Options

Pearl Jam in Utah in September 2009???

jshraggejshragge Posts: 13
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Just came across some surprising information about Pearl Jam touring in Utah at E Center in September. Anyone have any information that could confirm this information?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    First I have heard about this. Can you be more specific as to where you heard this info?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Would be nice; PJ haven't played Utah since 98. I haven't heard, but it may fit with the possible Sept. tour, which I assume will start out West.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Now you're making me crazy!

We have got to get the low down soon. I already am pissed that most of Sept and Oct are scheduled for vacation where I work, and my daughter will be thick into the volleyball season. Yeah, looks like I am gonna have the flu again.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Yeah, looks like I am gonna have the flu again.

yup...i hear that a nasty bug is going to be sweeping the nation 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    jshragge wrote:
    Just came across some surprising information about Pearl Jam touring in Utah at E Center in September. Anyone have any information that could confirm this information?

I hope so. They haven't been here since 1998. Where are you getting this info?
  • Options
    Let's just say I was talking to someone who does business with another person at the E-Center. I've been told that the paperwork is being worked out, but the dtae has been set. September 28th. It's a Monday. Please let me know if you hear of any other dates in the surrounding states. Sounds like a great time for a Fall Break!!!!
  • Options
    I want to believe in this, but until I see an official tour date on the website I'll have to remain a skeptic. I've been waiting for them to come back to Utah but it always winds up the same, a road trip to Vegas. (That being said the Vegas shows have been amazing so I guess I really can't complain).
    * E Center - Salt Lake City, UT- Sep 28, 2009
    * MGM Grand - Las Vegas, NV - Jul 06, 2006
    * Paramount Theater - Seattle, WA - Mar 18, 2005
    * MGM Grand - Las Vegas, NV - Jun 06, 2003

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    my guess is you can almost count on a fall tour sometime between labor day an thanksgiving

where and when during that time is anybody's guess though

and Im buying ACL tix tomorrow!
  • Options
    So I finally found a reason I'd want to go to Utah.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Don't be a douche? Seen 2 great PJ shows in Utah. GO JAZZ!!!! Where do you live; I am sure it's not that cool. And by the way Utah has more national parks than any other state. And nice people.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Don't be a douche? Seen 2 great PJ shows in Utah. GO JAZZ!!!! Where do you live; I am sure it's not that cool. And by the way Utah has more national parks than any other state. And nice people.

:shock:

It's just one of those places you might not have reason to visit during a lifetime, is all. I mean, it's Utah, not Paris.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    jshragge wrote:
    Let's just say I was talking to someone who does business with another person at the E-Center. I've been told that the paperwork is being worked out, but the dtae has been set. September 28th. It's a Monday. Please let me know if you hear of any other dates in the surrounding states. Sounds like a great time for a Fall Break!!!!
    Awesome man! People often only have city rumours without a date. It is always good to see dates. I remember last year someone posted the Hartford date and was dead on. Hopefully this one is correct too!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Hmmm Might actually get a decent seat there with my #. :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    Lizard wrote:
    Hmmm Might actually get a decent seat there with my #. :D

Haha... That's what I was thinking.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

It's just one of those places you might not have reason to visit during a lifetime, is all. I mean, it's Utah, not Paris.

Well that depends really because Utah has absolutely amazing National Parks, I would love to go to Utah and take my children there, great place to visit...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    nocode76nocode76 Posts: 88
    For those living in Utah what is your fan club number?

I have: 166,4XX

Just curious.
  • Options
    Almost 400K. Shee

Better learn Morman Swearing 101.

Got down Sat in a Ditch

Fecking ________

Oh my Heck
  • Options
    nocode76nocode76 Posts: 88
    Almost 400K. Shee

Better learn Morman Swearing 101.

Got down Sat in a Ditch

Fecking ________

Oh my Heck

If you need any help I am an active member of the LDS faith and am willing to give a few lessons. :D
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    right in line with fall for the west coast...
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    I hope that date is true. A stop at Red Rocks would fit in great on the way to ACL.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    The calendar does indeed have a "tentative event" scheduled for that day!
  • Options
    Spoke with my contact and also found out the Beastie Boys are playing in September at the E center as well. As for PJ, they are still working out paper work, but the date is being held for their show. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.
  • Options
    Great news!
    The bad part is September is booked solid at work vacation wise!!!!!!
    Damn.
    Now I'm in a hard spot of asking the boss if we might be able to have two people off, or just dumping two days for the show. If I ask and he says no way, i guess I let it slide and hope he forgets about why I want the time off and just forget to show up. He was pretty cool about me going all the way to Hawaii for a show, so maybe he will be a cool about this too. :|
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Don't be judgemental. We have 5 national parks. I believe that is the most for one state in the country. We are home to the most diverse land in the country...we have some of the best snow on earth. We are home to the saltiest body of water in the world aside form the fucking ocean, the people here are super friendly and we are finally letting up on our strict liquor laws. Lay off Utah, and look past all the things that everyoen else has told you.

I'm sorry, but until you've visited a place, it's unfair to judge it without even stepping foot there, or seeing the damn place.

As for the concert, that is bad ass. PLEASE keep us posted on this, I'd love to see PJ here in my hometown. It's been since 1998 that they've played here...would be great to welcome them back.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Just released that we'll see them in Sept. I told you I'd come through.

Jake
  • Options
    Way back in April....