Options

when and where can europe watch tonight show?

redeyeredeye Posts: 620
edited May 2009 in The Porch
not sure if already posted, can we get this show on sky, freeview, or net ?

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    i'm sure it will be online at nbc.com or at least youtube.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    youtube june 2-- i mean 2 june.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838668/site/14081545/

CNBC Europe

The Tonight Show can be seen in Europe on CNBC Europe, Mondays to Fridays at 11pm GMT. It airs on a 1-show delay from the US (except for Sundays and Mondays). Reruns can be seen on weekends at 8pm GMT.

Schedules in the past

Starting on December 1, 1993, CNBC Europe (then known as NBC Super Channel) used to show the full version of the Tonight Show everyday, but changed to a condensed weekday version on March 26, 2007, to make room for additional business programming. Late Night with Conan O'Brien was also shown on weekdays, but was relegated to weekends only when the business programming expanded.

2009 changes

At the start of 2009, CNBC made some changes to their schedules. The Tonight Show With Jay Leno now airs at 11pm GMT Monday-Friday in cutdown 30-minute condensed editions, and at 8pm (two episodes) GMT on weekends in full 45-minute edits. Late Night With Conan O'Brien is no longer shown on CNBC at all. The Tonight Show airs on CNBC on a 1-show delay from the US (so the show that airs on NBC in America on Fridays is shown on Mondays on CNBC, Tuesday's America show airs on Wednesdays on CNBC, etc.)

CNBC Europe have confirmed they will show the Tonight Show when it will be hosted by Conan O'Brien, who takes over from Jay Leno in June 2009. It is thought that the same schedule times will be kept. [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tonigh ... _countries
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    thats great, thanks all :D
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    norm wrote:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838668/site/14081545/

CNBC Europe

The Tonight Show can be seen in Europe on CNBC Europe, Mondays to Fridays at 11pm GMT. It airs on a 1-show delay from the US (except for Sundays and Mondays). Reruns can be seen on weekends at 8pm GMT.

Schedules in the past

Starting on December 1, 1993, CNBC Europe (then known as NBC Super Channel) used to show the full version of the Tonight Show everyday, but changed to a condensed weekday version on March 26, 2007, to make room for additional business programming. Late Night with Conan O'Brien was also shown on weekdays, but was relegated to weekends only when the business programming expanded.

2009 changes

At the start of 2009, CNBC made some changes to their schedules. The Tonight Show With Jay Leno now airs at 11pm GMT Monday-Friday in cutdown 30-minute condensed editions, and at 8pm (two episodes) GMT on weekends in full 45-minute edits. Late Night With Conan O'Brien is no longer shown on CNBC at all. The Tonight Show airs on CNBC on a 1-show delay from the US (so the show that airs on NBC in America on Fridays is shown on Mondays on CNBC, Tuesday's America show airs on Wednesdays on CNBC, etc.)

CNBC Europe have confirmed they will show the Tonight Show when it will be hosted by Conan O'Brien, who takes over from Jay Leno in June 2009. It is thought that the same schedule times will be kept. [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tonigh ... _countries

Thanks for the info Norm! :)

Just to add to that... it looks like CNBC is on Sky Channel 505 for satelite viewers in the UK. So fingers crossed we will get to see it in a couple of weeks.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i'm sure it will be online at nbc.com or at least youtube.
    pretty sure nbc.com blocks non-US people :? (thank god for TPB!!)

what I'd like to know is how to see it live :mrgreen: (yep, I'm ready to get up in the middle of the night for that) ..anybody want to volunteer to stream it?? ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    SO WHAT CAN WE DO?WHERE TO SEE IT LIVE?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,392
    So we get it on 1-show delay apart from Sundays and Mondays. June 1st is Monday, so do UK folks get to see it on the Monday night?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    The Rock wrote:
    So we get it on 1-show delay apart from Sundays and Mondays. June 1st is Monday, so do UK folks get to see it on the Monday night?
    no I think it's Tuesday.
    Monday night in LA means Tuesday early hours in Europe...so they show it in the evening.
    that's how it works for The Daily Show at least.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,392
    Pegasus wrote:
    The Rock wrote:
    no I think it's Tuesday.
    Monday night in LA means Tuesday early hours in Europe...so they show it in the evening.
    that's how it works for The Daily Show at least.

Cool, thanks. Time to put Sky Planner to use!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II