Options

Eddie with MMJ- It Makes No Difference

BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Most of the threads right now are about new album/tour rumors, so I thought I’d deviate from the theme a bit to discuss a tune from a couple years ago that didn’t seem to get enough attention. Who was lucky enough to see Eddie cover It Makes No Difference with My Morning Jacket on the 2006 tour?

I'm sure there's some new fans on here since 2006...so if you haven’t heard it, I HIGHLY suggest downloading it below and listening at maximum volume. I can’t remember what show this recording is from, but it’s one of my all time favorite vocal performances from Eddie. He puts so much emotion into it..3:31 gives me shivers every single time. Jim James sounds great too. He and Eddie compliment each other really well in the chorus. I’d love to hear them collaborate more. Another Pearl Jam/MMJ tour would be just fine.

Anyway, this song is so good that I felt compelled to share. :) Here’s the link-
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... NVdGa1E9PQ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    I don't know this one, so I'm going to download & listen - thanks for posting!
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I wasn't lucky enough to see it, but I have the boot and enjoy it very much! Great cover!!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226
    Yay for MMJ love.. our hometown boys :).
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • Options
    Gozzo64Gozzo64 Posts: 120
    I was at Cleveland 2006 where I saw Ed join MMJ for this tune.

Fabulous!
    Gozzo
    Montreal '98
    Toronto '00
    Buffalo Toronto '03
    Kitchener London Hamilton Toronto '05
    Late Show NYC Toronto x2 Cleveland Pittsburgh Mountain View '06
    Hartford Mansfield '08
    Toronto Philadelphia x3 '09
    Cleveland Buffalo Mountain View x2 '10
    East Troy x2 Toronto x2 Ottawa Hamilton '11
    London Buffalo '13
  • Options
    It was played at the Camden, NJ show 5/27/2006. What a SWEET show!! I was there, 200 section Stone side.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    OMG! That version kicks so much ass! Thanks for bringing it back to our attention :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    thanks for sharing! sounds excellent!

I have heard this before somewhere.....did they ever do this cover together anywhere else?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    I saw it 6 3 06 in Jersey....plus Ed did No Surender by himself....good times
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    such a great song!! mmj's studio version of this song is awesome as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    your right, even Eddie can't save MMJ.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,691
    I BrisK I wrote:
    your right, even Eddie can't save MMJ.

Hmm...No offense, but I'm glad that I'm not listening to this through your speakers (or ears).
  • Options
    Could someone repost or PM me with it? The link won't work for me, and I lost my copy of the song a few months back.
    Borgata II, Philly 05, ER 1 06, ER 2 06, Camden I 08, MSG I 08, MSG II 08, Mansfield II 08, EV 1 NYC, EV NJPAC

Hard To Imagine
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    It was played at the Camden, NJ show 5/27/2006. What a SWEET show!! I was there, 200 section Stone side.
    Ok well this means I DID see it! :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Thanks for the post. Never heard the song before. I will enjoy it!!!
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    saw it in philly. my 2 favorite bands. never forget that one.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    never heard it..cant wait
    thanks
  • Options
    Could someone repost or PM me with it? The link won't work for me, and I lost my copy of the song a few months back.
    Here's a new link, hopefully this one works-
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91USKCP5
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    I saw this played in Pistoia Italy to open MMJ's set. Awesome show
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    yea 6/3/06. It was the bomb
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    cool!! two things i love, mmj and eddie...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    I saw them do this in Grand Rapids 06. It was a big surprise since I am a big fan of The Band(who wrote the song). The Band have a very distinct sound. After seeing The Last Waltz, I tried to find out everything that I could about The Band. It was so cool to discover a band and find so much new stuff to listen too...but, sad also because Rick Danko and Richard Manuel were already dead when I found them.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Thanks for the post.
    It kills me how good that song is.
  • Options
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    I saw them do this in Grand Rapids 06. It was a big surprise since I am a big fan of The Band(who wrote the song). The Band have a very distinct sound. After seeing The Last Waltz, I tried to find out everything that I could about The Band. It was so cool to discover a band and find so much new stuff to listen too...but, sad also because Rick Danko and Richard Manuel were already dead when I found them.

I agree, I LOVE The Band. When the Last Waltz came out, they were huge. I'm not sure why, but their music hasn't carried onto younger generations like The Who, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. It's a shame because they're a phenomenal band.
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    yes this song was indeed super pretty/shivering (yes i just made that word an adjective lol). i'm gonna track it down again and remind myself of it!
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    MMJ are music and when you add eddie vedder you have a great thing.. I love when they all did Quick one while heres away also. The more MMJ love the better.. They really are showing everyone including PJ how to play live.
  • Options
    Yay for MMJ love.. our hometown boys :).

You lucky so an' so! :P

I watched this on youtube not so long ago... two of my favourite front men, together *dreams and drools* :D

OP - The download has reached it's limit... any chance you can PM it to me?

Pretty please? :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Brownie9160Brownie9160 Posts: 190
    Excellent find...thanks for sharing!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    TSLOWTSLOW Posts: 10
    No one will ever touch the great Rick Danko for pure emotion on this song, but Eddie & Jim come as close as anyone can. You could say the same for their version of "A Quick One" too.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    TSLOW wrote:
    No one will ever touch the great Rick Danko for pure emotion on this song, but Eddie & Jim come as close as anyone can. You could say the same for their version of "A Quick One" too.

This post wins...Rick Danko was amazing and so are Jim and Eddie :)
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    OP - The download has reached it's limit... any chance you can PM it to me?
    No problem. I also updated the original link, so it should work now.
    TSLOW wrote:
    Totally agree that nothing will ever compare to Rick Danko's version.
    But for me Eddie and Jim win the verse- "Without your love....rattle the walls"