Options

Ticketmaster SUCCESS !!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sure, more power to them. I just find it absurd how much I hear people around here whine about TM being SOOOO expensive when really, it's not that bad. And the icing is that this comes from people that think nothing of hearing about a show, booking a $300 flight, a 3-star hotel, and staying a full weekend to see the band in a city across the country. But TM is somehow breaking their bank?

I've been thinking the same thing all along. Not to mention, complaining about getting shut out of the lottery (or not allowed to participate) when clearly, they have the money to afford the TM tickets or even broker tickets ...
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    it's 5:20 pm ET .. i just pulled up an awesome (or what I consider awesome) seat for 6/15 ... i didn't buy it, because i'm supposed to save my $$, but i guess i just like to torture myself or something ... :lol: ... anyways, my point is, there seems to be plenty of seats out there for folks ... so i'm not sure why people say it was sold out at 10:01am ... lies.

I calibrated my computer's clock with the atomic clock to be completely accurate. At 10:00:30 they had no ticket pairs available for 6/14. A number of minutes later, some surfaced, presumably from people "testing TM" for future purchases, or not completing the sale quickly enough. Individual tickets have been available all day, and are relatively tough to sell out quickly. The pairs were snatched up extremely quickly... within about 10 seconds.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I calibrated my computer's clock with the atomic clock to be completely accurate.

I think you're the only other person I know that would not only do that, but make a point to let people know that you're trying to give them quantifiable and reliable information. Nice!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I got 2 tixs for the Monday show in Baltimore. :D No luck for the Sunday show, but I'll take Monday. I was not lucky with the lottery this year and last year I had a very unlucky and frustrating experience trying to get tix to the EV show in NYC through 10c. I was able to get tix through ticketmaster last year as well. I've got my alarm set for the sale tomorrow morning. Hope it works out, but if not, at least I've got Baltimore!!!!
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I calibrated my computer's clock with the atomic clock to be completely accurate.

I think you're the only other person I know that would not only do that, but make a point to let people know that you're trying to give them quantifiable and reliable information. Nice!

haha - i don't even completely understand what the two of you are talking about ... but for some reason that almost makes me trust your quantifiable & reliable information even more :):lol:
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    it's 5:20 pm ET .. i just pulled up an awesome (or what I consider awesome) seat for 6/15 ... i didn't buy it, because i'm supposed to save my $$, but i guess i just like to torture myself or something ... :lol: ... anyways, my point is, there seems to be plenty of seats out there for folks ... so i'm not sure why people say it was sold out at 10:01am ... lies.

I calibrated my computer's clock with the atomic clock to be completely accurate. At 10:00:30 they had no ticket pairs available for 6/14. A number of minutes later, some surfaced, presumably from people "testing TM" for future purchases, or not completing the sale quickly enough. Individual tickets have been available all day, and are relatively tough to sell out quickly. The pairs were snatched up extremely quickly... within about 10 seconds.

i gotchya ... people want pairs ... understandable i guess ... it's worth sitting alone for an EV show, in my opinion.
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Rourke24 wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    I was able to grab a pair with tm baltimore 1st night row o balcany :D

row Q :D see you there!
    Will do, :D cant wait
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    So if tickets are 200 a pair after fees, E-Bay prices are not that bad. I may go that way if I get shut out tomorrow.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    [quote="CJMST3K

I calibrated my computer's clock with the atomic clock to be completely accurate. At 10:00:30 they had no ticket pairs available for 6/14. A number of minutes later, some surfaced, presumably from people "testing TM" for future purchases, or not completing the sale quickly enough. Individual tickets have been available all day, and are relatively tough to sell out quickly. The pairs were snatched up extremely quickly... within about 10 seconds.[/quote]

Wow! So I guess I have to be super quick tomorrow a.m. Hopefully I get lucky like you did and land a pair. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    So if tickets are 200 a pair after fees, E-Bay prices are not that bad. I may go that way if I get shut out tomorrow.

I was checking out ebay , as I might need to pick up an Albany pair, and some prices are not that bad. i dont not like the fact people sell on there etc etc, but some are at 25%-35% mark up.
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    I was on the site right at 10 and had no luck. I got up walked out of the room and came back in and decided to try for a single. I had GREAT SUCCESS with one tix for the tier B and a second single in the lower box to the right of the orch pit. It is going to be great to see Ed in my home town. This band may be the only reason to travel 10 hours to see a show. Good luck to all who seek tixs.
    RFK 6/13/98 -Tibetan Freedom, Pittsburgh 8/25/98, Merriweather Post 9/4/00, Grand Rapids 10/03/04 - MoveOn.org, Palace of Auburn Hills 5/22/06, Grant Park 8/05/07 - Lollapalooza, Verizon Center, DC 6/22/08, Chicago 8/22/08 - EDDIE, Baltimore 6/14/09 - EDDIE, United Center 8/23/09, Verizon Wireless 5/7/10
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    Seems like very few, if any, "great" seats pulled by those here and being sold on Ebay/Craigslist. Makes me think 10-C hooked us up yet again.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I had a pair for Sunday, but they were unable to process my order, and by that time there were no good pairs left so I just got singles. So hopefully someone will have a single and want to trade seats.

Only got a single for the Monday show too, but I figured none of my friends would want to hit multiple shows.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?