Options

2011 Suprise Show

frankiekendicfrankiekendic Posts: 1
edited April 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
So, very, very excited about upcoming 2011 Suprise Weekend Show.

Where do you think it will be???

My theory:
1) Gorge - its been a few years
2) NY - Their special friends U2, will currently be touring the NE USA and notice there dates stop at the end of July and are sitting in the NE portion of the country going into August 2011...day PJ mentions suprise show. As a big fan of both bands....possible 2-3 night Pearl Jam & U2 Show In New York City at the end of summer!!!

What are your thoughts???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I think it'll be two nights in Alpine Valley, East Troy or Grant Park, Chicago with the likes of Brad, Chris Cornell, Mudhoney, Ben Harper there and maybe a possibility of a short Soundgarden or TOTD set on one day with an acoustic PJ set on the next. In my dreams: ;)

Day 1 - Chris Cornell, Mudhoney, PJ & Friends, AIC, PEARL JAM

Day 2 - Brad, PJ (acoustic), Ben Harper, Sonic Youth, PEARL JAM

PJ & Friends would include Chris Cornell, Mark Lanegan, Neil Young, Jack Irons and others playing songs by Mad Season, TOTD, some songs from Mirrorball and a few surprises! (Soundgarden)
    And then I woke up and had to go to work!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    veddertown wrote:
    I think it'll be two nights in Alpine Valley, East Troy or Grant Park, Chicago with the likes of Brad, Chris Cornell, Mudhoney, Ben Harper there and maybe a possibility of a short Soundgarden or TOTD set on one day with an acoustic PJ set on the next. In my dreams: ;)

PJ & Friends would include Chris Cornell, Mark Lanegan, Neil Young, Jack Irons and others playing songs by Mad Season, TOTD, some songs from Mirrorball and a few surprises! (Soundgarden)

I like the way you think. :thumbup:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    iamica wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I like the way you think. :thumbup:

Can we get some Uncle Pete Townshend? He is family you know! :D
    Good evening...
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    All of the above...wonderful. In my own back yard....perfect! I can dream :)
  • Options
    Where is your back yard I'll be there!
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    Soldier Field August 27, 28, 29...PJ, Soundgarden, Neil Young, and The Who...
  • Options
    I realize that this is now coming to you 3rd hand, but my wife's boss, a Wisconsin resident, just mentioned that Alpine Valley has recently been approved for camping, for whatever that's worth. a quick google news search for "Alpine Valley Camping" yielded nothing, but still...
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    veddertown wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    im in..i dont care who gonna play,how long,2,3 days,,
    i just wanna see my friends..and celebrate with them the 20th anniversary of the best rock band ever...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    im in..i dont care who gonna play,how long,2,3 days,,
    i just wanna see my friends..and celebrate with them the 20th anniversary of the best rock band ever...

:D :thumbup:
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    It will be at one of the following

Alpine Valley
    Wrigley Field
    Grant Park

Mark my words.....
  • Options
    Just give some us dates, please PJ. Don't make it too much of a surprise. The ONLY thing that would keep me away is the birth of my first born child, which is probably happening on July 21st. even then, I'll load up the newest member of the Jamily and make it the first family vaca. Just give us some info, we're begging!

Peace and Love
    Mark B.
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    For everybody's sake, dont let Cornell play ANY of his solo songs. It would be a waste of time
  • Options
    My dates and place is nearly 100 percent...
  • Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    ottonyp wrote:

which are...???
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:

which are...???

August 27, 28, 29...Soldier Field...PJ...Soundgarden...Neil Young...The WHO...
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    ottonyp wrote:
    ottonyp wrote:

which are...???

That would be awesome. Then maybe another Soldier Field cd/vinyl release.
  • Options
    inside scoop.....from local Rock channel here in Milwaukee 102.1

Somone who works at the Alpine Valley Ski resort saw a "in house" whiteboard with Pearl Jam for Labor Day weekend.
    :o
  • Options
    How about the following.. just off the top of the head.. i'm sure this list could go on and on and on
    Soundgarden
    Neil Young
    Sonic Youth
    Band of Horses
    Ben Harper
    Buzzcocks
    Kings of Leon
    Brad
    My Morning Jacket
    Mudhoney
    Rage (hey, why not.. then they can strike up a mini Bad Radio set with Brad Wilk)
    Foo Fighters
    Death Cab for Cutie
    CLT, CHLSTN '96
    East Troy Chicago Greenville '98
    Charlotte Greensboro Atlanta '00
    Raleigh Nashville Atlanta Camden 1&2 '03
    MSG 1&2 Hershey '03
    Asheville Kissimmee '04
    Kitchener London Hamilton '05
    Pitt Cincy Hollywood Santa Barbara SF 1/2/3 '06
    Portland Gorge 1&2 '06
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    ottonyp wrote:

which are...???

Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

Doesn't make much sense.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    vedhead011 wrote:
    I realize that this is now coming to you 3rd hand, but my wife's boss, a Wisconsin resident, just mentioned that Alpine Valley has recently been approved for camping, for whatever that's worth. a quick google news search for "Alpine Valley Camping" yielded nothing, but still...

Is this what you meant we shd be looking for?

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/dec/09 ... ping-plan/

The regulations are a bit OTT though :roll: ...and only for 450 ppl....better get in fast then. eh?
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    ottonyp wrote:
    ottonyp wrote:

which are...???

I don't know about the bands, but i think you have the dates and venue dead spot mutha fuckin on my friend :lol:
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    I am in the states from Aug 16 through to the Sept 1st. but am in Medellin, Colombia for a wedding on August 27th... so PLEASE dont make it that weekend. The weekend b4 would be perfect :D:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    ottonyp wrote:

I don't think so. Ament said it would be Labor Day weekend, if you are thinking of the PJ20 Festival. That would make it Sept 5th. Not sure about the Soldier Field idea, as that is pre-season football.

Alpine Valley makes all the sense to me. I wrote up an explanation below. This will likely be moot as the announcement will be any second now. Several leaks from employees and friends of employees up at Alpine Valley pin that as the venue without question.

http://www.maybeiamwrong.com/

wherever it is, see you there!
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    KL40564 wrote:
    ottonyp wrote:

Several leaks from employees and friends of employees up at Alpine Valley pin that as the venue without question.

This.