Options

YET ANOTHER CHANCE for the Into The Wild Ltd. Edition Vinyl w/ Bonus 7"

100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Posted at http://www.auralexploits.com

**These remaining copies will now be available for sale from 12:00 PM PST (3:00PM EST) on Monday, January 21st, 2008.**
To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Posted at http://www.auralexploits.com:

Due to the extremely limited availability of this release, orders initially placed are being reviewed and are subject to being reduced to one copy per order per our terms for limited edition releases. Once this process has been completed, any copies becoming available will be offered for sale at a strict limit of one copy per customer at the original sale price of $20.00.

Notice will be posted 24 hours prior to the remaining copies becoming available for sale.

p.s. for those that ordered more than 1 copy from AE, and are upset, here are their terms: (found at http://www.auralexploits.com/terms.php)

-We reserve the right to restrict orders of limited edition items to one copy per customer.
    In the event of abuse of this policy, we further reserve the right to cancel the entire order.
    -This policy is in place to help insure that these limited releases get into the hands of as many people as possible.
    -In the event that you have special needs for a particular release (for example you are a retail record store), please feel free to contact us regarding such items.

Very interesting. I'm happy they're doing this. I ordered a single copy from auralexploits, so this doesn't affect me, but it's good to see that the people who ordered a handful (or more), likely for the purpose of reselling them, are not going to get away with that.

Thanks for sharing!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    -This policy is in place to help insure that these limited releases get into the hands of as many people as possible.

Does anybody else get irritated as all fuck when people replace "ensure" with "insure"?

Or maybe that's just the English teacher in me speaking.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Does anybody else get irritated as all fuck when people replace "ensure" with "insure"?

good observation :) don't shoot the messenger, i just copied and pasted, but i'll edit my original post hehe
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/assure.html
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436

or maybe they use some of the money to buy insurance that covers everyone!
    :)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I do get irritated about that, but the irritation is offset by the joy of seeing an English teacher use "fuck." :)
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Fuck that, "insure" and "ensure" are NOT interchangeable, regardless of what that site says. They are completely different words with completely different meanings. The only reason some "authorities" have tried to make them interchangeable is because they realized that people are too dumb to learn the difference, and so they just gave up.

That excuse doesn't cut it for me.

• Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Ha! I wonder how many e-bay flippers this is gonna screw over :D
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Fuck that, "insure" and "ensure" are NOT interchangeable, regardless of what that site says. They are completely different words with completely different meanings. The only reason some "authorities" have tried to make them interchangeable is because they realized that people are too dumb to learn the difference, and so they just gave up.

That excuse doesn't cut it for me.
    Yeah, WSU is stating this: "To “assure” a person of something is to make him or her confident of it. According to Associated Press style, to “ensure” that something happens is to make certain that it does, and to “insure” is to issue an insurance policy." - which i agree with.

WSU is not the "other authorities." I think they are trying to give the English errors in all contents. Their entire list of English language errors is pretty entertaining: http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    godpt3 wrote:
    Ha! I wonder how many e-bay flippers this is gonna screw over :D

Not that many...

instead of buying multiple copies from one store they will just get one copy from multiple places
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    jeffbr wrote:
    I do get irritated about that, but the irritation is offset by the joy of seeing an English teacher use "fuck." :)

LMAO!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    KDH12 wrote:
    Not that many...

instead of buying multiple copies from one store they will just get one copy from multiple places

I think he was referring to those wise asses that bought lets say 10 copies and have already listed them and maybe even sold them without having the goods yet.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

Yes! And people who write "a lot" as one freakin' word- but I'm an English teacher as well. :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

Due to the extremely limited availability of this release, orders initially placed are being reviewed and are subject to being reduced to one copy per order per our terms for limited edition releases. Once this process has been completed, any copies becoming available will be offered for sale at a strict limit of one copy per customer at the original sale price of $20.00.

Notice will be posted 24 hours prior to the remaining copies becoming available for sale.

p.s. for those that ordered more than 1 copy from AE, and are upset, here are their terms: (found at http://www.auralexploits.com/terms.php)

-We reserve the right to restrict orders of limited edition items to one copy per customer.
    In the event of abuse of this policy, we further reserve the right to cancel the entire order.
    -This policy is in place to help ensure that these limited releases get into the hands of as many people as possible.
    -In the event that you have special needs for a particular release (for example you are a retail record store), please feel free to contact us regarding such items.

These remaining copies will now be available for sale from 12:00 PM PST (3:00PM EST) on Monday, January 21st, 2008.

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

These remaining copies will now be available for sale from 12:00 PM PST (3:00PM EST) on Monday, January 21st, 2008.

BUMP! Just a reminder :)

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,071

I also cringe when I see people write
    "Could of" "Would of" or "Should of" instead of "Could've" or "Could have".
  • Options
    There was a moving company where I used to live that was called 'T.I.M.E.' moving and in big letters on their truck had the acronym revealed as:

'To Insure Moving Excellence'

It would irritate me every time that stupid truck drove by! It's the name of your company! Try to have it make some sense!

(and yes, it's been pointed out that maybe they were referring to 'insurance', but 'moving excellence' cannot be 'insured' unless you really start stretching meanings...)
    'She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm...' R. Adams.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I also cringe when I see people write
    "Could of" "Would of" or "Should of" instead of "Could've" or "Could have".
    My pet peeve is people that use "utilize" to mean use. Nobody's impressed with a three-syllable word. If you're writing with a pen, you're not "utilizing" it, you're using it. MacGuyver "utilizes" a pen.