Options

'95 soldier field

dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Just curious of how many board members were at this show? If so, do you still have your ticket with your name on it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I was there. still have my ticket. my first concert ever (of any band). seen PJ over 50 times since then.

10C #128xxx.

see you in Chicago!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    It was my first PJ show. I hav'nt been as close to the stage/band since then. I was a member back then also. I am aslo one of the dumbasses who let my membership expire. Now i'm about 15 shows later & #396xxx.
  • Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    I was there! But I never took any pics... Does anyone have Pictures of this show? I have never seen any...

LW
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    My first PJ show!! I will never forget.
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Ohhhh, you just brought a chill. Yep I was there and still have my ticket. I have an awesome picture of my little sister and I in the lot on top of the short yellow school bus my friend used to drive. What a beautiful day what a beautiful night!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    i was there. people were crowd surfing to otis rush. haha
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    I was there, and so were 10,000 dead-heads (in the parking lot). I remember getting a killer burrito for $0.50 from some guy cooking in the back of a pickup truck. The show was just after the GD played their final show ever. My best memory is when they turned on the lights during Yellow Ledbetter... oh and the full moon and the fireworks were pretty great too. My second PJ show and still my favorite
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 575
    I was there, great time.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    demaydemay Posts: 67
    wow...my first pj show and first real rock show ever. I was too stoned to remember anything, though, and it was such a long day, sitting through Otis Rush and Bad Religion. No clue where my ticket is. Not my fav PJ show, but memorable more for the experience of it all.
  • Options
    RevolutnRevolutn Posts: 6
    I was there. Was not a TC member at that time.

I sat about as far away as one could be at that show and still be technically INSIDE soldier field lol but it was my 1st PJ show.

The members looked like ants scurrying slowly about the stage. :shock:

t's my least favorite show perhaps ever just because how awful the seats, sight line and even sound was from that far back, but it didn't change my love for the songs or the group, and I've seen much better PJ shows subsequently, thank God. :lol:

I *think I have the stub somewhere in a box full of memorabilia, I used to save all my concert stubs...always thought I'd make a kick ass like I dunno scrap book or something but never did .... ah good intentions..how often I haz them and how often they never come to fruition :roll:
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    yes there, yes have the stub too.

loved that night, one of the best shows as far as the experience. I loved his rip on Q101 Ed at his best

last show I ever moshed at for PJ too fucking old and careful nowadys
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I was there too. My first PJ show. I was a fan before but this show started my addiction. I don't have my ticket anymore but my sister has hers. Every once in a while I check ebay to see if anyone is selling one. If anyone has an extra they want to trade pm me.
  • Options
    cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 134
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I loved his rip on Q101 Ed at his best

Wasn't this the.... "This is not fucking for you" rant?

I've got the boot for this show... loved it. Right after my 1st PJ experience at Summerfest.... my only regret is that I was working in BFE and away from all rockin' stages hosting PJ between 91-95.

Anyone remember Summerfest... and Eddie channeling a little Neil Diamond?
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    pimp show. got ticket. the dead kept their stage set up for the jams to use. how nice.
  • Options
    TheSeekerTheSeeker Posts: 66
    I was there too and It =was fucking great because I was in the parking lot when the Dead were playing too.
    I have my stub but I wasnt a "Vitalogy Health Club" member yet, It is brown with a beetle that has Pearl Jam written on its back.
    One of the Best Summers Ever in Chi-Town.
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    redmosquito85redmosquito85 Posts: 153
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    I was there! But I never took any pics... Does anyone have Pictures of this show? I have never seen any...

LW

I have never been able to locate any photos of that show anywhere
  • Options
    PolicemanPoliceman Posts: 61
    It was my first of many Pearl Jam shows! It was amazing besides the people yelling behind me "Play Jeremy".
    I still have my tickets on display with the rest of my tickets in my Pearl Jam Family room. I almost got that design as my tattoo, but changed my mind. Great show the early years of my Habit.
    Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    I also remember Eddie thanking The Dead for leaving up their stage & saying he can still find joints on it. I have the Monkey Wrench release of the show. I remember how excited I was when I found it at Evil Clown Records in Chicago. I think I paid $50 for it. Well worth it.
    The anticipation of this show was by far the most stressfull of any show (not just PJ) I went thru. You remember, the whole canceled, uncanceled, canceled & finally hapening thing. I still have the t-shirt I bought from the parking lot. There is some shakey videos on youtube from this. So there is a full vidoe somewhere. I would love to have it.

By far my best PJ show/experience/memory etc...
  • Options
    I was there, my first Pearl Jam show. I have the Red Robin Bootleg of the show, still crank it up for Everyday People. Wasn't a member then, got the ticket tattooed on me left shoulder... See you guys in August!
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    I was there too, it was my second PJ show, and one of my fondest teenage memories. :) I originally didn't have tix to the show - I tried thru VHC & TM lotto, but didn't get them. I did go to the milwaukee show the night before - had 7th row thru 10club. I was so bummed that I couldn't get tix to the chicago show - my own home town, that I decided to hit up my local Soundwarehouse to buy some music that day. While in the store, a guy from my HS walked in and held his hand up saying "I HAVE TWO PJ TIX FOR TONIGHT"!! This was at 5pm, and I was all the way in the back of the store, and I SCREAMED, "I'LL TAKE THEM"!!!! I called my buddy and we drove straight to the train station. Got there just in time to see Bad Religion take the stage ! :D We got up a little more than half-way on the floor/grass whatever - I was up against one of the barriers and was crushed the whole show - but I didn't even care (I think I would more so today now that I am older though, lol). I had bruises on my torso for weeks after that show.

I have a video of this show too, fun to watch every now and then, even though it isn't the best quality.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    BH22295 wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

I've got the boot for this show... loved it. Right after my 1st PJ experience at Summerfest.... my only regret is that I was working in BFE and away from all rockin' stages hosting PJ between 91-95.

Yep caught those two shows. Forever in Blue Jeans!!!!! I peed my pants.
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    It was my first PJ show as well. My best friends' boyfriend at the time got us tickets, and I don't know what happened to the stub, but soon after I made an iron on shirt at Kinko's with the ticket stub on the back, and a picture of Ed on the front, with a cool lettering of Vitalogy. I still have that shirt!
    I loved that show, and it made me even more of a fan of the band after seeing them.
    I also remember all the Dead fans there hanging out, looking very sad that PJ was the band playing that night, and not the Dead coming back for another show.
    I was in the "mosh pit" and I finally made it to about the 3rd row back during Everyday People, it was awesome!
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    I was there... don't have my ticket stub but remember it well... it had a beatle on it.
    Got the poster... this was my second show... first one was a couple nights before in Milwaukee.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    BH22295 wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Thunder and Lighting hell Yeah! EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SebastianBSebastianB Posts: 19
    I was there. Third PJ show, the only one where I was in the front row (have been 2nd and 4th/5th since then). Still amazed that I got to see them that night. The crowd was so intense. Still have the ticket somewhere.
  • Options
    My first PJ concert and my last dead concert. I couldn't sleep after that show- it just blew me away. I have been a die hard ever since. First time hearing Lukin and Habit- amazing. GReat Post
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    oh...not sleeping after dead shows...

8-)
  • Options
    TM18022TM18022 Posts: 30
    My first show...I was a lucky man that night
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    This was my first concert, I was 15 years old. I tried and tried to get tickets off the radio station, and considered going to a local broker to buy WAY overpriced tickets. The morning of I got a phone call from a neighbor down the street. She asked me if I wanted to go see Pearl Jam that night. One of the purest moments of joy in my whole life. Her father was a VP at Sony and gave me and the neighbors husband tickets. So instead of a name on top, it says "Sony/Epic". I've repeatedly exaggerated my experience during "Immortality" by reporting an inappropriate bodily response. I also bought the Red Robin boot...$70 for me, from Rolling Stones Records on Irving Park. Since the ticket didn't cost me a cent, I figure it evened out.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,479
    I was supposed to be there, working the parking lot. My car broke down and I couldnt make it.

My friends got in to see the show. Ah well, I've made up for it since then.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.