Options

Quality of 10C Merch...

PldgMyGrievancePldgMyGrievance Posts: 276
edited April 2009 in The Porch
has gone downhill. I'm talking about the t-shirts and hoodies. The Crash and Stickman hoodies are are very thin and flimsy, nothing like the badassness of the Moonlight Graham hoodie. I can understand if that was done on purpose for the hoodies, but the t-shirts are now made from the cheapest thinest material. They feel like they wont survive more than 5 washes.

I bought the new version of the classic stickman t-shirt and compared to the old one its a piece of crap. The old t shirts were made from heavy, durable material that has lasted years and years.

I'm writing this in hopes that the 10C will realize most of us wouldnt mind paying a little extra for t shirts if they were made from better material.
4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
7/8/03 MSG
7/9/03 MSG
7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
10/1/04 Reading Penn
10/3/05 Philly
5/13/06 Hartford, CT
5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
6/19/08 Camden, NJ
6/24/08 MSG
6/25/08 MSG
6/27/08 Hartford, CT
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
New York, New York 05-21-2010
New York, New York 05-20-2010
East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    the quality of the ames santa barbara shirt is top notch.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    the quality of the ames santa barbara shirt is top notch.

this

i'm so happy they stopped with the hanes beefy tees and started using material to make shirts that you can actually wear out in public.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I bought the new version of the classic stickman t-shirt and compared to the old one its a piece of crap. The old t shirts were made from heavy, durable material that has lasted years and years.

I asked about this and people said that the new stickman tshirt was flimsy like the 08 concert tees. I saw one in Hot Topic and checked it and it was of normal T-shirt material like Hanes or whatever. I bought that and it hasn't failed me yet. Wouldn't consider the hoodie not only cause it's ugly but I knew it would be thin. It's like a $52 long sleeve t shirt IMO
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    has gone downhill. I'm talking about the t-shirts and hoodies. The Crash and Stickman hoodies are are very thin and flimsy, nothing like the badassness of the Moonlight Graham hoodie. I can understand if that was done on purpose for the hoodies, but the t-shirts are now made from the cheapest thinest material. They feel like they wont survive more than 5 washes.

I'm writing this in hopes that the 10C will realize most of us wouldnt mind paying a little extra for t shirts if they were made from better material.

I cant not agree with you here, the quality of the the Wembley t-shirt is outstanding, washed like 10 times already since I got it and its still the same shape and color.

Crash hoodies are that thin, they are ALL that thin that's the signature look of this work.

The Stickman hoodie is definately thinner than the Moonlight Graham but I wouldn't it isn't exactly flimsy.
  • Options
    [quote="Mrs_Vedder78

Crash hoodies are that thin, they are ALL that thin that's the signature look of this work.
    The Stickman hoodie is definately thinner than the Moonlight Graham but I wouldn't it isn't exactly flimsy.[/quote]

Signature look? Do you mean to imply that using quality materials would be unstylish? For $55 or whatever, i want a hoodie that'll be durable enough to withstand the rigors of my job....as a computer engineer. In less that a year (and not wearing the thing every single day, obviously) my elbow has already worn through the sleeve. seriously. that's not a $50+ peice of apparel. the thing is: i love the design. I really like wearing hoodies, and if i'm going to wear a hoodie, why not PJ or MMJ! I like to show my stipes like everyone else. the problem is they both use the same vendor, and the quality of the material is poor poor poor.

i really want to buy another hoodie to replace this one, but not until they pick another vendor to manufacture their hoodies. maybe next time they create a style, they should switch vendors. how about that TEN t-shirt design on the back of a hoodie?! I'd buy that!!!!! and if the quality justifies it, i'd even pay a few bucks more.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    im not concerned with the shirt quality, its the damn sizes i have a problem with
    med to small, large to big blah blah blah
    maybe its me, but i dont have this prob elsewhere

anyhow only a minor gripe, love the designs and styles, keep it up 10c :D
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    edited April 2009
    Edited since I had already posted on this topic and had forgotten :lol:
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options

I cant not agree with you here, the quality of the the Wembley t-shirt is outstanding, washed like 10 times already since I got it and its still the same shape and color.

The Stickman hoodie is definately thinner than the Moonlight Graham but I wouldn't it isn't exactly flimsy.

LOL! this is me with my old profile I can't access :?
  • Options

Signature look? Do you mean to imply that using quality materials would be unstylish? For $55 or whatever, i want a hoodie that'll be durable enough to withstand the rigors of my job....as a computer engineer. In less that a year (and not wearing the thing every single day, obviously) my elbow has already worn through the sleeve. seriously. that's not a $50+ peice of apparel. the thing is: i love the design. I really like wearing hoodies, and if i'm going to wear a hoodie, why not PJ or MMJ! I like to show my stipes like everyone else. the problem is they both use the same vendor, and the quality of the material is poor poor poor.

i really want to buy another hoodie to replace this one, but not until they pick another vendor to manufacture their hoodies. maybe next time they create a style, they should switch vendors. how about that TEN t-shirt design on the back of a hoodie?! I'd buy that!!!!! and if the quality justifies it, i'd even pay a few bucks more.

I have had the Owl and the Bison 2006 hoodies for almost 3 years and they are in great condition :D
    I dont think its sucky material, they are just thin, thin doesnt mean sucky IMO.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I love each and every piece of PJ gear. Some of the older shirts are heavier and nothing compares to the LBC hoodie in terms of pillows of love, soft , strong love!!! The newer shirts are thin, but also like buttah!!!

Some days I feel like a nut, some days I dont. With the changes in the weather and my moods, I dawn whatever feels right at the moment.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I have had the Owl and the Bison 2006 hoodies for almost 3 years and they are in great condition :D
    I dont think its sucky material, they are just thin, thin doesnt mean sucky IMO.

I have the Bison one aswell, I love it and it's still as good as new. :D I actually like the fact that it's quite thin. it's not too hot but still quite warm when it needs to be. haha.

so I agree, thinner material isn't necessarily sucky. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    moldmold Posts: 21
    i'd have to disagree with the quality issues; i bought a few shirts and they are doing just fine
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    They just need to stock t shirts in SMALL!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    There shirts suck for the big dudes out there.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    mold wrote:
    i'd have to disagree with the quality issues; i bought a few shirts and they are doing just fine
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    I agree the new tshirts are thin, I would not however say flimsy, but they do seem an inferior quality to some of the older stuff. I got a non authorized (sorry) one at the Stockholm June 2000 show, for like $20, Ive used it frequently for almost nine years, yeah I now ... Washed it without turning it inside out blabla, it looks like its been around, sure, but... the new 10C shirts dont stand a chance in comparison to a cheap off the pavement shirt, what gives. I would gladly pay extra for quality material. I never got the Quicksilver Eddie one
    but that should have had better quality...anyone got it? Heavier yeah?
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654

Are you unble to critisise the 10C at all???

There is a such thing as "Constructive Critisism". BOOOO
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Jocke wrote:
    I agree the new tshirts are thin, I would not however say flimsy, but they do seem an inferior quality to some of the older stuff. I got a non authorized (sorry) one at the Stockholm June 2000 show, for like $20, Ive used it frequently for almost nine years, yeah I now ... Washed it without turning it inside out blabla, it looks like its been around, sure, but... the new 10C shirts dont stand a chance in comparison to a cheap off the pavement shirt, what gives. I would gladly pay extra for quality material. I never got the Quicksilver Eddie one
    but that should have had better quality...anyone got it? Heavier yeah?

I got a Quicksilver Eddie shirt. It is a better shirt compared to the eV West tour, but the logo on the front faded after the first wash? :(

I saw the shirt for Ed's Hawaii shows today. Volcom is doing it. It Kicks Ass! Got Eddie ITW on the front with the Hawaiian Islands on the back. Nice quality too! Volcom said it will be available in mid May. I think you can have them shipped from the stores here like people did the 7"/shirt combos around the mainland?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Welcome to the Global Economy. We'd probably get the good stuff... it it were Made In China, instead of Made in The U.S.A. And if that hoodie was made of thick material in the U.S... it'd probably cost about 145 bucks.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i want to feel some of these shirts...

please where your 10c shirts to the ev solo shows so i can run up to you and feel your shirt...

i like to touch things before i buy them....

good think i'm not in the market for hookers lols lols lols.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    eh.

my nephew is going to love the onesie i bought him. whenever he gets born. lazy bastard.
  • Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226
    I wish they'd go with American Apparel shirts. Comfy, quality, good fits.
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06