Options

A Little Disappointing =/

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited December 2007 in The Porch
so i was talking to one of my friends today, and he happens to play the drums. he knows how much i love pearl jam and all, and i suggested he check out a few songs. so appearently that night he went to his instructor asking about pearl jam or whatever. so today, he says to me, oh yea i'm gonna check some of their stuff i really dig it! so i'm like thats cool. he's like yea, my instructor really likes them but eddie vedder is such an asshole. so i was shocked. i'm like, eddie? he's one of the most humble, caring, and supportive musicians out there. and he tells me how his drum instructor's band used to tour with one of pearl jam's managers. he and his band got to meet ed. appearently he said that eddie was very drunk and was acting like a fool. and he skipped alot of details but to get down to it, ed at one point said "i'm here paving the way for little shits like you" ... i was stunned. i idolize ed and i cant picture him saying that. but you never know, because it was the mid nineties i believe.
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    , ed at one point said "i'm here paving the way for little shits like you" ...

in a way.. he kinda was :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    maybe im a bit young to be saying this and I dont really have anything to back this up because my first show was in 2003. But it seems to me that Eddie when he was younger was more reckless and acted a bit more like a Rock Star. It seems to be Eddie has become more humbled and chilled out a bit since he has gotten older. But I like I said I have nothing to back this up just how I look at it.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Word to the wise. Never EVER idolize any persons of entertainment who you only know through their means of entertainment. I love Ed for his music. I don't give a shit what he does elsewhere. But still, you're buddy's instructor should lighten up. I'd laugh my ass off if a famous musician said that to me.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    over_bends wrote:
    Word to the wise. Never EVER idolize any persons of entertainment who you only know through their means of entertainment.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Eddies not always very nice to drummers.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    ...if he was drunk he could have said anything, like any of the rest of us when we're drunk. shame if its true, but at least most of the stories of meeting him when he's sober are positive. but in the 90s he was a fucked up guy, and he openly has said it (in interviews etc) since that he wasnt a great guy to be around then...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    yeah and a cousins aunt who dated someone who was told by someone else ,he said she said doesn't prove shit to me ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    lazygun_99 wrote:

hahahaa i love it
  • Options
    lazygun_99 wrote:

Ha ha! Except for Matt Cameron. I think he's got a man-crush on him.
  • Options
    lazygun_99 wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    BinGnarly wrote:
    maybe im a bit young to be saying this and I dont really have anything to back this up because my first show was in 2003. But it seems to me that Eddie when he was younger was more reckless and acted a bit more like a Rock Star. It seems to be Eddie has become more humbled and chilled out a bit since he has gotten older. But I like I said I have nothing to back this up just how I look at it.

i agree with you
  • Options
    In Eddie's defense, he was drunk.

remember, he also used to have bile drinking contests when he was drunk.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Word to the wise. Never EVER idolize any persons of entertainment who you only know through their means of entertainment. I love Ed for his music. I don't give a shit what he does elsewhere. But still, you're buddy's instructor should lighten up. I'd laugh my ass off if a famous musician said that to me.

i hear where your comming from. but as far as a media figure to look up to, it would be ed. his music has always been very moving to me, but also i admire the things he does for causes, the way he stands up for what he believes in, his rebelliousness, and his outlooks on life. as a young musician, he is someone i can look up to, to inspire me and for me to take influence from. that's all. obviously he's not mr. perfect, i just thought it was a bit surprising that he would say that to young musicians. it is unlike him. although like another said, he even admits he was fucked up in the mid nineties. he changed.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    some of you might want to close your eyes or not read this but................

back in the day ED was an asshole

as he got older he mellowed out a little.

edit - BTW that story is too hard to follow...too much he said she said the friends band's manager drummer stuff
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    And if the guys he said it to were acting like a bunch of douchebags... Well...maybe Ed was showing restraint when he said whatever it was that he said...

How bout that?
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I'm disappointed too. But i could expect it. From other thread - Eddie was rude to a "little stupid" girl, even u can find how members of PJ said that they had bad time in band... Mike said, that he was afraid of Eddie, said that Eddie and Stone have strong personality. I think Eddie used to say what he thinks in this moment. Maybe now he is more well-manered. I wouldn't be supsised. Sometimes persons with charisma are this way -this is one of that things that attract other people. That's why U can like or dislike them, but cannot ignore them. Big agvantage, but big disadvantage also (or we just see it bigger)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    i hear where your comming from. but as far as a media figure to look up to, it would be ed. his music has always been very moving to me, but also i admire the things he does for causes, the way he stands up for what he believes in, his rebelliousness, and his outlooks on life. as a young musician, he is someone i can look up to, to inspire me and for me to take influence from. that's all. obviously he's not mr. perfect, i just thought it was a bit surprising that he would say that to young musicians. it is unlike him. although like another said, he even admits he was fucked up in the mid nineties. he changed.
    I agree with U. And admire EV for the same reason
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    joseppi wrote:
    Ha ha! Except for Matt Cameron. I think he's got a man-crush on him.
    who doesnt
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    lazygun_99 wrote:

i don't know any lead singer/lead guitar player who is ever very nice to drummers!
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    He probably is an asshole sometimes. As we all can be. Let's face it, all we really know about the guy is what he presents us through his music and shows. I will admit i've probably come accross as a drunken asshole a few times. So it goes. That's life.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    over_bends wrote:

right on.
  • Options
    Who here hasn't ever said something like that? Out of context it could sound harsh.

I told my employer one time I was his best worker. It's true...I just shouldn't have said it in front of everyone. I got the stink-eye for weeks from fellow workers for that comment.

That's how that shit goes around.

It's just low key gossip.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Didn't a reporter witness Ed telling a kid to fuck off back in the day?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Alcohol.....usually reveals the truth.

We all say stupid shit, but I am not surprised a rock star shows a mega-ego, Ed or Not.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    my cousins roomate in college played with eddie at some sort of concert to promote young musicians. I didnt belive her until she showed me the pics. Pics of her playing on stage and hanging out with him backstage. Anyway, she said she never met anyone anywhere that was nicer.
  • Options
    now you know how ed mustve felt when he found out his idol was a pedofile ;)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    I bet there are 35436567312 shitty bands out there with members who say things like, "We played with Eddie Vedder's neighbor's dog's band and Eddie's a total douche." My guess is the closest he ever got to Eddie Vedder was by reading his Guitar Hero.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    so i was talking to one of my friends today, and he happens to play the drums. he knows how much i love pearl jam and all, and i suggested he check out a few songs. so appearently that night he went to his instructor asking about pearl jam or whatever. so today, he says to me, oh yea i'm gonna check some of their stuff i really dig it! so i'm like thats cool. he's like yea, my instructor really likes them but eddie vedder is such an asshole. so i was shocked. i'm like, eddie? he's one of the most humble, caring, and supportive musicians out there. and he tells me how his drum instructor's band used to tour with one of pearl jam's managers. he and his band got to meet ed. appearently he said that eddie was very drunk and was acting like a fool. and he skipped alot of details but to get down to it, ed at one point said "i'm here paving the way for little shits like you" ... i was stunned. i idolize ed and i cant picture him saying that. but you never know, because it was the mid nineties i believe.

if that's the worst he did coming up in the 90s, hats off to him. if i were the lead singer of the world's biggest rock band, i'd be busy making axl rose look like fucking ghandi.

i do have to say, ed's got a pretty dry sense of humor, and sometimes it misfires (the good charlotte thing at msg, not cool ed).
  • Options
    Maybe there were throwing quarters at Ed, the way I look at it those guys are lucky that Jeff didn't kick there dicks in
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    now that i think about it you could take lots of things he says out of context and sounds like a fuckin arsehole....but he's being sarcastic

EG: Dusseldorf 07: comments on Soundgardens "ehh...dark...setlist" , but has smile on his face

even his comments on Immagine in Cornice are very similar to this...when back stage mike hails him and he sarcastically goes "Its ok, i wasnt that good".