Options

A Little Disappointing =/

2»

Comments

• Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    halszka123 wrote:
    Mike said, that he was afraid of Eddie, said that Eddie and Stone have strong personality. I think Eddie used to say what he thinks in this moment. Maybe now he is more well-manered. I wouldn't be supsised. Sometimes persons with charisma are this way -this is one of that things that attract other people. That's why U can like or dislike them, but cannot ignore them. Big agvantage, but big disadvantage also (or we just see it bigger)

I agree. These people simply can't be denied - just like Kurt Cobain. They might have been wrong many many times but you still forget those things because you're affected.

I am not disappointed at all. I love this band since 1992 and I have been paying attention to Eddie's public movements and yes, sometimes he was not so kind to others/press/some bands - but we all know about his anger towards 90's press and MTV policy...he tried to find his way to his peace and this way must have been hard. This process was long and I could see only the public happenings but he managed to be a better man...that's why he is so acceptable and authentic for me.
    True, he was paving the way for many many many MANY pretenders who are actually never can have the same "perfection" / professionality and honest behaviour.
    However I may be wrong 'cos I only have seen the man on stage from the first rows and once shook his hands during a show...so I don't know him personally but he is still my favourite performer and the celebrity I have been disappointed the least in the last 15 years if you know what I mean. My maximum respect goes out to 99% of his work so he could be the Satan :rolleyes: himself: I wouldn't give a fuck about that fact.:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Who really knows what happened here.
    Honestly it's too long ago to really care.

Ed was apparently drunk (that's a likely back then) and who knows how it really went down. I bet Ed doesn't remember it.

The guys could have been being stupid assholes themselves; I've met many a small band with bigger egos than deserved.
    Maybe they said something stupid or Ed misunderstood something and it pissed him off.
    Maybe Ed was just in a bad mood.
    Maybe Ed just wanted privacy and he wanted them to go away.
    Maybe...Blah blah blah.

He was drunk, that's the key statement here...not something you really wanna look up too with starry eyes. Being drunk can make many people assholes without them even trying.

Sadly being human means you sometimes fall and don't always live up to others expectations.
    That’s life.
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Surf Life wrote:
    Sadly being human means you sometimes fall and don't always live up to others expectations.
    That’s life.

And isn't that what Eddie has preached to us all about himself? Makes me think of the "That's what I've been trying to tell you - I'm not your fucking Messiah" - shove - spit - punch - uh oh incident - that Eddie was involved in many moons ago.

Really do think that DRUNK is the key word in the entire story!!!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put much stock into what some dude said. Maybe it happened. Maybe it didn't. I wouldn't let it shake your faith in humanity.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Man what people would say about me and have said about me when they have had one encounter with me especially if that said encounter was when i was wasted.

You hear stories like this and then you hear stories from people that say how cool ed is too.

What can you do. Just enjoy the music.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Imagining a drunk Ed saying that made me laugh.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."