Options

Bank accounts

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I had't caught up with my Pearl Jam fix in the while.

When the fixer single came out, I went back and bought a copy of the life waste vinyl single off the internet too.

then I realized I had all the pearl jam cd singles except the last album. They didn't put out any for the last album. So I found promo versions of the three singles from avacodo. Then I found the fixer single was on cd in the uk bought that.

Thats on top of 10 boxset from earlier in the year. Plus backspacer cd/vinyl. Plus tix to calgary and seattle shows. Some tshirts, airplane tickets to the west coast.

They had ames bros books plus a posted and bag at the seattle shows for 60 bux.. bought that.

I guess this is the most stuff I've purchased for my pj collection in a while.
  • Options
    4 shows in Philly = $2700!!!!

tix
    hotel
    travel costs
    new clothes & sneakers
    Halloween costume
    food $
    beer & Booze $
    weed $
    poster $
    t shirt $
    etc, etc........................... yeah...my wallet hates me right now.....fuck it...you only live once!!!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Benzor wrote:
    3 philly shows will probably cost me less than 500...what are you spending your money on?
    How can that be???

If you purchased 10club tickets for all 3 shows you are already in for $480.....Right?? Maybe a little more....

You are driving to Philly??
    You are staying at a hotel??
    You are eating 2-3 meals a day???
    You are buying a poster? a shirt?

How can you travel to Philly for 3 shows and only spend $500?????

Im going to Philly for 1 show....

tkts = 190.50
    flights = $354.50
    Total so far: $545

add poster, shirt, beer at the pre-party and meals :?
    I wish! I was spending $500 only
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    Evolver wrote:
    Guess I'm pretty lucky to live in the Philly suburbs, going to 10/30 & 10/31- just the price of tickets for me, plus other odds and ends like some tailgate food & drink (10/31 only); taking the train from my house (already own a monthly pass for that for work), and maybe buy a shirt. All in all, a pretty cheap deal for the most anticipated shows of the tour (and of the year, in Philly).
    Most anticipated??? Maybe

Most Over Hyped???? Definitely!!!!

I have a strange feeling that there are some people who are in for a big letdown. These will be Pearl Jam shows, nothing more, nothing less. I think people are building these shows up to be the 2nd coming of Christ..

And they are going to be disappointed. Just a feeling I have.

They will be great shows(most pearl jam shows are).

Not expecting too much extra, but it would darken the mood a bit to hear Halloween theme & trippy :mrgreen: songs like satan's bed, immortality, tremor christ, red mosquito, & severed hand to name a few
    But they are not going to be The Holy Grail of Pearl Jam shows....
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    Im going to Philly for 1 show....

tkts = 190.50
    flights = $354.50
    Total so far: $545

add poster, shirt, beer at the pre-party and meals :?
    I wish! I was spending $500 only

COOL Mrs Ved!!!....what show you doing?
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    How can you live on $1000 for 2-3 months????

boxman.480.jpg

dumpster.larger.jpg
    DIEHARD PEARL JAM FANS!!!!!! I saw that guy in the front row for the Seattle shows. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    Evolver wrote:
    Guess I'm pretty lucky to live in the Philly suburbs, going to 10/30 & 10/31- just the price of tickets for me, plus other odds and ends like some tailgate food & drink (10/31 only); taking the train from my house (already own a monthly pass for that for work), and maybe buy a shirt. All in all, a pretty cheap deal for the most anticipated shows of the tour (and of the year, in Philly).

I have a strange feeling that there are some people who are in for a big letdown. These will be Pearl Jam shows, nothing more, nothing less. I think people are building these shows up to be the 2nd coming of Christ..

the way the setlsts/shows have been this tour i dont think anyone can be let down it looks like it has been a great tour so far
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    How can you live on $1000 for 2-3 months????

hippies ;) :P :lol::lol:

selling grilled cheese sammiches in the parking lot f'n rawks
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Evolver wrote:

i have to disagree. not every show is created equal. PJ understands the signifcance of these shows. i expect the show on the 31st will be a little more special than most.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    huuah when I was younger I did travel to see PJ. One time Stockholm/Denmark and one time as far as Athens. Won't do that again. Didn't even buy the new album. My first PJ no-buy. Will renew my 10C just to get the new 7" (I have all the past 7"s so why miss one). All in all I'm glad I didn't spend a fortune on this band. They're not Pink Floyd, if you know what I mean :D
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Driving from Phoenix to LA tomorrow for the final three SOCAL shows and I know you can find ways to save some cash. The number one thing for me is to stay OUT of hotels! They are a rip-off! I can't get over so many hotels costing 80 plus a night just to sleep. I am going the camping route. I picked up a cheap air mattress from Target and am going to sleep at a camp site each night for dirt cheap and sleep in the car. By the time the concerts are over it'll be late enough to where you should be able to get into the campgrounds for nothing, just can't stay too late the next morning.

You can bring coolers in the car stop by your local supermarket and load up on food there which will save you from going the restaurant route every meal.

I also am looking online for a free 5 day trial to a gym so I can get my morning showers if I can't get one at the camp sites.

There are ways to save money, you just gotta be creative and do some things you may not like to normally do!

ah you warm climate people... i'd love to see you try to sleep outside in philly in late october.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    81 wrote:
    Evolver wrote:

i have to disagree. not every show is created equal. PJ understands the signifcance of these shows. i expect the show on the 31st will be a little more special than most.

what significance is that?

people were saying the same things about chicago...
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Evolver wrote:

I totally agree, they are incredibly hyped, and as long as the shows are like the rest of the tour has been thus far, I will be incredibly happy. That said, the biggest and only reason I'd be hyping these shows (particularly 10/31) is not because I'm expecting some incredible 3-hour 40-song set of super rarities and tons of guests, but moreso because I am fully expecting the crowd energy to be SECOND TO NONE in terms of PJ shows, and I think that's tough to argue against. I mean its the last show of the tour, only east coast stop on the tour, its Philly (a PJ fan hotbed), its Halloween, its the weekend, and its the closing of the Spectrum (and an increasing chance that game 3 of the World Series will be taking place next door at the exact same time, and I'm not a Phillies fan)...and on top of this, most of the fans at the 10/31 show will be 10C members, thanks to the crazy amount of club tix they obviously got. So when you add this up, you can't help but think that the crowd noise and energy will be way off the charts, regardless of whether the band plays a setlist for the ages. THAT's why I'd hype the Philly shows ;)
  • Options
    Seriously....

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

I'm a member. You can request a place to crash (for free) and then choose from a list of members based on location, M/F ect. There's a rating system for both the surfer & surfee so there is incentive to be a great host or guest. Alot of folks have more than a couch and will allow more than one person to crash at their place.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Benzor wrote:
    3 philly shows will probably cost me less than 500...what are you spending your money on?

Hookers and blow...oh wait! :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam