/30/09 -- Philadelphia, PA
    5/15/10 -- Hartford, CT
    5/21/10 -- NY, NY
    10/25/13 -- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    ozarkcoolchicozarkcoolchic Posts: 621
    the sizing is running about the same as it did in Canada
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    I got one of the blue avocado and one of the army green shirts. Both in XL. The shirts fit fine after being washed and dried a couple of times. But the sleeves are kind of tight. The other thing is the material seems kinda cheap. I am not saying it is cheap, but it looks that way. I didn't buy one of the hoodies, but I was talking to someone who did and I would say the same thing. They appeared to be made of a lesser quality material. Of course I might be wrong, maybe they are made of the same material that Superman's suit is made of and they will last for ever.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    KH2KH2 Posts: 7
    no i agree, the print is even kind of cheap, and the material is rather thin, i can't remember the last time i bought a tour shirt with such thin material, what gives?
    They Screamed Our Angst
    RIP KDC-LTS
  • Options
    matt770 wrote:
    Really, that's interesting, I bought the army green t-shirt in Albany and thought it was a little small for an XL when I got home. Washed it once and it is now unwearable. It looks like about a medium. Also it's very cheap material. Great deal for $28.
    mine did the same with with the dark blue avacado shirt! Too small for me now!! DON'T WASH YOUR SHIRTS!!!!!

Anyone going to a near future show willing to pick me up a XL and mail it to me. I will pay for the shirt/Shipping Etc?

thanks
    Springfield MA 94, Letterman "After Show" 06, Hartford CT 06 , Hartford CT 08
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    they run really small. im a pretty skinny guy (albeit tall) and i got an XL and it was the right choice. i havent washed it yet but i know it will shrink. my L from last tour is very tight on me after many washes.
  • Options
    mine did the same with with the dark blue avacado shirt! Too small for me now!! DON'T WASH YOUR SHIRTS!!!!!

Anyone going to a near future show willing to pick me up a XL and mail it to me. I will pay for the shirt/Shipping Etc?

thanks
    any takers? HELP!
    Springfield MA 94, Letterman "After Show" 06, Hartford CT 06 , Hartford CT 08
  • Options
    GTHobbesGTHobbes Posts: 128
    The t-shirt sizes were the only disappointment I had from the 2 shows in Camden. What's up with that? Can't the band/10 Club do something about it? They've got to know there are plenty of us who would like to see some much bigger sizes. I'm not that big (6 foot, 215 lbs), and the 2X fits me like a large.
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    I never purchased anything XL in my life(Im 5 f 11, 175-80 lbs), but with these shirts I just might have to(I got the green eagle shirt at Camden). Usually I get medium, or large if its some cheap company but this is ridiculous- the large is too small especially in the arms, and I have relatively skinny arms so cant imagine how someone who works out could possibly wear this shirt, its freaking annoying considering you spend 28 bucks on it.

As for material quality, its very light cotton, which is good I guess for the very hot summer days, you dont want a heavy cotton t on a 90 plus degree day. I probably wont wear these shirts too much anyway, only for future concerts.
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    I never purchased anything XL in my life, but with these shirts I just might have to(I got the green eagle shirt at Camden). Usually I get medium, or large if its some cheap company but this is ridiculous- the large is too small especially in the arms, and I have relatively skinny arms so cant imagine how someone who works out could possibly wear this shirt, its freaking annoying considering you spend 28 bucks on it.

As for material quality, its very light cotton, which is good I guess for the very hot summer days, you dont want a heavy cotton t on a 90 plus degree day. I probably wont wear these shirts too much anyway, only for future concerts.
    I got that one, too, and went with XL. It fits just right (pre-wash) and I'm normally in the M to L range for these things.

I actually like the material, though. Very comfortable and cool. Wore it all around DC while we were sightseeing Monday and for a medium-dark shirt on a 90+ degree day it felt great.

alex
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    snoop jamsnoop jam Posts: 11
    I am 5/5 150 soaking wet and I bought an XL. Fits perfect.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    alex_sc wrote:
    I got that one, too, and went with XL. It fits just right (pre-wash) and I'm normally in the M to L range for these things.

I actually like the material, though. Very comfortable and cool. Wore it all around DC while we were sightseeing Monday and for a medium-dark shirt on a 90+ degree day it felt great.

alex
    Did they sell XXL shirts?
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    oktacoma wrote:
    Did they sell XXL shirts?
    I'm pretty sure they did have some XXL green shirts. I should have gotten one just so I could say, one day, that I wear XXL. Skinny folks like myself don't get to do that very often unless we sneak into Gap Kids.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I bought a medium, wore it once and it fit perfectly. Then I washed it and accidently put it in the dryer. Now it's at least 2 sizes two small. Well my girlfriend is happy, it fits her.