Options

unhappy record store day

sixandempanadasixandempanada Posts: 66
edited April 2009 in The Porch
so heres the deal .. having to work a crap load of hours due to a possible strike at work , i missed rsd here in houston . a friend of my was going to pcik up the my morning jacket 10" for me . instead went to baseball game with girlfriend ...tried calling my local record store and they are sold out ...

if anyone picked up an extra or wants to get rid of the one they have , pm me please!!!

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I wasn't able to get one either but I just ordered one from Music Direct. Gonna be more expensive but who cares so long as I get my copy. None of the record stores around here even got one copy it.

http://www.musicdirect.com//
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    rcs wrote:
    I wasn't able to get one either but I just ordered one from Music Direct. Gonna be more expensive but who cares so long as I get my copy. None of the record stores around here even got one copy it.

Doesn't ordering it online defeat the purpose of record store day? :lol: I'm not trying to be a douche, I would have done the same thing
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    rcs wrote:

Doesn't ordering it online defeat the purpose of record store day? :lol: I'm not trying to be a douche, I would have done the same thing

I totally agree and had a 15 minute conversation about that with one of the employees at a store today. Still... at least I get a copy. :D

I did pick up many other goodies today though. I'm going to be up quite late taking it all in!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    rcs wrote:
    rcs wrote:

I totally agree and had a 15 minute conversation about that with one of the employees at a store today. Still... at least I get a copy. :D

I did pick up many other goodies today though. I'm going to be up quite late taking it all in!

I always feel kind of guilty when I order stuff online. I usually end up overcompensating and buying way more than I can afford at my local record store Criminal Records. :D
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    I pre-ordered mine (MMJ 10") a month ago from SoundStageDirect.com along with the Watchmen Soundtrack LP...should be arriving here on Monday or Tuesday

YB
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    My local record store was jam packed, never seen the place like that before. I spent every minute of my lunch break driving there and looking for the MMJ EP but it was so packed I couldn't move. No one knew where it was either and we couldn't find the owner, who i asked if they would have it and he said yes. Maybe they sold out. Regardless, i was amazed, i could barely move in there. Did get the Chocolate and Ice EP though so that was cool.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Hey my daughter works at a record store and they had RSD today. She doesn't work again until Monday but if you are still looking I can have her see if they still have it.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    I always feel kind of guilty when I order stuff online.

i don't! many of my local record stores charge way more then what i can buy online. finding import's & rare items is the only reason i hang out at the stores! insound.com is a great place for all your vinyl needs, online! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

i don't! many of my local record stores charge way more then what i can buy online. finding import's & rare items is the only reason i hang out at the stores! insound.com is a great place for all your vinyl needs, online! :)

I try to spend my money locally as much as I can, but you're right, record stores charge alot. Next week when the new dylan cd comes out, I can buy it for 9.99 at Target or 16.99 at a record store. It's a no brainer.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    demetrios wrote:

I try to spend my money locally as much as I can, but you're right, record stores charge alot. Next week when the new dylan cd comes out, I can buy it for 9.99 at Target or 16.99 at a record store. It's a no brainer.

yep! that's one reason why i don't buy my cd's & dvd's from my local record stores.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i ordered the MMJ online because Waco doesn't even have a record store. we have a Hasting's & a Best Buy. aside from those places, you have to head to Target or Wally World.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I think aural exploits still has it