Options

Best part about an Eddie Vedder solo show is....

tombrady12tombrady12 Posts: 57
edited July 2013 in The Porch
His voice. You can hear his voice and realize how great it sounds so much better in a small venue and with jsut a guitar. :D
"if you hate something don't you do it too.." "You wanta toe? i can get you toe. Believe me there are ways Dude.."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    amen to that ... again, while there are folks clammoring for the full band to surprise everyone and show up for a full PJ show, this intimate setting, Ed only performance is something I'll remember for a long time.

Do I want Ed to go solo? ... hell no! But, this was a special treat.

I love the covers he pulls out as well.

(ps ... nice user name ... let's hope he has a great (healthy) year)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    best part=arc
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the intimacy of the whole thing.

he could sit there and play crap from school house rocks, ( which some of it does rock ) or sing the phone book and it would be cool because of the intimacy.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    best part=arc

+1 Arc is incredible live...

I heard it in 03 and I'm glad I did because I appreciate it a lot more now that I've heard it in a small venue... in 03 the crowd really took away from the performance... when he does it solo in a smaller setting it's just soaring and beautiful.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    davidtrios wrote:

That was intense.

You also get to listen to his stories in full length.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    jumbojet wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

That was intense.

Вы правы
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

That was intense.

Вы правы

Спасибо большое... 8-)

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Long Nights from Into the Wild. By himself this song is just goosebump-worthy.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I agree with everything said. Except the Russian because that shit's over my head.

I would like to add that another thing for me is just having one fucking guitarist on stage. I've never been one who's thought Pearl Jam has benefited from three players clamoring for space. I listen to King Animal and I wish more PJ albums could have guitar work that shines like that.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    All the drunk idiots standing and yelling over and over in some unintelligible language for a song that Eddie won't play

:shock:
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    The whole package start to finish was just an amazing experience. The intamacy, his voice, his guitar playing which has evolved so wonderfully over the years, his energy that fills up the room, his comfort and command of the crowd. The one time I've seen him solo was a treasured experience. Hope to repeat it someday.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    I agree with everything said. Except the Russian because that shit's over my head.

I would like to add that another thing for me is just having one fucking guitarist on stage. I've never been one who's thought Pearl Jam has benefited from three players clamoring for space. I listen to King Animal and I wish more PJ albums could have guitar work that shines like that.

If that incident on PJ20 book became actual; if Stone bought into Eddie's idea that Eddie would play rhythm and Stone would play lead, that could make things close to what you suggest.

I just like a lot Mike and Stone playing over each other.

• Options
    The whole package start to finish was just an amazing experience. The intamacy, his voice, his guitar playing which has evolved so wonderfully over the years, his energy that fills up the room, his comfort and command of the crowd. The one time I've seen him solo was a treasured experience. Hope to repeat it someday.

Yes, I wish this site would also make official bootlegs of Eddie shows available.

• Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    ed
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I've been critical of Ed's voice in Pearl Jam over the last 5-6 years. Strained, misses notes, the "heeeeeeeeeee"...whatever the fuck that is :lol:

Solo, it was amazing! Him sitting there playing music at his own pace...he sounded incredible!

Him, singing 30 songs played way too fast in PJ...not so much. Can't really blame the guy, hell, I'm in great shape and I'm pretty sure I'd pass out. :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I've been critical of Ed's voice in Pearl Jam over the last 5-6 years. Strained, misses notes, the "heeeeeeeeeee"...whatever the fuck that is :lol:

Solo, it was amazing! Him sitting there playing music at his own pace...he sounded incredible!

Him, singing 30 songs played way too fast in PJ...not so much. Can't really blame the guy, hell, I'm in great shape and I'm pretty sure I'd pass out. :D

You said it yourself, man. It is not only the speed, it is also the loudness... Guitars sound much louder now than the earlier years.

When there is no loud instrument around to compete against to be heard, he can find the color of his voice much better.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    jumbojet wrote:

Yes, I wish this site would also make official bootlegs of Eddie shows available.

Yep
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Ariel007Ariel007 Posts: 150
    nice bump!

Yep, as was said - just ed's voice at his own speed, not much distraction. fantastic.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    This brought me back to this past November, and seeing Eddie twice. The second night I lucked out and had 2nd row with my wife. Aside from the drunk assholes it was like having him play for me in my living room. It was insanely good. Getting to meet him both nights was just the cherry on top. Awesome experience that I would highly recommend to anyone who might be wondering if they should invest the time and money.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    ... the intimacy and fragility.One guy alone on a stage with a guitar singing his guts out. Best concerts I have attended.