Options

Need more vinyl - to listen to...

tdubtdub Posts: 226
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I'm a really big fan of vinyl. I got a record player about 2 years ago and really got into it. I love listening to vinyl and care less about the value contained within an unopened copy, etc.

That said - I have been trying to find some PJ records at a reasonable price. I've had Riot Act, Vitalogy and 'Pearl Jam.' But would really like to get my hand on...a No Code or a Binaural without paying an arm and a leg. Thing is, I don't care if it's used, opened, whatever...as long as it plays good.

Does anyone know of an eBay alternative for finding good records - new or used - at a reasonable price. Records for the listener and not the collector.

I'm interested in other bands too - Nirvana, Tool, AIC, Soundgarden etc etc
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    tdub wrote:
    I'm a really big fan of vinyl. I got a record player about 2 years ago and really got into it. I love listening to vinyl and care less about the value contained within an unopened copy, etc.

That said - I have been trying to find some PJ records at a reasonable price. I've had Riot Act, Vitalogy and 'Pearl Jam.' But would really like to get my hand on...a No Code or a Binaural without paying an arm and a leg. Thing is, I don't care if it's used, opened, whatever...as long as it plays good.

Does anyone know of an eBay alternative for finding good records - new or used - at a reasonable price. Records for the listener and not the collector.

I'm interested in other bands too - Nirvana, Tool, AIC, Soundgarden etc etc
    sorry, I can't help.
    I know what you mean by getting into it. I started to listen to vinyls one year ago and I bough all PJ vinyls within 2 or 3 months. I bought many on ebay, paying high prices. So, I can't help finding alternative. There's a aseller on ebay called "boomgasper" who often have good prices. He doesn't seem to have LPs at the moment but you may try to contact him and he'll let you know if he's going to have LPs soon...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    As far as Non-Pearl Jam records:

I would check the official sites for any bands you're interested in. If they sell vinyl you'll usually get a decent price, and best of all you know you're actually supporting the artist rather than paying some random person whose just trying to make a large profit.

Additionally, this store has a good reputation, though I doubt you'll find anything from Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc.:

http://www.musicdirect.com/

Based on the bands you listed I'm guessing that you're problem is going to be that you're looking for music by either long-gone band's from the CD era or bands with huge, merchandise-hungry fanbases. You'll have more luck finding used stuff from popular seventies groups or new releases from current "indie" artists.
  • Options
    thanks for the input. it's just crazy that all this vinyl exists on eBay and it's all wrapped up and not listened to.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i was shocked that blind melon vinyls are 100$ each...i just want to listen to them too,

opening my riot act and yield were great days! its meant to be listened to!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options

opening my riot act and yield were great days! its meant to be listened to!

without a doubt!! I'd love to have Yield on vinyl...maybe one day. I'm just not going to pay $100 for it so that someone can bag a few extra bucks