Options

Help with live version of "Alive"

Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Sorting through an old box of CD's that hadn't seen the light for some 10 years, I came across a disc titled "Stanley, Son Of Theodore - Yet Another Alternative Music Sampler", it's from 1992 and the cat. # is EK47304 (Epic/Columbia).
It's a 16 track compilation and track 7 is a live version of "Alive". Can anyone put a place and date to this version? I don't have too many early boots and it's not on any of those. The only commercialy available live version at that time was from the '92 Pink Pop festival, on the "Oceans" CD single. Help please?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Sorting through an old box of CD's that hadn't seen the light for some 10 years, I came across a disc titled "Stanley, Son Of Theodore - Yet Another Alternative Music Sampler", it's from 1992 and the cat. # is EK47304 (Epic/Columbia).
    It's a 16 track compilation and track 7 is a live version of "Alive". Can anyone put a place and date to this version? I don't have too many early boots and it's not on any of those. The only commercialy available live version at that time was from the '92 Pink Pop festival, on the "Oceans" CD single. Help please?

It's the live version from the Alive video. RKCNDY 1991.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    It's the live version from the Alive video. RKCNDY 1991.

Thank you. I have that, but it never crossed my mind to check it!
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    No reference to the topic, only to the Frank Zappa-quote ... hahaha...he saved my youth, I collected all the records (almost 70) within 4 years, I was Zappa-obsessed...but I didn't know this quote - great, really great :D
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague