Options

you know who should open for pearl jam next tour.

13»

Comments

• Options
    1. Lucero (www.luceromusic.com)
    2. The Gaslight Anthem (www.gaslightanthem.com)
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    pjalive21 wrote:
    please no more bands like KOL and MMJ..that sound gets tiresome and old

KOL even knew that hence why they came out with a radio friendly song like "Sex on Fire" and now every person around me likes them

most of what has been suggested on this topic is whiney music where every song sounds the same so you appear to be listening the the same song for hours on end

ugggggh

Which sound is that? I can't think how MMJ and KoL sound remotely similar.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    the black keys
    my morning jacket
    the duke spirit
    mastodon
    kings of leon
    heartless bastards

i agree...i think that Wilco is too big as an opening act.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

First of all, I'm not a huge interpol fan, I liked their first album but not much after that...

Second, This is your opinion and you're entitled to it... but you could be less rude when spouting off what you like and dislike... you are by no means an authority on music, please stop acting like you are... it's nothing but annoying.

uh...no. interpol is absolutely horrendous.

Again, this is your opinion.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    pjalive21 wrote:

KOL even knew that hence why they came out with a radio friendly song like "Sex on Fire" and now every person around me likes them

most of what has been suggested on this topic is whiney music where every song sounds the same so you appear to be listening the the same song for hours on end

ugggggh

im not saying they sound the same its just their each individual sound get tiresome quick...when i took my wife to see PJ in Tampa and KOL opened for them up until Sex on Fire came on she looked at me and was like this band sounds like one song that just keeps going on and on and on....and she was just stating what i was already thinking....my musical taste besides pearl jam is definitely different than most people on this site and i understand that so maybe its just me

lets not recycle bands over and over lets get some fresh legs in there
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    ScottLakes wrote:
    1. Lucero (http://www.luceromusic.com)
    2. The Gaslight Anthem (http://www.gaslightanthem.com)

fucking love lucero! that would throw some of the pj fans for a loop. they would be great if the watched their booze intake before the shows!

seeing gaslight for the first time in 2 weeks. love their new record too.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    MC78498MC78498 Maryland Posts: 47
    the buzzcocks.

i've seen 10 PJ shows and they were the only opener i ever truly enjoyed.

oh, and heart from the nw school benefit show.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic? They were absolutely horrible compared to everyone else they have had.

My favorites have been Ben Harper, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab, Sleater Kinney and Ted Leo.

I think Wolfmother would be great or The Hold Steady. I think the Hold Steady would suprise a lot of people on a large stage.
    A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'
    Barack Obama
  • Options
    MC78498MC78498 Maryland Posts: 47
    mfc2006 wrote:
    the black keys
    my morning jacket
    the duke spirit
    mastodon
    kings of leon
    heartless bastards

i agree...i think that Wilco is too big as an opening act.

the heartless bastards is a good call.

i always thought queens of the stone age would be a great opener but they have grown the past few years to where i do not think they would open because they are totally capable of headlining their own shows.
    A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'
    Barack Obama
  • Options
    MC78498 wrote:
    the buzzcocks.

i've seen 10 PJ shows and they were the only opener i ever truly enjoyed.

oh, and heart from the nw school benefit show.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic? They were absolutely horrible compared to everyone else they have had.

My favorites have been Ben Harper, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab, Sleater Kinney and Ted Leo.

I think Wolfmother would be great or The Hold Steady. I think the Hold Steady would suprise a lot of people on a large stage.

I love the Hold Steady, but they're another band I could see people bitching endlessly about. Craig's vocals are kind of an acquired taste. But man do they rock... Killer Parties is one of the best songs ever.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:

ugggggh

im not saying they sound the same its just their each individual sound get tiresome quick...when i took my wife to see PJ in Tampa and KOL opened for them up until Sex on Fire came on she looked at me and was like this band sounds like one song that just keeps going on and on and on....and she was just stating what i was already thinking....my musical taste besides pearl jam is definitely different than most people on this site and i understand that so maybe its just me

lets not recycle bands over and over lets get some fresh legs in there

I suppose. But honestly, if I don't know a band's catalogue, anytime I see them live I feel that way. See Sparta, my first few times seeing Death Cab open, Iggy Pop, etc.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    The Strokes.

/thread
  • Options
    I would love to see Wilco or the Tragically Hip.

I think Wilco's too big to open for PJ. It'd be awesome to have a tour where the Hip open for PJ here and then PJ returns the favor in Canada.

You're probably right about Wilco. I love your idea about the hip! 10 nights at Massey Hall!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's yeah yeah yeah's

ah, yeah! 8-)
  • Options
    I should open the next tour with my comedy stylings.
  • Options

i'll sign you on the bill. what kind of comedy stylings do you got? :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

i'll sign you on the bill. what kind of comedy stylings do you got? :)

poo poo and pee pee jokes.
  • Options
    frankissfrankiss Posts: 20
    Sorry for the MMJ fans', but in Boston in 2006, the show was not good at all...there was only a guy jumping up and down in the middle of the crowd! Sorry again, but I was expecting a good show from them but it was boring. Rather listen to Sleater-kinney by a mile!!!

Matt Mays and the El Torpedo, from Halifax, should open for a couple of gigs!!! I spoke with the guys and they told me that they were jealous that Wintersleep, from Halifax too, opened for PJ in St-John's Newfoundland. Pearl Jam and the crew brought Wintersleep for bowling all day long with beers and lots of stuff!!! and they played RITFW together at the last show!!!!

Mastodon (I think Jeff's a fan!!!)
    Wintersleep
    Wolfmother (new album coming out soon!!!)
    " We have a president that ain't as courageous as this guy. Maybe he should cut his fuckin head off and then he'll be recognized as a good man!" - Eddie - Montreal June 29, 2003

06/29/2003
    15/09/2005
    16/09/2005
    20/09/2005
    24/05/2006
    27/06/2008
    28/06/2008
    30/06/2008
  • Options
    frankiss wrote:
    Matt Mays and the El Torpedo, from Halifax, should open for a couple of gigs!!! I spoke with the guys and they told me that they were jealous that Wintersleep, from Halifax too, opened for PJ in St-John's Newfoundland. Pearl Jam and the crew brought Wintersleep for bowling all day long with beers and lots of stuff!!! and they played RITFW together at the last show!!!!

if pearl jam comes to atlantic canada '09/'10, here's routing for matt may's & the el torpedo's too! :)
    the q play's alot of matt may's on air, and pearl jam lately! something's going down! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    frankissfrankiss Posts: 20
    demetrios wrote:
    frankiss wrote:

if pearl jam comes to atlantic canada '09/'10, here's routing for matt may's & the el torpedo's too! :)
    the q play's alot of matt may's on air, and pearl jam lately! something's going down! :mrgreen:

Hey Demetrios .. I saw that you got a Signed Copy of the SD Box set!!!! ME TOO !!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH So lucky.....I'm from a small village in New Brunswick (Kedgwick) but currently living in Quebec City!!

By the way I saw Matt Mays couples times and always in a small club...so I talk to them all the time. They are really down to earth and they are way better live than on the recordings!!!
    " We have a president that ain't as courageous as this guy. Maybe he should cut his fuckin head off and then he'll be recognized as a good man!" - Eddie - Montreal June 29, 2003

06/29/2003
    15/09/2005
    16/09/2005
    20/09/2005
    24/05/2006
    27/06/2008
    28/06/2008
    30/06/2008
  • Options
    frankiss wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    frankiss wrote:

Hey Demetrios .. I saw that you got a Signed Copy of the SD Box set!!!! ME TOO !!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH So lucky.....I'm from a small village in New Brunswick (Kedgwick) but currently living in Quebec City!!

By the way I saw Matt Mays couples times and always in a small club...so I talk to them all the time. They are really down to earth and they are way better live than on the recordings!!!

sweet! congrads man! :) think it's now 3 canadians that scored a signed copy of the sd box set! awesome! :) i live in halifax. well, across the bridge on what they call 'the darkside'! lol

i haven't seen matt may's live yet. q104 play's them alot on air. hear them all the time at the job sites. way better then joel plaskett with the emergency, imo. but if they can open up for pearl jam again here, that would rock. i've contacted with the halifax metro centre many times about bringing them back, and they want them back. just a matter of signing papers and the stage would be all set! :D