Options

Club Quarters-Philly

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited May 2009 in The Porch
anyone else staying here for the Ed show? I got a good rate on it. Can any Philly locals tell me about the area it is in, restaurants, access to Upper Darby from here. Thanks friends.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    I stayed at the CQ for the 2006 shows. Nice hotel. There was a 24 hour diner a couple streets over. I think there was a mall nearby. This does not help you at all as I don't know anything about the area. But I thought I would say I was happy with my stay there.
  • Options
    I live in Philly, and I can tell you that the Club Quarters is right smack in Center City. It's a great area with a lot to do within walking distance. The restaurants are great around there, but some are pricey. Plenty of bars within blocks.

Also, getting to the Tower Theater is a breeze. If you are driving, you literally just drive west on Walnut Street through West Philly to Upper Darby, or you can take the Subway from 15th and Market (2 blocks from Club Quarters) to 69th St. The Subway terminal is across the street from the Tower Theater. Subway is 2 bucks each way. Parking around the Tower Theater is difficult so I recommend the Subway, but I would make sure you are riding with at least one other person. I wouldn't wanna ride through West Philly without a friend or two.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I stayed at the CQ for the 2006 shows. Nice hotel. There was a 24 hour diner a couple streets over. I think there was a mall nearby. This does not help you at all as I don't know anything about the area. But I thought I would say I was happy with my stay there.

me too. we had no complaints
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV