Options

Rock Band DLC

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Okay, so everybody knows "Ten" is coming out as DLC, but does anyone knowwhich one? Is it the original from 91 or is it going to be the remixes from the re-release? Not that I'm too concerned, but I just wanted to know. I haven't seen it any where. If anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know. Thanks.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    There is something else I'm unsure of with the Rock Band stuff. I saw a Rock Band release that said they were doing Ten by Pearl Jam and it listed all of the songs except for Alive since it is already part of the game. But Best Buy is also running a promotion with Rock Band where you get 3 free downloads and one of them is Brother. The Rock Band press release didn't say anything about Brother or the other unreleased tracks. Is buying a copy of ten for Best Buy the only way to get Brother? And are any other songs going to be available?
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    DD51734 wrote:
    There is something else I'm unsure of with the Rock Band stuff. I saw a Rock Band release that said they were doing Ten by Pearl Jam and it listed all of the songs except for Alive since it is already part of the game. But Best Buy is also running a promotion with Rock Band where you get 3 free downloads and one of them is Brother. The Rock Band press release didn't say anything about Brother or the other unreleased tracks. Is buying a copy of ten for Best Buy the only way to get Brother? And are any other songs going to be available?

i think the other songs will be on the marketplace for purchase as well, but best buy just give you a code to get them for free.

i don't see the developers going to the effort of making those 3 songs just for Best Buy, plus they would have to be on the market place anyway for the best buy code holders to download it.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    DD51734 wrote:

2 other songs with Brother, and they are State of Love and Trust and Alive, both which are live from the drop in the park concert. As far as I know they are a Best Buy exclusive. Don't know why it would be an exclusive if you can get it else where.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    TauranTauran Posts: 90
    I am a huge Rock Band fan and follow the releases very closely. My two cents:

It will almost certainly be the old mix of the album because the old mix of Alive is already on the Rock Band 2 disc, so the Ten DLC will be the whole album except for 'Alive'. I just kind of doubt that they would have all the DLC tracks not match 'Alive'.

As for the Best Buy tracks, I think that they will probably remain Best Buy exclusives for maybe six months at the most (maybe much sooner) before being made available on the marketplace. There have not been any other "exclusive" tracks that have not been made available otherwise so far. Also Disturbed did the same thing with some best buy deal and the tracks were available on their own really quite soon after the album release (I think just days or a couple of weeks).

Hope this helps, and keep in mind that I could always be wrong. I kind of hope that I am because that new mix of Porch knocks my socks off.

~tauran
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    from billboard:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ ... 20c87a1322

Pearl Jam Links With 'Rock Band' For Free Tracks
    February 04, 2009 - Digital and Mobile

PEARL JAM
    By Antony Bruno, Denver

Included in Pearl Jam's "Ten" album re-release on March 24 will be a redemption code in the CD booklet that will allow fans to download three tracks for the "Rock Band" videogame.

The offer is limited to copies of CDs purchased at Best Buy stores. The free songs include "Brother," "Alive," and "State of Love & Trust."

All three will also be available for purchase from the "Rock Band" downloadable store, along with the entire "Ten" album in March.

Previously, rock band Disturbed offered two free "Rock Band" songs along for those who pre-ordered its album "Indestructible."
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    i really hope they make it available as a disc for the ps2 like they did with the ac/dc and track pack 1 & 2 discs.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all