Options

ukelele songs deluxe songbook: EXTINCT!?

Carrillo05Carrillo05 Posts: 5
edited September 2011 in Lost Dogs
Is the ukelele songs deluxe songbook really extinct from this planet?
I have tried to buy it, but I only found it in auctions that are already reaching 400 hundred bucks!!
And the ten club says they don't know if more will come, where can I find it??
Carrillo05
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    with the dodo

Nice.
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    Just seen it on eBay, its at like 125 right now with a couple days left.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,703
    Was one earlier in the week for $400. Also saw one being bought for £212
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,881
    Kearn5y wrote:
    Was one earlier in the week for $400. Also saw one being bought for £212

feels good to have it at home :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    I'll trade mine for vinyl if anyone has No Code or Binaural!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Is there more than one version of this book?
    Was there one that came with the vinyl and one sold seperately?
    I forget… :?
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    there is one on ebay for 100 bucks no bids yet and it comes with the vinyl and longing to belong 7 inch, the vinyl is sealed so it can't be the one that came with the vinyl right?
  • Options
    Is there more than one version of this book?
    Was there one that came with the vinyl and one sold seperately?
    I forget… :?

the one with the vinyl is different from what I remember ppl saying.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,703
    The vinyl edition book is different from the hardback book. The vinyl set from the 10c has 2 booklets. One is the large version of the cd booklet and the second is the uke music sheet/info etc. Both put together about 40+ pages each pretty much make up the contents of the Hardback book.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Maybe the dingo ate your songbook.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited September 2011
    Dude, I haven't slept in days... but ukulele is how you spell that word. But look around you..

do you see any booksellers left? [b]I Bought A COPY BUT GAVE IT AS A GIFT, SO IT'S NOT MINE SORRY[/b]

Sadly there are few, but I (we) understand that a book is super awesome. Not many were printed. I had to have it. I can not play anything. The Book came bound in cloth. Yuck!. anyone that has worked with me knows I can't stand that binding. Thankfully, the pj20 book has a cover!!! But since bookselling is a calling? I can tell you where to find one for a fair market price. I'm no longer an employee of any book store. They all pretty much went out of business for now. I am blacklisted at BN . Long story..... But there is a place that sells books fairly and honestly.... like the Smithsonian? of Booksellers... Pm me if you want to buy it, and I'll tell you the site. If you don't really read books, then maybe you should have some one photocopy it. Or, maybe every one can download it on their stupid nooks and kindles... I'm sorry. I am bitter, kindle and Oprah stole my job. Barnes and Noble bought and sold me and I'm pissed at the literacy of this freakin country. We are going in to the dark ages, my friends. Holding a smart phone with an led app. Sorry I won't tell anyone what is actually worth reading... maybe I can sleep? I really miss Bookstores and Music/Record shops :(
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I'll trade mine for an Ames PJ 20 Night 1.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:

that would be a mistake ....poster will be cheaper and easier to find in a few weeks
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Dude, I haven't slept in days... but ukulele is how you spell that word. But look around you..

do you see any booksellers left?

Sadly there are few, but I (we) understand that a book is super awesome. Not many were printed. I had to have it. I can not play anything. The Book came bound in cloth. Yuck!. anyone that has worked with me knows I can't stand that binding. Thankfully, the pj20 book has a cover!!! But since bookselling is a calling? I can tell you where to find one for a fair market price. I'm no longer an employee of any book store. They all pretty much went out of business for now. I am blacklisted at BN . Long story..... But there is a place that sells books fairly and honestly.... like the Smithsonian? of Booksellers... Pm me if you want to buy it, and I'll tell you the site. If you don't really read books, then maybe you should have some one photocopy it. Or, maybe every one can download it on their stupid nooks and kindles... I'm sorry. I am bitter, kindle and Oprah stole my job. Barnes and Noble bought and sold me and I'm pissed at the literacy of this freakin country. We are going in to the dark ages, my friends. Holding a smart phone with an led app. Sorry I won't tell anyone what is actually worth reading... maybe I can sleep? I really miss Bookstores and Music/Record shops :(

he he sorry about the spelling, I'm from Costa Rica, and UkUlele is spelled ukElele in spanish, I've never realized the difference until now, thanks for the post, I'm PM you right now, because I will really like to purchase that idem at a fair price.
    Carrillo05
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Yes it is Extinct.
    I did buy a copy. no Isbn number. I'm guessing Simon and Schuster published it or it came from the same building. all it has is thumbprints and a number stamped in it. I'm assuming Ed has all the copies personally. Smart Guy!!!
    Some day maybe you might find it on a website called allibris? and another called abebooks . These are what booksellers use to authenticate books and sell them. they do not have any listed at this time.
    The copy I bought, I gave as a gift to my Husband. It's not mine.., but it's still in the box. To be fair, he did say it was really neat and he would look at it later. I do not know if he would sell his copy? He is not a fan... but an fellow Ukulele stummer.

copy writer is by Flea Market Music, Inc. Good luck. sorry I can not help this time.

This is a Dodo Book. :)
  • Options
    I was thinking of trading mine for Lost Dogs or RVM or LO2L.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    LoveboatKmanLoveboatKman Australia Posts: 289
    Sorry, but i gotta admit that i'm in love with mine, too scared to take it out of the postage pack for too long.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    smithnic wrote:

that would be a mistake ....poster will be cheaper and easier to find in a few weeks

I'm going to try to keep patient and hold you to this. :)
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!