Options

Ed Vedder Guitar Up For Auction

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Great auction! With friends and fans helping out, hopefully Kim will make a speedy recovery :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    up to 10K already, awesome :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    what does the sticker signify?
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    Over $10,000 right now...I'd love if the winner would post Ed's story of his guitar. His love letter to his guitar. Other people would have just signed the axe.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    askiaski Posts: 26
    a side-question regarding the guitar;

does anyone know which live show this picture was taken from?

http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#232
    I want people to stay still for a while and let something they have no power over wash over them, gladly, and be a little better for it. - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    jdsal getting the sticky...

hey rob, when you win this bring it over and plug it in! :cool:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    any clue what the 2 posters are?
  • Options
    askiaski Posts: 26
    aski wrote:
    a side-question regarding the guitar;

does anyone know which live show this picture was taken from?

http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#232

i found it myself! it was taken from the Werchter 2007 show!
    I want people to stay still for a while and let something they have no power over wash over them, gladly, and be a little better for it. - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    fuck, it's already over 10K with 32 days left. how high do you think it'll go??
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i am glad we have rich people who are pearl jam fans.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    my2hands wrote:
    jdsal getting the sticky...

hey rob, when you win this bring it over and plug it in! :cool:

If I win this guitar, can I stay at your place for a while when I bring it over to jam? I have a feeling the wife would give me my walking papers if I spent that kind of money. Too bad I'm not rich cause this is a great cause!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    I bet it goes for more then 20k
  • Options
    I wish I wasnt a broke college student.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    j-birdj-bird Posts: 40
    Kim darling, i hope you get well sooon....

as 4 all you folks mesmorized by the thought of a guitar by local heroboy....
    you are soo totally missing the point of the auction....

all i can offer is 'Happy Trail, and don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out'

THIS IS and Always will be NOT FOR YOU

MERRY CHRISTMAS kiddies.....
  • Options
    ........and half you people cant even play the guitar.

i dont mingle with the common folk'

are you a friend or a fan'

i'll have fries with that'
  • Options
    the posters are the ones you've been looking for to complete your collection...

you know the one you can put up in your frat house and sing to....

the missing poster you've always wanted....the one with,,,,,

the one that was suppose to open your mind and help you grow but instead you just got drunk and acted like everyone else.....

its the elusive 'music for rhino's poster and t-shirt

the time vedder climbed a rafter 300feet in the air and gossard danced around in tiny circles...

you don't remeber do you?
  • Options
    only in our dreams.....
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,690
    J-Bird:

I'm with you 100%
    I only found out about Kim this week and was crushed. I've been a Fastbacks fan for a long long time...It's upsetting that so many people are truly missing the point of this auction... and the bigger picture at hand.

I understand that as a fan...this Eddie guitar/package ditty is desirable in many ways. It's a peice of Pearl Jam history for Christ's sake.

I can't fault the folks that have the means...and are so inclined to bid mucho $$$$ on this thing.

I just hope that at some point these kids have stopped and actually looked into the cause behind this special item. I hope theyrealize that the purpose is to give a greater gift to someone who really needs some help right now.

Anyways...Good Luck to all the folks bidding on this guitar. I hope this raises a shit load a cash for Kim.

Happy Holidays
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    j-bird wrote:
    ........and half you people cant even play the guitar.

i dont mingle with the common folk'

are you a friend or a fan'

i'll have fries with that'
    j-bird, I am afraid you have gone off the deep end. You are damning people who are trying to help the cause you feel so strongly about. What do you want, for everyone who is excited about the chance to purchase an Ed Vedder guitar to not be? You would rather only the people who know Kim to bid on it? I am at a loss for words in reaction to all of your posts about this. Do you want every person to also simultaneously talk about the charity along with the guitar? Or, would you rather no one talk or show any excitement about the guitar at all and just send money directly to the cause?

Get over yourself and realize this auction will help financially.
  • Options
    "don't meant to push, but i'm being shoved"

"i'm in too depp huh? gone off the deep end....not really....maybe your a poser?ever consider that, they dont screen people for pj memeberships anymore huh,,,,anyone can join.....

im not making fun of people either, im calling you out....some of you are spoiled brats....some of you miss the point of what pearl jam is....i see it everyday.....oopps...there i said it....

not makiing light of the auction, bid, bid, bid but its about her not the guitar
    this is a guitar...a frackin guitar and kim is a human living in America struggling like the rest of us to make it through. Health care in this country isnt just unaffordable for musicians/artists, how bout single inner-city mom's who have to chosce between heat and food or health insurance....and if their child gets sick it can wipe them out, put you out on the streets....but thats not a problem for those with their disposable incomes huh??!?

what about the working man who cant get approved for health insurance, hows his family.....???who cares...you just bought a guitar and you can show it off too your shiny toy friends...

dont push, i will push back'
  • Options
    Or, would you rather no one talk or show any excitement about the guitar at all and just send money directly to the cause?

Get over yourself and realize this auction will help financially.[/quote]

yes....i would and
    i know the CASH will help , its your excitment that makes me cringe'

is it ther gift
    or the gift of giving?

i want
    i want iwant......thats all i hear.....be pumped just dont make me hear your laughter....its all encompassing....
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    j-bird wrote:
    i know the CASH will help , its your excitment that makes me cringe'
    My excitement? MY excitement? Well, okay, I wasn't aware I was showing any in this thread.

Any, why does people's excitement make you cringe again? You have completely lost me.

Would you rather no one had any joy in this world until all the poor, helpless people of the world are no longer poor and helpless? That is illogic and unreasonable.
  • Options
    how bout a nice balance.....excitment in giving and joy in the present?

your ok with me, animal,,,,you know im right m you seem very resonable...

and too answer your question.....

hell YES.....isnt it time things change....

sleep tight little ones'

they get so xcited nothing gets in their way'
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    j-bird, do you realize that you are being really judgemental? Are you so perfect that you feel it's your right to look down on people like this?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    From the home page:

A few friends of Kim Warnick have put together this online auction to help raise money for the medically challenged rockstar. Kim's rock and roll resume includes playing in the legendary Fastbacks as well as Visqueen. Eddie Vedder, of Pearl Jam was kind enough to donate one of his guitars to auction off for Kim. Included in the guitar case is a handwritten two page letter from Eddie that explains the history of the guitar as well as his memories of touring with Kim. Also in this package are two signed Pearl Jam posters and an original black & white print of Eddie and Kim from their '98 tour, signed by photographer Charles Peterson. Bid now to benefit Kim Warnick and take home a piece of Rock history today.

Bid on this ultimate Pearl Jam package at charitybuzz.com

Damn, if I had the money, I would bid 150 grand.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    justam wrote:
    j-bird, do you realize that you are being really judgemental? Are you so perfect that you feel it's your right to look down on people like this?

obviously from his posts he's just trying to rapidly increase his post count...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    brainofPJ wrote:
    obviously from his posts he's just trying to rapidly increase his post count...

HAHAHA thats funny...:)
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    what does the sticker signify?

My guess...Mookie Blaylock, anyone?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    SBC03 wrote:
    My guess...Mookie Blaylock, anyone?

THe MR sticker is a Mark Richards logo..
    Mark Richards is 4 times world champion surfer that chose the setlist for the Pearl Jam Concert held in his home town of Newcastle on the 19th Nov 2006.
  • Options
    jordan on the break>>>a little something special my friends

Happy Birthday Eddie Vedder!!!

Long Live The King...........Kim we got yer back baby!

Raise the roof childeren, we are friends that help friends until
    we find home......

'write it down ina notebook' EV NEwOrleans1995