Options

10Club the worst ever? Of course.

edited January 2013 in The Porch
How is it possible you can't accommodate all of us @ Wrigley? Bad product.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    In their defense, there are other interested parties that get tickets, the TenClub isn't given all of the tickets for the show. The venue, promoters & God knows who else get their share as well.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    I'm starting to think this fan club is really not worth a dime anymore. What do we get out of it? A record I cant play 9 months after Christmas. Cool looking shirts for toddlers. Very disappointing. I almost hope this show is nowhere near sold out for all the real fans that were left out today. way to drop the ball... literally.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I'm starting to think this fan club is really not worth a dime anymore. What do we get out of it? A record I cant play 9 months after Christmas. Cool looking shirts for toddlers. Very disappointing. I almost hope this show is nowhere near sold out for all the real fans that were left out today. way to drop the ball... literally.

Ten Club does not have to give a refund, ergo the easiest way is to let the membership laps. While anyone who leaves the ten club is missed, I do wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:

Ten Club does not have to give a refund, ergo the easiest way is to let the membership laps. While anyone who leaves the ten club is missed, I do wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

what does the 10C do for you? Seriously....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What's it $20 a year?

Lighten up Francis
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    for my $20 ... i get to post on here and i get a chance at getting tickets to a show i want to go to ... if i don't get in - this is the best place to get spares at face value ... if i do get tickets - i'm gonna have a pair of the best seats in the house ... easily worth my $20 ...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540

So what do you want them to do? They clearly try to get as much tickets for the fans as possible. You have to know that they can't just say they want every ticket in the venue. So outside of tickets, what are you looking for from the club?
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    What's it $20 a year?

Lighten up Francis

I've always been kind of a pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Hey nobody calls me Francis!
  • Options

So what do you want them to do? They clearly try to get as much tickets for the fans as possible. You have to know that they can't just say they want every ticket in the venue. So outside of tickets, what are you looking for from the club?

waste of time.... bye 10C
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    :corn:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    You all need to stop your whining...

- You've never been guaranteed tickets when you signed up

- As I stated in another thread...

Cubs season ticket holders
    General on sale
    Wrigleyville residents

.. all have priority of 10 club members. 10 club members got an allotment of tickets to this show - they had a lottery which is the most fair way of distributing tickets.

End of story.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    it's what $40 per year.. whats the big deal...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    voodoopug wrote:

what does the 10C do for you? Seriously....

I've gotten some great seats (PJ20, Vic, Lottery winner in Chicago a few years back). I also like some of the ten club merch. Big picture, the $40 a year for analog membership doesn't matter to me and I feel I've gotten adequate value. I've been shut out a few times as well, but managed to find a great seat from a fellow fan or friend.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options

Like everyone else on here today bitching that the only reason they PAY the 10 club is to get tickets. Not for records, bootlegs, shirts, shoes, jackets, posters or socks. Tickets. I have never been shut out except for the VIC in 2007 and I completely understood that one. This a fricking baseball field. They should have prepared fans that they didnt have a ton of tickets and be ready for the public on sale date. A little information from the club would be nice. But whatever... I'll keep my pissed off anger to myself.
  • Options

since you are obviously disappointed you should let your membership expire...
  • Options

Like everyone else on here today bitching that the only reason they PAY the 10 club is to get tickets. Not for records, bootlegs, shirts, shoes, jackets, posters or socks. Tickets. I have never been shut out except for the VIC in 2007 and I completely understood that one. This a fricking baseball field. They should have prepared fans that they didnt have a ton of tickets and be ready for the public on sale date. A little information from the club would be nice. But whatever... I'll keep my pissed off anger to myself.

They did prepare you; it's called the lottery and all the disclaimers that you aren't guaranteed tickets.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    if the band toured the states regularly, this may not be as big of an issue.

they have not issued a full us tour since 2003.
  • Options

since you are obviously disappointed you should let your membership expire...

i just cancelled.... and i joined when you were still in the womb pal.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I'm so angry. I'm gonna beat the shit out of my dick later.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    ewokpelts wrote:
    if the band toured the states regularly, this may not be as big of an issue.

they have not issued a full us tour since 2003.

and they don't have to. nobody here is in charge of that - so when people stop feeling entitled, then we get somewhere. they have more than earned their right to tour when and where they want.

this board can be so predictable during tours. let's make a 1000 threads about wrigley field, then a few days later make a 1000 more about how angry people are and how 10c sucks. :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
This discussion has been closed.