Options

Ozzy is not the Prince of darkness

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited January 2006 in Other Music
hey is the Sting of Darkness. Becasue both him and Sting were in cool bands that most people really like, but everything the have done since pretty much sucks. has anyone heard worse covers then shit off teh new osbourne under cover album? what a fucking joke. Prince on the other hand is cool. therefore from now on Ozzy is teh Sting of Darkness
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Actually I find the early solo career of both, Ozzy and Sting, pretty charming... but yeah, they went downhill and today both of them bore and annoy me to death. I've been to concerts of both many years ago -well, like 8 or something- and they were pretty cool experiences, but now I wouldn't go for anything, even if it was for free I'd have to think it twice.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    Yes he is.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Ever since The Osbournes made it's debut, I haven't looked at Ozzy the same way.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Matthew fucking Heafy will be the "new Prince of Darkness" in the near future..and he is only 19..

but Ozzy will always be the original.
  • Options
    Ozzy is the prince of darkness because without Black Sabbath there would be no metal/altnerative rock/anything as we know it.

just as punk rock wouldn't exist without the Who.

long live prince Ozzy as far as i'm concerned..

sure his solo career has been lacking... but attribute that to people like Zach Wylde who overdo every guitar track they've ever done more than ozzy..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Ozzy is the prince of darkness because without Black Sabbath there would be no metal/altnerative rock/anything as we know it.

just as punk rock wouldn't exist without the Who.

long live prince Ozzy as far as i'm concerned..

sure his solo career has been lacking... but attribute that to people like Zach Wylde who overdo every guitar track they've ever done more than ozzy..

I'm not saying he's not influential but thanks for missing out on my point. What I said is they shouldn't call him the "prince" of darkness rather the "sting" becasue of his wretched solo career. if he was teh "Prince" of Darkness then you know he could bring the funk AND wail on guitar
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    hey is the Sting of Darkness. Becasue both him and Sting were in cool bands that most people really like, but everything the have done since pretty much sucks. has anyone heard worse covers then shit off teh new osbourne under cover album? what a fucking joke. Prince on the other hand is cool. therefore from now on Ozzy is teh Sting of Darkness

Dumbest... post... ever...
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    Greatest... post... ever...

Thank you, it's nice to be loved
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    mrwalkerb wrote:

I love Sabbath's first eight albums...and I love The Police's first four records. These are some of my favorites indeed. But Jesus H., dude, have you ever listened to Diary of A Madman???!!! Over the Mountain alone pretty much tops anything he did on Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die with Black Sabbath. He needed a change after the latter. Nothing Like the Sun, Soul Cages or Bring on the Night, IMO, are soooooooo much better than Syncroniciity? I think Sting needed out of Police after their last original one too (Stewart Copeland is my all-time fave drummer).

I don't care for Ozzy's solo stuff these days (since Bark at the Moon) -- although I did see Sabbath in Detroit this past summer and it was a real treat considering...

Oh, and I never really think of Oz as a Prince of Darkness...Maybe Sharon and the chit-rens do, but I don't.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    hey man I was just making a play on words on how Prince rules and I don't like Ozzy. no everyone is mad at me, except for teh guy who said "greatest post ever" that was cool
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    No More Tears being somewhat of an exception, and also maybe his EARLY solo work, Ozzy just isn't that good stand alone. Black Sabbath kinda went downhill after he was fired, as well. They didn't hit bottom, however, until Ronnie James Dio left in '83.

I know some of you are gonna want to kick my ass, but with the exception of "Every Breath You Take," and "Message In A Bottle," I didn't really like the police. And Sting has always sucked solo. He had his moments, however.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    Ozzy's early solo stuff is spectacular... He is and always will be the Prince of Darkness...although I agree his new stuff is a bit soft. You can't say anything bad about his days with Randy Rhodes or Jake E Lee however!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I like Sting's solo stuff :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    i don't like what ozzy has done after his departure from Black Sabbath...The Osbournes is just one example...
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>