Options

My mom just told me im too obsessed with Pearl Jam

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited April 2009 in The Porch
:shock:
is it possible to be too obsessed with PJ?
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hahahaha you've just joined the very exclusive club....we've all been told that and you know what to say...OF COURSE I BLOODY AM AND PROUD OF IT!

:lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

what prompted mom to say that?
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640

tell your mom she has no clue... how old are you man? my parents have stopped riding my ass about them when i broke like 25 shows... i know people who have seen them 200+ times...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    norm wrote:

what prompted mom to say that?
    iduno probably that 95% of my iPod is Pearl Jam and I've been blasting them all day for months. OH and I want to fly to New York to see the mccartney show -w ell that was half a joke lol.
    -And im starting a fund for their next tour.
    Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on
    Shows:
  • Options

tell your mom she has no clue... how old are you man? my parents have stopped riding my ass about them when i broke like 25 shows... i know people who have seen them 200+ times...
    I just turned 16
    Shows:
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    im 19 and my family understands my obsession...my dad love PJ!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    My KIDS tell me that!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    My KIDS tell me that!!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    how old r ur kids?
    Shows:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Lizard wrote:
    My KIDS tell me that!!!
    how old r ur kids?

Older than you!!! 18 and 20. But they do like PJ---grew up on it! Just NOT "obsessed" apparently!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    My KIDS tell me that!!!
    how old r ur kids?

Older than you!!! 18 and 20. But they do like PJ---grew up on it! Just NOT "obsessed" apparently!! :D
    my parents like PJ but they aren't obsessed and dont like em as much as they did in the 90s.
    Shows:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Lizard wrote:
    My KIDS tell me that!!!

hahahahaha :)
  • Options
    Been there dude...

My mom actually had the nerve to tell me recently that she figured I'd "grow out of it". Grow out of love? I don't think so 8-)

Now that I'm almost 30 my mom and girlfriend gang up on me in PJ collectible-related arguments and threaten to burn my posters...(they would never do that, of course...they just know how redonkulous I am when it come to my PJ!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

Punch your mom square in the nose!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options

I just turned 16

well you are pretty lucky... in this digital age... when i was 16 i had to walk 10 miles in the snow up hill (both ways) to buy pearl jam bootlegs for $25 for single cd shows, and $50 for a full double cd set show...damn... we fans have come a long way...
  • Options
    Been there dude...

My mom actually had the nerve to tell me recently that she figured I'd "grow out of it". Grow out of love? I don't think so 8-)

Now that I'm almost 30 my mom and girlfriend gang up on me in PJ collectible-related arguments and threaten to burn my posters...(they would never do that, of course...they just know how redonkulous I am when it come to my PJ!

umkay... the girl i am going to be marrying, we been together for 2 years now... if she ever pulled anything like that its her ass to the curb... i was drunk the other night talking to my mom about her being mad at me getting excited for iminent pj tour extravaganza, because she sees it as a threat to her engagement ring, aka her livelyhood (MY money), aka her happiness... and my mom asked, which do you love more, her or pearl jam... my mom got upset that i didnt answer "her" automatically...

girls come and go man... but pearl jam tour only comes but once a year ;)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    edited April 2009
    Yes but it’s a healthy obsession right? Hehehe.
    I mean I can’t believe I spent $40 on this box set but I did. I hemmed and hawed over it for days. But I’m glad I bought it.
    and my mom asked, which do you love more, her or pearl jam... my mom got upset that i didnt answer "her" automatically...

i hear ya. pj doesn’t sometimes aggravates the shit out of me. my guy on the other hand does!
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    My CHILDREN (youngest age 20)tell me I am too obsessed with Pearl Jam! Tell this to your mother.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Yes but it’s a healthy obsession right? Hehehe.
    I mean I can’t believe I spent $40 on this box set but I did. I hemmed and hawed over it for days. But I’m glad I bought it.
    and my mom asked, which do you love more, her or pearl jam... my mom got upset that i didnt answer "her" automatically...

i hear ya. pj doesn’t sometimes aggravates the shit out of me. my guy on the other hand does!
    cant argue with pj.
    Shows:
  • Options

well you are pretty lucky... in this digital age... when i was 16 i had to walk 10 miles in the snow up hill (both ways) to buy pearl jam bootlegs for $25 for single cd shows, and $50 for a full double cd set show...damn... we fans have come a long way...
    thats true i downloaded aton of free bootlegs today.
    Shows:
  • Options
    I think this thread should be changed to "Who first told you, you were obsessed with PJ?" For me it's my wife. Yet she still waits in fan club lines and attends concerts with me. She loves them too, she just won't admit it!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    cant argue with pj.

nope. but you can agrue with their fans on their chat board. lol.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I think this thread should be changed to "Who first told you, you were obsessed with PJ?" For me it's my wife. Yet she still waits in fan club lines and attends concerts with me. She loves them too, she just won't admit it!
    nice
    Shows:
  • Options
    cant argue with pj.

nope. but you can agrue with their fans on their chat board. lol.
    lol sooo true ;)
    Shows:
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611

To answer your question, it maybe possible. Im sure everyone that posts on this bored has been told that once or twice (many many more for me). I always tell them to fuck off! Funny thing is, most people who tell me this are big fans too thanks to me, but they are in denial. I always catch my bro humming PJ tunes, and yet he gives me shit all the time. I actually went to his house recently and on his computer I found 40-50 boots he had downloaded and burned! :P
  • Options
    PrlJamrPrlJamr Posts: 74
    That's funny, my kids tell me the same thing!
  • Options

To answer your question, it maybe possible. Im sure everyone that posts on this bored has been told that once or twice (many many more for me). I always tell them to fuck off! Funny thing is, most people who tell me this are big fans too thanks to me, but they are in denial. I always catch my bro humming PJ tunes, and yet he gives me shit all the time. I actually went to his house recently and on his computer I found 40-50 boots he had downloaded and burned! :P

they are all just in denial about their own obsession! ;)
    Shows:
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'm 31 and my family, friends and co-workers tell me all the time that I'm too obsessed with Pearl Jam. I need to find me a man that loves them as much as me because every guy I date thinks I'm little bit nuts for loving PJ so much! :P
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    My wife thinks i'm nuts. 'Obsessed' is a bit strong but 'Pearl Jam Fanatic' pretty much sums it up. I can't freaking wait for some new material.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    throw a shoe at her and tell her to mind her own business!
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    My wife thinks I'm nuts too. However, 23 y/o son goes to shows with me and 19 y/o daughter puts in vs everytime she gets in the car. Plus, having just turned 45, I'm too old to give a shit what anyone thinks.