Options

So what do you have to be thankful for this year?

AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I feel we live in an age where we aren't as thankful as we should be. so its always nice to remember the little things as well as the big... anything you are thankful for this year and the next and the next. and let us all remember how fortunate we are and how easy it is to take things for granted.

i'll start...

Im thankful for:
1. my loving family who supports me in every way
2. the most amazing man that i probably couldn't even dream up thats how good he is
3. Pearl jam! (shocking i know)
4. Chuck Palahniuk
5. Organ Donors (oh man am i ever)
6. kit kats
7. my friends (here and otherwise)
8. every song thats ever made me feel something deep down
9. pink lady apples
10. my amazing apartment
11. my hopefully big bonus this year (i hope i didnt jinx that)
12. love. i just had to say it again...

those are my random flotsem and jetsem for now... so lets all remember why we are lucky...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    this year and every year...my 3 kids and how they are like my muses in life.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,777
    I'm thankful that my mom survived her heart attack in August and that I am blessed that my parents are still with me and are still in remarkably good health.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i am thankful for the aspects in my life i take for granted.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    I'm thankful for my sweet little girl, her wonderful dad and the rest of our family. :)
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im thankful for my family, my fiance, my good health, my ability to standup for myself even when everyone is against me, my job, however shitty it is, and many more things.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Mostly my gorgeous son. Luckily he has my looks and his dads brains... so far. I'm thankful for that. :D

My mum and her continuous support...
  • Options
    E V E R Y T H I N G ! :D

sure, if i wanted to be nitpicky, i could find minor faults with this year, but mostly within myself. beyond that, this has been one kick-ass year for me :)....unbelievably happy, and i hope just the start of a major upswing in life. i am soooooooooo thankful so much has turned around, after a lot of hard work....but a true labor of love. ;) so yes, i am happy for every damn insignificant little smile to every great big joy.....and everything in between. i know i have always been blessed, most of us are....but i have felt TRULY blessed and loved this year.

here's to appreciating it....being thankful....and hell yes, MORE! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I'm thankful that my mom survived her heart attack in August and that I am blessed that my parents are still with me and are still in remarkably good health.
    Oh wow...that is something to be thankful for. I hope she is feeling much better.

AllIAm...you are such a good person. I am happy you have so much to be thankful for.
    I am an organ donor...I hope someone is thankful for that someday. :)

I am thankful for my friends and family.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    E V E R Y T H I N G ! :D

sure, if i wanted to be nitpicky, i could find minor faults with this year, but mostly within myself. beyond that, this has been one kick-ass year for me :)....unbelievably happy, and i hope just the start of a major upswing in life. i am soooooooooo thankful so much has turned around, after a lot of hard work....but a true labor of love. ;) so yes, i am happy for every damn insignificant little smile to every great big joy.....and everything in between. i know i have always been blessed, most of us are....but i have felt TRULY blessed and loved this year.

here's to appreciating it....being thankful....and hell yes, MORE! :D

amen to every word you said... im glad someone else gets to feel this good as well!!

cheers to appreciating it!
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Oh wow...that is something to be thankful for. I hope she is feeling much better.

AllIAm...you are such a good person. I am happy you have so much to be thankful for.
    I am an organ donor...I hope someone is thankful for that someday. :)

I am thankful for my friends and family.

oh there is a reason or 2 behind that one.. organ donors are the best people in the world! i love you all that do.

and Tracey you have no idea what kind of happiness it will bring them... its truly amazing
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    AllIAm wrote:
    oh there is a reason or 2 behind that one.. organ donors are the best people in the world! i love you all that do.

and Tracey you have no idea what kind of happiness it will bring them... its truly amazing
    I am thankful that pjjammas has you. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Reality
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The adoring millions. :D
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm thankful that my mom survived another round of chemo and the cancer is once again gone (for good i hope :) ), my family, friends (including many people here) and this little guy......:)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    kids & wife ,parents but this yr is ending on a sad note for me being that my mother inlaw is very ill dr's have said she doesn't have much longer to live ,i just don't wan't her to suffer anymore ......sorry to bring this into this thread but i do have to give thanks to her for being a great mother in law to me ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    The usual good things - chocolate, white cheddar cheese popcorn, lemonade

but, this year it's something new - classes on how to knit socks:D I'm so thankful for that! Next year's Christmas Gifts here I come!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    AllIAm wrote:
    I feel we live in an age where we aren't as thankful as we should be. so its always nice to remember the little things as well as the big... anything you are thankful for this year and the next and the next. and let us all remember how fortunate we are and how easy it is to take things for granted.

i'll start...

Im thankful for:
    1. my loving family who supports me in every way
    2. the most amazing man that i probably couldn't even dream up thats how good he is
    3. Pearl jam! (shocking i know)
    4. Chuck Palahniuk
    5. Organ Donors (oh man am i ever)
    6. kit kats
    7. my friends (here and otherwise)
    8. every song thats ever made me feel something deep down
    9. pink lady apples
    10. my amazing apartment
    11. my hopefully big bonus this year (i hope i didnt jinx that)
    12. love. i just had to say it again...

those are my random flotsem and jetsem for now... so lets all remember why we are lucky...

You're forgetting the Boston Red Sox and "Lost" discussions on the board. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i am mostly thankful PJ toured Europe again so soon... and not the US ;)

i am also thankful for my lungs working
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    ... off the top of my head, for my mom getting so much better health-wise after being in very poor condition from April-July.

:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I am thankful for:

My brother making a full recovery from his life threating illness
    Doctors, and Nurses who dedicate their lives to saving
    My Boss for being the best boss ever
    My husband putting up with someone like me :)
    My family being close after all we've been through
    Having the things I need
    Learning life's lessons
  • Options
    my parents and friends...

and thats about it.
  • Options
    My family and friends and that I'm alive.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I thank God for my blessings each and every day, not just on Thanksgiving day. But gosh darnit I love Thanksgiving :) It's my favorite holiday!!

Let's see,
    I am thankful that I am healthy
    for my friends and family
    my relationship with God
    that I'm home and I live in NY
    That I have a job!
    and that I have enough food to eat and a roof over my head. It's chilly out there!

and all the cool people I've met here and getting to conversate about the Yankees, through this crazy season and into the next one!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    my family, friends and the one i love, and that we're all healthy. having a good job, roof over my head. so many things to be grateful for.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:

Isn't everyone here an organ donor? :confused: If you're not why not? It costs nothing and you'll know nothing about it.

I'm thankful for everything this year... just life itself and all the endless possibilities that are open to each of us :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    A great job, a wide open future, a new confidence, and the Pit.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I am thankful for:

My brother making a full recovery from his life threating illness
    Doctors, and Nurses who dedicate their lives to saving
    My Boss for being the best boss ever
    My husband putting up with someone like me :)
    My family being close after all we've been through
    Having the things I need
    Learning life's lessons

Im so happy for you! ive been keeping up with your thread and i would hold my breath every time i opened it. your brother now has the chance to truly enjoy life through the eyes of someone who almost lost it.

and I'm sorry Solat!!! i forgot the red sox.. how does someone do that?!?!?!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    that PJ came back to Europe and all the friendships that it re-enforced/created :D