Options

led zepp at bonnaroo

Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
edited February 2008 in The Porch
my sister just called me from work to say that she just saw on cnn that LED ZEPPELIN just signed on to play bonnaroo, has anyone else heard this

and yes i know that there is already a LEZ ZEPPELIN playing
MSG 2 - 03
Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
Irving Plaza - 06
Albany - 06
Hartford - 06
East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
Bonnaroo - 08
MSG 1 & 2 - 08
Hartford - 08
Mansfield 1 - 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ive heard it, unheard it, heard it again, etc. for weeks now... until its on the 'roo sight im not believing any of it!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    yeah i'm confused too

definately going if they go
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    my2hands? where are you?
    :D
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Not true...don't you think the Promoters would say Zep is playing if they were?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Don't care... because even if Led Zeppelin is playing Bonnaroo, it won't be their only US show.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Its a chick cover band. Their name is Lez Zeppelin.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Nevermind wrote:

Close enough anyways! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Nevermind wrote:

Did you even read the entire original post?
  • Options
    and yes i know that there is already a LEZ ZEPPELIN playing
    Nevermind wrote:

i love how people dont bother reading...

the fact that chick band is there tho... as well as plant already being there... kindof all hints at a secret zep set... why else would you have a cover band there if not to hint at the real deal?? im just being optimistic...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

the fact that chick band is there tho... as well as plant already being there... kindof all hints at a secret zep set... why else would you have a cover band there if not to hint at the real deal?? im just being optimistic...

If the real deal was there...why would they book a cover band?

That's how I see it.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764

That's how I see it.

ME TOO.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options

That's how I see it.
    why would you book a cover band at all?? cover bands are jokes... the way i see it, the promoters are having a lil fun with the media and everyone whose not sure if they wanna go... its more a hint at something than anything i say... just a theory... quite frankly id prefer if zep doesnt play cause then ill be pissed i didnt go

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    well if they wanted to sell 500,000 tickets they would be blasting this thru every single radio/tv outlets in this country ..you know way more people would wan't to go ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    well if they wanted to sell 500,000 tickets they would be blasting this thru every single radio/tv outlets in this country ..you know way more people would wan't to go ..
    yah thats what i was thinking before... someone was telling me tho that they have a limit of something like 80-100,000 people tho... they must be confident that they can sell out with what they have right now / want to make sure every ticket doesnt just go to the zep fans

• Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    sgossard3 wrote:

I did read it. It said Zeppelin was playing. Under it said that Lez Zeppelin was playing too. Led Zeppelin isnt playing. The stupid media is telling you othat Zeppelin is playing and theyre not.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145

People like...uhm....US?

Zep and Pearl Jam...with a little Phil and friends to fill up the empty spaces.

Probably Warren Haynes playing with like 1/2 the bands there......

Starting to sound like it wouldn't really suck too bad. :)
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i think they would have announced it already. they already announced pearl jam and metallica being the headliners. if led zep was going to play pretty sure they would headline over PJ and metallica.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    People like...uhm....US?

Zep and Pearl Jam...with a little Phil and friends to fill up the empty spaces.

Probably Warren Haynes playing with like 1/2 the bands there......

Starting to sound like it wouldn't really suck too bad. :)

Where does it say Warren Haynes is playing? I don't see his name or Gov't Mule on the list
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Where does it say Warren Haynes is playing? I don't see his name or Gov't Mule on the list

he plays with the allman brothers
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    he plays with the allman brothers

;)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i think they would have announced it already. they already announced pearl jam and metallica being the headliners. if led zep was going to play pretty sure they would headline over PJ and metallica.

metallica friday
    pearl jam saturday
    led zeppelin sunday

pretty much the biggest music festival since woodstock
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    it's definitely LEZ Zep, not LED Zep. but since Robert Plant will be there (with Alison Krauss), I'm hoping he gets on stage with Lez Zep for a song or two. that would f'n rock.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    it's definitely LEZ Zep, not LED Zep. but since Robert Plant will be there (with Alison Krauss), I'm hoping he gets on stage with Lez Zep for a song or two. that would f'n rock.
    no ones doubting that LEZ will be there... we just wanna speculate that LED will be there as well... i encourage whatever helps people justify spending crazy $ for a mediocre lineup :p

im just still not so sure...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    no ones doubting that LEZ will be there... we just wanna speculate that LED will be there as well... i encourage whatever helps people justify spending crazy $ for a mediocre lineup :p

im just still not so sure...

yeah, i'm just saying that there may some reports of Led Zeppelin playing there because of Lez Zeppelin and any confusion from that
  • Options
    wait... mediocre lineup? not by my tastes.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

That's how I see it.

i agree with you here...makes no sense to have the real deal and a cover band
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    wait... mediocre lineup? not by my tastes.
    well i dunno... id want to see PJ, robert randolph, sigur ros, bb king, the raconteurs... and im mildly interested in drive-by truckers, mastodon, and the allman bros...

i guess its not so much a mediocre lineup... i just have seen most of them live already with the exception of sigur ros... which i REALLY wanna see at some point... but not in that atmosphere... the lineup is on the edge of being worth it... zeppelin would make it worth it... as would neil...

• Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i agree with you here...makes no sense to have the real deal and a cover band
    what about having phil lesh AND dark star orchestra... kindof the same deal... cause you know phil and "phriends" are gonna be playing some dead stuff

• Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Led Zeppelin is not playing Bonnaroo this year.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.