Options

Curious Differences In Cornice Dvd???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Julien wrote:
    yes, and the cover is a bit larger than a normal plastic DVD box.

Oh, Thank you very much Julien and Arainea for your feedback! Boy, so this means that there are at least 2 kinds of retail version. The first one is the one you both have, which is the hard cardboard cover with the booklet. Now, I've seen another one which comes in a regular plastic DVD package but I have no idea if it comes with the booklet and this is the doubt that is killing me. What I know so far is that the price is quite different between the two versions (the cardboard one is a lot more expensive). If there's anyone here that got the plastic package version and could clear this thing out, I'd be really glad! :)
  • Options
    So, did anyone get the regular plastic DVD package for Imagine in Cornice?
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    vingt-sept wrote:
    So, did anyone get the regular plastic DVD package for Imagine in Cornice?
    the cardboard version is really great and it's nice taht it's differetn than a normal plastic box. What's the price difference ?
    if this is a few $ or €, i'd go with the cardboard version...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    the cardboard version is really great and it's nice taht it's differetn than a normal plastic box. What's the price difference ?
    if this is a few $ or €, i'd go with the cardboard version...

The price difference is quite significant, at least for me. From what I've found on stores so far, it's about $15~$20 difference. That's why I wanted to check out if the only difference between these two versions is the package or not.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    vingt-sept wrote:
    The price difference is quite significant, at least for me. From what I've found on stores so far, it's about $15~$20 difference. That's why I wanted to check out if the only difference between these two versions is the package or not.
    that's a big difference.. why don't you buy it on pearljam.com ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    that's a big difference.. why don't you buy it on pearljam.com ?

Because I live outside US and probably the shipping rates + import taxes wouldn't make it worth all the trouble.
    With a bit of sacrifice I could pay this $20 difference but I wanted to make sure that these $20 difference is worthy, you know. I'm really not in the mood to pay extra $20 just to find out later that the price difference was only because one was packaged in cardboard and the other in plastic. :)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Where are you located? I can't believe there's a $20 difference! The DVD is only about $20! Maybe the plastic case one is pirated?
  • Options
    bashbabashba Posts: 43
    My retail version is in cardboard with the artwork booklet. I've never seen a plastic case Cornice DVD in the US.
    FOR RENT
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I have both. They're the exact same thing.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    I have both. They're the exact same thing.

Swear to God? So the plastic case version comes also with the same booklet as the cardboard case one, right?

The plastic case DVD is not a pirated one, unless Warner Music company decided to join the piracy business, because apparently they're are the distributors of this version. :)
  • Options
    vingt-sept wrote:
    The plastic case DVD is not a pirated one, unless Warner Music company decided to join the piracy business, because apparently they're are the distributors of this version. :)
    I didn't mean anything by it, just a suggestion. I don't know where you live so have no idea about the prevalence of (even legitimate looking) pirate copies.

I'm interested to know whereabouts you live and what the prices of the two versions are? Are you from Canada too? I can't believe there's such a big price difference, what are they trying to charge for the cardboard one?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

I'm interested to know whereabouts you live and what the prices of the two versions are? Are you from Canada too? I can't believe there's such a big price difference, what are they trying to charge for the cardboard one?

I live in Brazil. From what I've searched on stores here, the cardboard one is about $51 and the plastic one is $29, in a promotional price (the actual price is $36 in this store). The prices are in US dollars. It's really a rip off, compared to prices in US. Now, you might be asking yourself why the prices are so high in Brazil, and the answer to that is this: taxes, taxes and more taxes. If I'm not wrong, Brazil is the number one country in amount of taxes. But this is a subject for another thread. :)

Anyway, bovy_j, could you confirm once more that the plastic case version comes with the same booklet as the cardboard one, please? I want to make really sure that this is right. If I'm not wrong, the cardboard version comes with a 23-page booklet with pictures.
    If anyone else got the plastic case one and can confirm this too, please feel free to manifest yourself. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    yeah like the artwork on the disc from avocado was different from the store version. not a real biggie but still defines that it is a 10c version.
    how was it different? I get the 10c version, but just curious.
    it has different artwork on the disc than the regular store versions.

THANKS that helped alot. :(
  • Options
    vingt-sept wrote:
    I was just about to ask if you were brazilian because of that sentence.
    Some die just to live.
  • Options
    vingt-sept wrote:
    I live in Brazil. From what I've searched on stores here, the cardboard one is about $51 and the plastic one is $29, in a promotional price (the actual price is $36 in this store). The prices are in US dollars. It's really a rip off, compared to prices in US. Now, you might be asking yourself why the prices are so high in Brazil, and the answer to that is this: taxes, taxes and more taxes. If I'm not wrong, Brazil is the number one country in amount of taxes. But this is a subject for another thread. :)

Anyway, bovy_j, could you confirm once more that the plastic case version comes with the same booklet as the cardboard one, please? I want to make really sure that this is right. If I'm not wrong, the cardboard version comes with a 23-page booklet with pictures.
    If anyone else got the plastic case one and can confirm this too, please feel free to manifest yourself. Thank you! :)
    Wow! That's really expensive, unbelievable! I hope the plastic one ends up meeting your needs.
  • Options
    how was it different? I get the 10c version, but just curious.

the avocado artwork is identical just the 10c version has a hard cover book and it doesnt have the bands names listed in it ... lol cuz youre a fan club member you MUST know the band members name.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}