Options

MEAT PUPPETS

san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
edited January 2009 in Other Music
i haven't seen the boyz since 1991 at the catalyst in santa cruz. i'm giving myself a little present by taking a trip to the bay area next weekend for the santa cruz, san francisco, and petaluma shows! i'm going to the shows with a couple of my deadhead friends that i turned on to the meat puppets back in 1990. anybody else here dig the "brothers" meat?
"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I honestly think Meat Puppets II is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
  • Options
    Meat Puppets are awesome! Back water is still one of my favorite songs, there album they released in 2006 (?) was pretty good! the name of the cd escapes me but its worth checking out!
  • Options
    san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    the last cd was called "rise to your knees". they are going to release a new album soon.
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    I saw them 2 times last year opening for Built To Spill.... Still a great band!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    I saw them 2 times last year opening for Built To Spill.... Still a great band!

that would ahve been awesome show! I have never had the chance to see the meat puppets but saw built to spill a few years ago and they were awesome!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yeah, I saw them a few months back opening for Built To Spill and the show was awesome. It was the first time i had seen them since 1996!

Good stuff, the band still rocks espcially live.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I've only ever heard Backwater and Nirvana's covers at Unplugged. Backwater is one of the best songs of the 90s though.
  • Options
    I only have Meat Puppets II but it's badass :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    DrewRWxDrewRWx Posts: 71
    I just saw them at Soho in Santa Barbara! They were so awesome! I love tabling shows for KCSB!
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Hmmm....sadly I didn't know Backwater was by the Meat Puppets. For shame, for shame I know. :cry:
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Anybody going to the Meat Puppets tour this year? Mike Watt is touring with them. Hope to grab tix tomorrow for a show in May. First time catching both in concert.
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake