Options

is anyone else not particularly psyched on the new DHL delivery method?

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
edited January 2008 in The Porch
i got the original message from 10c that my order was being shipped on 1/17 and i just got the ITW vinyl yesterday 1/30. just short of 2 weeks.

usually i get my stuff from 2-4 days after i get the order has been shipped email from 10c.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i got the original message from 10c that my order was being shipped on 1/17 and i just got the ITW vinyl yesterday 1/30. just short of 2 weeks.

usually i get my stuff from 2-4 days after i get the order has been shipped email from 10c.

They used DHL because DHL actually has the ability to ship items directly to your local post office. If it was like mine, it arrived last week, but DHL held it until the release date 2/29, and then delivered it to the USPS for them to, in turn, deliver to you. Apparently it took an extra day for your post office to process it. Don't worry, this was just a special situation with the vinyl. Everything else will be sent the old-fashioned (and quicker) way.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    They used DHL because DHL actually has the ability to ship items directly to your local post office. If it was like mine, it arrived last week, but DHL held it until the release date 2/29, and then delivered it to the USPS for them to, in turn, deliver to you. Apparently it took an extra day for your post office to process it. Don't worry, this was just a special situation with the vinyl. Everything else will be sent the old-fashioned (and quicker) way.

Werent the books shipped with DHL as well?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    great system... the vinyl wasn't delivered till the 29th or after because it wasn't released until the 29th.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    great system... the vinyl wasn't delivered till the 29th or after because it wasn't released until the 29th.

ah, thanks. i thought we usually get shit earlier than the release date but i guess this time that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    yea that 1/17 date was wrong.....santos said somewhere that they weren't being delivered until the release date.....as for the dhl thing.....i haven't a clue what that shit is all about...:)
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    I am not particularly impressed with DHL. I understand the explanation for the vinyl delay, but with the Ames Bros book I tracked the pacakge from Seattle to Utah to San Diego over the course of two weeks. I didn't get my book until well into the new year as it sat in Utah for 5 days. I don't understand the argument for it "going directly to your local post office" either; Fedex, UPS go directly to your house. For both the Ames book and the vinyl I didn't receive the package at my house until 2 days after it arrived at my post office.
  • Options
    juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    dhl sucks....if you want reliability, and no damage, post office is best. ups is expensive to ship to residents and i see stuff get smashed up on the belts daily. i work for ups and although 99% of the time we are great, i feel for those who don't get their stuff ever, or stuff that is smashed to hell when it arrives. fedx sucks too.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    I can't say I'm happy with DHL since my record arrived all bent and broken. I emailed the 10C about it 2 days ago but they haven't responded yet. How long does it usually take them to reply?

Wes
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

The Airway Bills were created on 1/17 but Santos posted later that day and clarified that they were not shipping it until the 21st, which was the original date they announced as shipment, since they were meant to arrive no earlier than the 29th, which was the street release.
    Mine was picked up from 10C on January 23rd and arrived on the 29th which made it 4 buss days.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    Mine was picked up from 10C on January 23rd and arrived on the 29th which made it 4 buss days.

Mine was picked up on Jan 23 also and arrived on the 30th. That's 5 business days. From WA to CA only takes USPS 2 business days (maybe 3 on rare occasion if sent first class rather than priority). And it's hard to believe that shipipng w/ DHL is less expensive than USPS...just less efficient.
  • Options
    someday wrote:
    Mine was picked up on Jan 23 also and arrived on the 30th. That's 5 business days. From WA to CA only takes USPS 2 business days (maybe 3 on rare occasion if sent first class rather than priority). And it's hard to believe that shipipng w/ DHL is less expensive than USPS...just less efficient.

I agree USPS Priority Mail is much faster. When I order with 10C and they ship USPS I get it in Miami in 2 days.. :)
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    I do not get DHL why have them deliver to the post office.....WTF

I even asked a DHL delivery person and he said that it made no sense to him either.....are we paying more for the post office to do what they can do for less....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    I do not get DHL why have them deliver to the post office.....WTF

I even asked a DHL delivery person and he said that it made no sense to him either.....are we paying more for the post office to do what they can do for less....

UPS has a similar service, where they deliver to the post office and then the mail man takes it to your house... their must be like a discount or something for business to take this service, I dont see another reason why they use that... but who knows...
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    maybe it is easier for 10c to have dhl pick up all the records than having Santos get in his buggy and take them to the nearest PO =2c
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I'll let you know how I feel whenever I receive mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    I'll let you know how I feel whenever I receive mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: you haven't got it yet? i got mine on tuesday......:(
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    :eek: you haven't got it yet? i got mine on tuesday......:(
    that's not fair! I better get it tomorrow so I can have it for the weekend!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    that's not fair! I better get it tomorrow so I can have it for the weekend!

seriously....although i've been waiting for this weekend to give it a listen....:)
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    To me using DHL and the USPS in conjunction is an additional step which causes delay and increases the changes of damage or loss.

My Ames book was lost by USPS. Good thing the great guys and gals at the 10 club sent me another copy! They rock :)
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    I suggest those who aren't impressed with the DHL service to email shipping@tenclub.net and tell them about it! They might not see this thread. If a lot of people are unhappy with it, letting them know about it just might get them to change it. It will make more impact if you write a courteous email instead of just saying that "DHL sucks" or "DHL blows goats" or "DHL really puts the SNAIL in SNAIL mail."
  • Options
    I suggest those who aren't impressed with the DHL service to email shipping@tenclub.net and tell them about it! They might not see this thread. If a lot of people are unhappy with it, letting them know about it just might get them to change it. It will make more impact if you write a courteous email instead of just saying that "DHL sucks" or "DHL blows goats" or "DHL really puts the SNAIL in SNAIL mail."

not a bad idea, is anyone doing this?

i'm tempted to e-mail 10c but don't wanna bug 'em any more than they already are.

my ames book came with a very, very slight indented vertical line on the cover. it's not bad and doesn't affect the book except the cover. i'm not sure if i should care or not. what do you think?
  • Options
    Everyone is talking about tracking their order through DHL---I never got a tracking #---was I supposed to?
  • Options
    still no vinyl for me

:(