Options

Official music video for Charlotte Martin's version of "Elderly Woman"

Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I don't know if this vid had been posted before, I didnt even know how to start searching to see if I found it on here...

Ive never heard of this girl before but my hubby found this on RM.
I thought she did a great job with it, I think there is a story behind the reason why she covered this song and the images on the vid, someone mentioned (on the replies to the vid) that the singer lost her child and she did this in tribute to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMD40O3BGU8

Urs,
"Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    people are quick to jump to conclusions around here so ill post my feedback before an angry mob forms to bash this...

its a lovely version! not exactly my cup o' tea, but shes got a great voice! i wouldve liked something a lil more up tempo and less ballad-ish but hey... ive never heard of making a music video for a cover tho... waddup wit dat??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Pearl Jam should be proud.

BTW, is this the first studio release of a PJ cover?
    I'm sure a lot of bands have done PJ songs live.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    people are quick to jump to conclusions around here so ill post my feedback before an angry mob forms to bash this...

its a lovely version! not exactly my cup o' tea, but shes got a great voice! i wouldve liked something a lil more up tempo and less ballad-ish but hey... ive never heard of making a music video for a cover tho... waddup wit dat??

You're clearly unfamiliar with every pop band to come out of western Europe in the last 15 years.:p

I liked this version, up until the high notes at the end, where her voice got a little too... squeaky... for my tastes. I prefer Allison Crowe's PJ covers for now.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'll have to check this out. She's actually married to Ken Andrews of Failure and has collaborated with him and Aaron Harris of ISIS among others. Maybe throwing a little cred around will keep the wolves at bay...
  • Options
    You're clearly unfamiliar with every pop band to come out of western Europe in the last 15 years.:p

I liked this version, up until the high notes at the end, where her voice got a little too... squeaky... for my tastes. I prefer Allison Crowe's PJ covers for now.:)
    cant say i really follow western europe really... maybe i need to expand my daily regiment of MTV to include shitty music internationally :p

• Options
    she's smoking hot regardless
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

I think its really pretty. The singer has a beautiful voice.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but if you read the original post it says this was done in tribute to the singers daughter who passed away so up temp wouldn't really be appropriate in this case. BUT if another artist were to choose to cover this then sure go more up tempo.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    cant say i really follow western europe really... maybe i need to expand my daily regiment of MTV to include shitty music internationally :p

A problem shared is a problem halved.;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I think its really pretty. The singer has a beautiful voice.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but if you read the original post it says this was done in tribute to the singers daughter who passed away so up temp wouldn't really be appropriate in this case. BUT if another artist were to choose to cover this then sure go more up tempo.
    oops... i just jumped right into the link without reading the background... sad to hear about her daughter... the video makes more sense with that in mind too... and like i said... nice version... didnt mean to insult it or her intentions

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    its good, im sure a lot of people will love it and this could even get overplayed which would be just fantastic

its irritating hearing her miss some of the notes i must say however... makes me think of neko case.. and how she would have 100% nailed this
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Eh.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    MrSmith wrote:
    she's smoking hot regardless

i liked the cover and video but this is what stood out to me the most...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I dig it.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I thought it was a nice interpretation...especially because of the circumstances behind it.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:

its irritating hearing her miss some of the notes i must say however... makes me think of neko case.. and how she would have 100% nailed this

i gotta agree, her voice isnt the best.