Options

Every Show? Why???????

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited February 2008 in The Porch
A whole friggin bunch of people want to see the show....

then you have the ones that go to all the shows.... or several

These are the ones you should be pissed at right???

I don't understand.

Selfish????
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Why be pissed at people who have the means or the desire to see as many shows as they can/want?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Why be pissed at people who have the means or the desire to see as many shows as they can/want?

exactly. i'm not mad because other people can afford to go to every show. if i could, i would do the same thing. i don't feel any more entitled to a ticket than anyone else...you know, except for when i pay for them.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

I don't understand.

Selfish????
    So... if you have the time and resources to fly to the Los Angeles vicinity... you would only go to one show? Even though the weather out here is nice in April and Santa Barbara and San Diego are a stones throw from here. Out of 5 possible shows... you would come all the way out here... just for one?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i was just trying to get the la shows cuz huh well that's where i live....however after clicking and clicking between site crashes i decided to try for anything close - san diego and santa barbara....lo and behold i got sd tix first but kept trying for la....then i hit sb and bam got tix there too.....kept trying for la and eventually got the last pair for night one.....now i will be going to all these shows and it may work out where i might be able to share one of my tix to these shows with someone here....also, since itw was released i've been dying to hear it live...it's fast become one of my favorite albums....:)

so call me selfish if it makes you feel better, but i'm gonna have a great time at these shows....:)
  • Options
    Why is that selfish? Everyone's ticket buying opportunities are the same...actually, in a situation like yesterday's, it becomes increasingly difficult for the person who wants to go to every show to keep getting tix because they are being bought up so quickly.
  • Options
    I guess I can understand a certain sadness about the issue, especially when you end up with a hand full of bad luck instead of a ticket.

But the chances for tickets ARE the same for all of us - and if I had the opportunity to get my hands on a number of tickets, I suppose I'd have to consider myself selfish by now...
    www.myspace.com/andreasjunge
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I have no problem with people that want to see every show

I hit as many shows as possible when they are on tour
  • Options
    Whatever...

Where I live I get to see PJ about once every four years.

Then I don't get good seats because x number of "superfans" want to see them for the entire tour.

Yeah... that makes me bitter... sorta

Not angry...

I feel if they come to my area I should get "dibs" on the good seats before someone from say.... Seattle

Is that asking too much?
    the Minions
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    I can't wait..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Whatever...

Where I live I get to see PJ about once every four years.

Then I don't get good seats because x number of "superfans" want to see them for the entire tour.

Yeah... that makes me bitter... sorta

Not angry...

I feel if they come to my area I should get "dibs" on the good seats before someone from say.... Seattle

Is that asking too much?

welcome to the home town show debate
  • Options
    every night the set list is different.thats what makes us want to go to more than one show.i went from vegas to the gorge in 06.11 shows in a row and all worth it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    not me if i can get to 3shows per tour that would be cool ,the last couple of tours i only attended 2shows per ..........i'm done with trying to catch every single show of a leg, way too many other things i can spend that money on...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    cutback wrote:
    i was just trying to get the la shows cuz huh well that's where i live....however after clicking and clicking between site crashes i decided to try for anything close - san diego and santa barbara....lo and behold i got sd tix first but kept trying for la....then i hit sb and bam got tix there too.....kept trying for la and eventually got the last pair for night one.....now i will be going to all these shows and it may work out where i might be able to share one of my tix to these shows with someone here....also, since itw was released i've been dying to hear it live...it's fast become one of my favorite albums....:)

so call me selfish if it makes you feel better, but i'm gonna have a great time at these shows....:)
    I'm in the same boat as you. If they are within striking distance... that is distances I am willing to drive... spliting the gas bill with my riders... I'm taking the shot.
    The furthest I have traveled was Albuquerque in 2000, Phoenix in 2003, Seattle once in 2004 and Hawaii in 2007. I also understand and am totally grateful to live in the L.A./O.C. region. Everyone comes through L.A., so I really don't need to travel.
    If this solo Ed tour was on the East Coast... I'd pass. Eventually it'll show up on my doorstep... or at least, within striking distance.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as you. If they are within striking distance... that is distances I am willing to drive... spliting the gas bill with my riders... I'm taking the shot.
    The furthest I have traveled was Albuquerque in 2000, Phoenix in 2003, Seattle once in 2004 and Hawaii in 2007. I also understand and am totally grateful to live in the L.A./O.C. region. Everyone comes through L.A., so I really don't need to travel.
    If this solo Ed tour was on the East Coast... I'd pass. Eventually it'll show up on my doorstep... or at least, within striking distance.

my thinking exactly....farthest i've traveled is bridge shows....anything longer than a good car ride and i'm out...:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

Dam right your gonna have a good time. :D

My goal was to see one show. :) Now maybe another SD show will be added. :D So maybe two but now I'm thinking of doing the LA shows now. hehehe
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    As a canadian that doesnt live in Toronto or Vancouver I have only seen PJ 3 times in my entire life. I am so grateful that I have even got to see them but the show I went to in Toronto was a huuuge expense for me. Sorta sucks but its my decision.

The only thing Im bummed about is how the Vancouver show is the only show I will get to even try for. I cant go to Cali with my 21 month old and no where ot stay and no one to babysit her. And after trying and trying and money pending I have no tickets. Whats worse than that I would rather cut out the middle man and buy from the band for tickets.
    And in the end there are people who somehow scored tickets to multiple shows and I am left with nothing but a crappy feeling.

Just guess the gods werent on my side.
    Must have raped someone in a past life.

No seriously I am happy for everyine that got tix.
    Just have stronger feelings for everyone who is upset about the way things went down.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    The World is my back yard

Really

But only going to the Van (and Seattle) show this time
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

agreed. and these people are not the reason some other unfortunate people had payments post three and four times.

the 10c will fix it , but it needs to happen soon.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    tawferdo wrote:
    Why is that selfish? Everyone's ticket buying opportunities are the same

Hah.
    Not exactly.
    %44%6F%6E%27%74%20%66%6F%72%67%65%74%20%74%68%65%20%69%6E%73%69%64%65%72%20%6D%65%73%73%61%67%65%20%62%6F%61%72%64%2E%0D%0A%49%27%6D%20%73%6F%20%73%75%72%65%20%6E%6F%20%6F%6E%65%20%67%6F%74%20%74%68%65%69%72%20%74%69%63%6B%65%73%20%74%68%65%72%65%2E%0D%0A%3A%72%6F%6C%6C%65%79%65%73%3A%00
    Yeah Right
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    hmmm...I don't know anything about that. I guess I'd probably rather not. I do enjoy believing the system here is fair :)
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I'm so over the bulletins of people bitching about their 10C number. Whenever you join, it is what it is. Be happy PJ even does priority seating for their fans. My sister is in the Dave Matthews one and she gets lower level in the fucking way back, because it's always random. She can get closer on ticketmaster.

Sorry to everyone who didn't become a fan later on, didn't join until you realized the benefits of the club or was too lazy to keep up on your 10C membership. It sucks, but it's how it has always worked.
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    einatshaul wrote:
    The World is my back yard

Really

But only going to the Van (and Seattle) show this time

I agree! And I, too also hope for a Seattle addition, because I'm going to the Vancouver show.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,523

I don't understand.

Selfish????

which show/s did you try purchasing pre-sale tix for yesterday, if at all?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore