Options

day before pj's 8/21 show, wanna catch a ball game? :)

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Day before the Pearl Jam show! There's a sweet baseball game at the Roger's Centre. Blue Jay's vs The Red Sox's! Who's attending?

And who's interested in a get together party after the baseball game?
hmm ...

:mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Scored tickets to the game! Section 127! :) See you at the ball game!
  • Options
    so who else is going to the jay's vs red sox's game thursday night? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i would love to...cept my flight is friday morning...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    i would love to...cept my flight is friday morning...

d'oh! then friday afternoon party, we shall! :)
  • Options
    so yeah, who's all going to the baseball game the night before the pearl jam toronto show?

:D
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    demetrios wrote:
    so yeah, who's all going to the baseball game the night before the pearl jam toronto show?

:D

I'm always down for a Jays game..... but I have my own league on Thursday nights. Admission is free and I can guarantee you seats within 20 feet of home plate!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I've got a seasons pass for the jays and a media pass that can get me in too...I'll probably be there...
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Staying at the Rogers Centre Hotel and also going to the game Thursday night! Can't wait.
  • Options
    grapejamgrapejam Posts: 10
    We reserved window seats @ the hard rock. $10 per with a $30 min food/ beverage per, figured well spend that on molson & nachos & relax esp after a nice 9 hr drive. Don't need to walk around the skydome, went to wrestlemania 6 there nothing special as far as ballparks are concerned. An after party would be nice, either night 4sho...
    Albany, Uniondale, Mansfield 1,2,3 2003
    Boston 1, 2, Reading, Toledo 2004
    Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Albany, Hartford, Boston 1, 2, Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo, MSG 2, Mansfield 1, 2, EV Boston 1, Harlem 1 2008
    Toronto, Philly 2, 4 2009
    Hartford, Boston 2010
  • Options
    i'm checking out on an after party that thursday night, after the baseball game! :)
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Haven't got my ticket yet, but I'm still planning on being there that night.
  • Options
    evolvedmammalevolvedmammal Posts: 187
    i got tix for Saturdays game the day after the concert Jays vs. Angels
    05 - St. Johns I II
    06 - Toronto I II
    08 - DC NYC I II
    09 - Calgary Toronto
    11 - Calgary Edmonton
    13 - Calgary

Openers : Cant Keep, Small Town, Severed Hand, Release X3, Hard to Imagine X2, Why Go, Of the Girl X2, Wash,.......
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    For all those planning to go; order tix in advance.
    When the Red Sox and Yankees are in town it's always super busy and it's the only times all season that certain price ranges sell out. It won't be as easy as usual to walk up and score a cheap seat.
  • Options
    Awesome idea. Me and my friend did it in '05. Jays vs Yanks. Great way to kick off a PJ vacation. Enjoy all who are lucky enough to go, as I wish I were. :D
  • Options
    So yeah, who's down? Afterparty, maybe a drink or 2 @ ?
    Let me know, i'm bringing Pearl Jam freebies! ;)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    I'm doing the same thing for the seattle shows... Seeing Mariners vs. Yankees the day before the 1st pj show.

I used to go see a game a year when I lived in Victoria, but I moved to Alberta a few years ago, so getting the chance to see a ball game and a few pj shows is a pretty sweet deal.

I've only ever seen one game at Skydome, back in '98, clemens pitched a winner though, it was pretty sweet!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm debating going, just need to figure out how ready I'm going to be for school!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    I've only ever seen one game at Skydome, back in '98, clemens pitched a winner though, it was pretty sweet!

Would of loved to see Clemens pitch. Or even the day's of the World Series '92/'93 Blue Jay's.
    Remember Roberto Alomar? "Catch the taste!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnu9DCLJtRE
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    OH man that video reminds me of the the Jr Jays program that used to come around to schools handing out blue jays bicycle safety comics and other stuff. good times!
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    OH man that video reminds me of the the Jr Jays program that used to come around to schools handing out blue jays bicycle safety comics and other stuff. good times!

I never got one of those comics! :(
  • Options
    So yea, i'm bumping, and probably be taking pm's or make a list. All that are attending we should meet after the game @ a local bar. What say's you? :)
  • Options
    I was just looking for this thread, thanks for the bump. Just ordered my ticket for the game and will be in section 105.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    D ...me and my buddy are in ..would prob just grab some scalped tix at the door..drop me a pm

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    D ...me and my buddy are in ..would prob just grab some scalped tix at the door..drop me a pm

Muddy

pm sent! :)
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'll be in section 120 and would definitely be up for post-game drinks.
    I looked online & it appears the pitching matchup will be Lester vs Halladay.
    Here's hoping it's a duel on par with the last MLB game I saw in person...article linked below.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseba ... ankees_ap/
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    I remember listening to that game on the radio. That was the last thing I ever did with that radio, as it found itself in many pieces in the trash can later that night.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    i have tickets to the game also
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    Here's hoping it's a duel on par with the last MLB game I saw in person...article linked below.

I think Halladay pitches on the Wednesday game. He pitches every day that ends in a four or a nine. When there's an off day during the week, the Blue Jays switch to a four man rotation. That way he can pitch on every fifth day.

An article on the Blue Jays site just confirmed Halladay won't be pitching that game. If Cecil is healthly, then he should be the one starting that game.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Yefa wrote:

I think Halladay pitches on the Wednesday game. He pitches every day that ends in a four or a nine. When there's an off day during the week, the Blue Jays switch to a four man rotation. That way he can pitch on every fifth day.

An article on the Blue Jays site just confirmed Halladay won't be pitching that game. If Cecil is healthly, then he should be the one starting that game.

You're right. It will be Lester vs Cecil. Halladay will pitch vs the Angels on the Friday.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    i'll be there!!!